28 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

You can probably make loose leaf tea in a coffee press. I'd get one expressly for the purpose, but... *grin*

I have had several portable French presses over the years that are fantastic for making tea in, especially if you like overly strong black tea like I do. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I put a teabag in the mug and pour water on it. 

If I want to be fancy I go loose leaf. Tea in strainer... pour hot water. 

Poor coffee drinkers, having to *think* about making coffee before having coffee in the morning.

Not if I'm smart and prep it the night before. Then it's get up, press the button, walk the dogs, coffee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Egg of Coot said:

I always build the best machine I can afford, and the decision to go with an older card was driven by cost.  Graphics cards are stupidly expensive right now (as is RAM) and I wasn't willing to dump $800+ on a card.  The 1050 TI was right in the sweet spot - powerful enough for my needs (I'm a casual gamer) and at a price I could stomach.   Besides, it's a massive step up from the GTX 560 TI in the old 2500k build that it's replacing. 

The Egg

Makes sense.  It's still technically current generation, was just odd to see all the specs and then a 1050 Ti.. But yeah, prices are definitely bonkers at the moment thanks to the mining craze and companies having their fun playing up on it. 

But given the use, definitely makes sense. 

I've wanted to upgrade my 980 Ti but I don't want to spend $1500 CAD on a video card - if I had that kind of spare cash I'd sooner give it to Olympus to get one of the f1.2 lenses I want.. 

I suspect it's also because if I upgraded the video card I'd want three RoG Swift 27" monitors as I still game in surround, at least on a few games anyways, and my current one still does the job. 

3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

You can probably make loose leaf tea in a coffee press. I'd get one expressly for the purpose, but... *grin*

Espro makes ones specifically designed for tea, as well as ones for coffee.  Double walled stainless steel, dual action filter coffee (and tea) presses.  Tea ones have their own specific basket design too. 

My local tea shop (The Tea Girl) only uses bodum presses, if I remember correctly.  Great to fill, easy to clean, and easy to refill. 

• Like 2

Ordered paint I needed for some projects I have WIP's for. They, in theory, will be here tomorrow. I wanted more but had to clear it out a little because there's lots of Bones 4 I want that isn't paid for yet. Probably won't acquire more paint for a while because of lack of storage.

09265: Deep Twilight  $3.29 x1
09266: Violet Light  $3.29 x1
09267: Sunset Purple  $3.29 x1
09270: Shadow Green  $3.29 x1
09250: Dusky Skin Shadow  $3.29 x1
09251: Dusky Skin  $3.29 x1
09252: Dusky Skin Highlight  $3.29 x1
09133: Bloodstain Red  $3.29 x1
09134: Clotted Red  $3.29 x1
09135: Carnage Red  $3.29 x1
09280: Nightmare Black  $3.29 x1
09001: Red Brick  $3.29 x1
09002: Deep Red  $3.29 x1
09439: Dragon White  $3.29 x1

Your order has received 1x Dungeon Dwellers: Stitch Thimbletoe

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Not if I'm smart and prep it the night before. Then it's get up, press the button, walk the dogs, coffee.

That requires preparation while in sleepy night-time mode. 

• Like 2

A buddy of mine and I became enamored with the idea of picoarmor for big battles while we were at AdeptiCon, and we just each bought about a dozen blisters of various tanks, APCs, etc. That may not sound like much, but pico stuff is packaged at 15 models/blister.

My share is:

2S19 Msta (15 pcs)
BM-30 Smerch (15 pcs)
T-72 (15 pcs)
T-80UD (15 pcs)     
T-90 (15 pcs)
Mi-28N Havoc (8 pcs)      
T-72A (15 pcs)     
T-80B (15 pcs)      
2S1 Gvozdika ACRV 2 (12+2 pcs)     
BMP-3 (15 pcs)

My buddy bought US stuff, and he has some planes, but I had already picked up a bunch of MiGs and SU variants, so I'm set for now.  Good thing this stuff will paint quickly though. . .

• Like 4

Today I got a call from the post office at my working place. They told me there was a package waiting for me. So during break, I went to them and got my package .... from France.

jykm-2qe-5636.jpg

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Yay! Pseudo-Sororita space nuns without heavy armour, but with athletic bodies and in aesthetical poses. And I also got some Fantasy nuns, and flying nuns and so on. 30 or so alltogether. Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Rhini! We've got some sexy Gun-kata-nuns in super tight clothing!

jykm-2qf-b0d9.jpg

jykm-2qg-c5f5.jpg

Right ... he told me he was looking for a new and mobile kitchen ... preferences ... I guess he'll never be into miniatues ...

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 11

Good luck assembling and priming these. I'm still fighting with the ones I received 6 months ago.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, paintybeard said:

Good luck assembling and priming these. I'm still fighting with the ones I received 6 months ago.

As I already got some fantasy nuns before and I already know how to tackle them, I think this will be only a bit of a bother (Though I know what you mean. It took me a month to assemble five command miniatures - and I feel for you!) ... so thanks! I will be careful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hua, I forgot to post my reaper order...

IMG_20180407_085357.thumb.jpg.870d502617a38c4c20a7cb73b4e957c5.jpg

Sadly my note didn't get an answer.

IMG_20180407_085407.thumb.jpg.e8f2c6dd955fb56c708e38d22463381c.jpg

• Like 13

After a weekend painting workshop,

I acquired:

a 75mm knight from Noctura Models. (started)

a GW age of sigmar liberator 

a  Space Marine - my first ever. 

a lot more color theory 

a better grasp of NMM 

A need for new brushes, and inks - as soon as my hobby budget resets. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 8

Mail call.

D464C858-C124-4027-9392-A6784654C839.thumb.jpeg.f78b78abd0c0d2a6789b9ef43bd19945.jpeg

Maybe my favorite PF main-series cover, idk.

• Like 6

Surprise attack from my salesperson today at work.  She's acting like it's all a big thing, but it's just my 35th trip around the sun.... ::P:

Apologies for somewhat messy back of work truck shot. 

20180410_075151.thumb.jpg.1556b0185a7eeaa8b08413bbacd00d1b.jpg20180410_075214.thumb.jpg.2a6e3fc8550375bde04ac953d5df9c0a.jpg20180410_075217.thumb.jpg.21d8d9de6b00bd1147ff2290912e0906.jpg

She's getting really good at figuring out some of my favourite snack things o_O 

I also playfully had to ask her how she knew I needed a laundry basket...  It'll be nice to use a basket instead of a Rubbermaid tote ^_^

Warehouse guys were happy I shared some of the cookies! 

.... Also got a parcel to pick up from the post office, which I suspect contains a copy of Clank! and a few other things from the parents... But pics of that will be after work, due to having to pick it up first... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 7