On 3/11/2018 at 10:50 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

Some would argue it's more of a niche within a niche reference, about terrible Engrish ports that the gaming industry saw in the early '90's.  There are quite a few "unique" ones that people have played up on for over twenty years now...

Linking for those that didn't know the reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

I think it was a rather "cute" use of it, since it's a box... Full of bases for miniatures.

12 minutes ago, malefactus said:

What does "All your base belong in box" mean? 

See the link above. It's a meme from before memes, basically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

If someone doesn't get to it before I do (as I won't be home from work for another 8 hours) I can take swatch pics of Prom Night Pink, Stark Naked and Morning After Blues as I'm 95% sure I have all 3 as they were previously sold at Reapercon.

I highly recommend the copper colours; I've used New Copper in particular a whole bunch. It's a really lovely salmony shade.

Ooooh, can't wait to see those swatches! ^_^

• Like 4

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

See the link above. It's a meme from before memes, basically.

Thanks for the explanation red. I still don't understand what was trying to be said, but, then again, I really don't have to.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Thanks for the explanation red. I still don't understand what was trying to be said, but, then again, I really don't have to.

Shaka, when the walls fell ::(:::(:::(:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So keeping my promise not to buy any more minis, I got a good deal on a few Undead Samurai and Oni.

@Jasper_the_2nd helped me out here and today this arrived:

Zombie Samurai

Necromancers

Lion Oni

Large Oni

Ogre

Ki'Rinn Warhounds

Undead Samurai Cavalry

DSCN9011.JPG

DSCN9012.JPG

DSCN9013.JPG

DSCN9014.JPG

• Like 10

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, Darkmeer said:

So, this week I got a limited edition Zuggtmoy.  I really wanted that one for my Fightin' Fungi campaign.  I wanted a commander for the evil fungi that would be truly terrifying on the field and would be useful in the RPG campaign I have planned for it.

Shortly after that, I got a call, and I got a job offer!  I'm going back to work!  That's an acquisition worth sharing. 

Super congratulations on both acquisitions, but especially the latter. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, malefactus said:

CONGRATULATIONS! Employment is WONDERFUL  for your finances AND your self esteem.

You know you have a source of Evil Mushrooms, right?

Thank you, Al, and that, sir, is a tempting offer as many amazing Mushrooms as you sculpt.  You are a machine!

• Like 3

Zuggtmoy is the Demon Queen of Fungus....

She was imprisoned in the Temple of Elemental Evil in the Greyhawk world of AD&D (1st)....

• Like 3

I got a shiny in the mail today!

20180313_181235_crop_500x500-375x375.jpg.11791da1042fea05ad201f5be7e2670c.jpg

I've never bought a miniature game before, but I love Firefly and will generally buy anything if you slap Serenity on it :p The game looks fun, I'll have to see if I can get my siblings to play. The minis are alright. The goons are sculpted beautifully, but some of the characters are soft in the face, and one (Kaylee) has a bit if a giraffe neck. Still, with that one exception, they should be fun to paint :)

• Like 5

Acquired today:

9600 Heart Throb Pink...

...and one of those bed laptop desk thingies for hubby ^_^

Took a bit of persistence with the owner of that particular FLGS, but glad I did...  And was the only one willing to PAY for it.  Several others had offered to take it off their hands (for free of course)  Then of course he was all "you can order Reaper paints through me!" but wouldn't provide timeframes on such (or a commitment to carrying a rack of Reaper paints in store - would be SO NICE to have a local store to pick up Bones and/or HD paints at...)20180313_172441.thumb.jpg.7e7bf346c012e23ec8889b5fc267aba1.jpg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, malefactus said:

7 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

Shaka, when the walls fell ::(:::(:::(:

Kadir beneath Mo Moteh :down:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ooooh, can't wait to see those swatches! ^_^

Here you go!

2CA37935-2950-4A82-9E54-78E29348B143.thumb.jpeg.4cf5b7190c3248f8452a222b40f1e0b4.jpeg

Please keep in mind that my lighting is poor but I tried to get as accurate of a colour display on the swatches themselves as I could. They look a little dull compared to how they look IRL. 

So so I did the swatches on watercolor paper that is slightly off white so I’ve got a line of Pure Black at the top, then a line of Pure White under that. Then left to right is Prom-night Pink, Stark Naked and Morning After Blues. Below those swatches, the dots are different MSP paints that I pulled that are similar for comparison sake. 

43C7E9FB-EEAE-467F-B9BB-4DA4F6958FCC.thumb.jpeg.da2a32b0e76a580744f3f97eab05643d.jpeg

Below Prom-night Pink is 09262 Blush Pink which is a very similar colour, but the obvious difference is that Prom-night Pink is on the metallic side of satin. 

Below Stark Naked is 09446 Pale Flesh which is very similar but just slightly more pink than Stark Naked. 

Below Morning After Blues is 09021 Snow Shadow which I think is slightly more on the purple side of blue whereas Morning After Blues is lighter and just slightly on the green side of blue by comparison. They’re a lot more distinct in person than they’re showing up here. 

E9C55264-DC94-4A43-835C-2689A102E40F.thumb.jpeg.25571fc922777b1431d26f4050f54a44.jpeg

Edited by Guindyloo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Many thanks Guindyloo, those look rather lovely, especially that pink! 

... Now to just impatiently wait for the beginning of April, and of course to conjure up some sort of order for March as well.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

corp001.JPG.899d760560b49bd37c050a7cdb2c8ac2.JPG

corp002.JPG.f7588e60c66ad6ec817e693d5e0cfb8e.JPG

plane001.JPG.07f430dea9c0d637f2daf5b66cf3f089.JPG

plane002.JPG.33eb4a6d752a8d38630c4a78675e9853.JPG

acq.png.e893a9f37324c59636259c2f2078e4a2.png

I can smell the foam now. Nice buys. 

Acquired today from my local card shop guy:

NOLZUR'S

Phase Spider

Deep Cut (Pathfinder) 

Male dwarf sorcerer. (one has a sweeping wave of magic & the other has a lighting bolt) 

Deep Cut (generic) 

Swarm of Rats

Braziers

He did have a nice stock to pick from as well. No beholder, but I have one so I'm not looking for one. Also found out he can get them quick when ordering so that helps in the future. 

• Like 5