Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, Unruly said:

Got my second airbrush today. This time it's a Patriot of the "Xtreme" variety. Which basically means it's about 70% the same parts as the first one I received. It comes stock with the super fine detail conversion kit, has an ergonomic finger rest, a longer trigger, and an air control screw built into the airbrush itself. Sadly, I've been reading that the air control screw has been causing a lot of issues for people that have received them as part of the 54th birthday promo. I guess I'll figure things out soon enough.

 

I expect that by the end of next week I'll have my last one come in, and it's a Krome, which is an airbrush that was built from the ground up for detail work. And then I can finally go about testing all three to check for issues.

20180411_193411.jpg

 

This has been my workhorse airbrush for the last 6 months or so.  Got it special on Amazon when they were on sale.  It holds up pretty well to my amateur attempts at airbrushing and doesn't clog too badly.  When cleaning, jus remember the air siphon part of the mixing area has multiple holes (6 or 8 I forget which) if you don't clean them all the paint has a tendancy to spray in the direction of the clogged hole you forgot. fine wire or the needle from a broken airbrush is a must for cleaning!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received some goodies from Reaper! Got 12 CAV paints from the CAV2 KS.. and a Reaper store order on the same day! 

My store order had:


09237: Violet Shadow x1
09404: Cinnamon Red x1
09448: Dragon Copper x1
09451: Dwarven Gold x1
09681: MSP Core Colors: Prom Night Pink x1
09682: MSP HD: Stark Naked x1
09683: MSP Bones Ultra-Colors: Morning After Blues x1
77486: Female Oni x1
77492: Behir x1
77495: Saproling Warrior x2
89042: Red Mantis Assassin x1

07004: Dungeon Dwellers: Stitch Thimbletoe x1

 

I'm pretty sure the three 096xx paints used to be ReaperCon only colors. I don't know if they were added to the store as permanent offerings, of if they are part of some special event that I'm not aware of. Either way, I jumped on them the minute I saw they were available to order. They are numbered in sequence but are listed as being from three different paint lines (Core, HD, & Bones Ultra-Colors). No idea why. I'm also jazzed to try out the Bones metallic paints. I've read that they are quite a bit nicer than the normal MSP metallics. So excited!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit sceptical to those 'side tower' style printers. 

But hopefully it's all unfounded. 

(I have a DreamMaker Overlord Pro, a 'delta style' printer, and a WanHao i3, a 'portal' design) 

 

This printer is feeding the filament using a motor at the top of the tower, instead of having a motor by the printhead. 

The pro is that this makes the printhead lighter so that not only can they accellerate and decellerate faster(means shorter print times), but it should result in less backlash and cleaner prints.

The con is that you can't print with flexible filaments. Don't even think about it.

And when(not if) the filament breaks inside the tube it can be a real pain to clear...   

 

Check on Thingiverse if there's a user group for your printer, and if they have a list of suggested upgrades. 

(improved fan ducts can make a big difference)

It doesn't hurt to check on the Fat Dragon Games forum also for tips. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happiness is getting items a day before tracking says!

 

CAV Kickstarter paints & bonus CAV (which btw are some of the best details EVER! in a Bones figure. If small figures were of this detail, metal might be in trouble for me! :lol:)

 

Also March Reaper order in as well.

 

Also got my Warlord Doll with knife familiar from Horde O'Bits off ebay as well.

3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

09681: MSP Core Colors: Prom Night Pink x1
09682: MSP HD: Stark Naked x1
09683: MSP Bones Ultra-Colors: Morning After Blues x1

 

I'm pretty sure the three 096xx paints used to be ReaperCon only colors

 

The special paints I think were Convention only (not just ReaperCon) paints.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

 

This has been my workhorse airbrush for the last 6 months or so.  Got it special on Amazon when they were on sale.  It holds up pretty well to my amateur attempts at airbrushing and doesn't clog too badly.  When cleaning, jus remember the air siphon part of the mixing area has multiple holes (6 or 8 I forget which) if you don't clean them all the paint has a tendancy to spray in the direction of the clogged hole you forgot. fine wire or the needle from a broken airbrush is a must for cleaning!

 

 

Well, good news is that I have a bent needle from my Patriot that I bought about 3 years ago, so that helps. I've been using it to scrape paint out of the nozzle, because if paint sets up in there it won't get touched by a solvent soak because of how small the part is.

 

I also did a sort of bad thing. I ordered a drill/driver combo set and a drill bit set and put them on credit. Makita 18v Li-Ion hammer drill(XPH10Z) and impact driver(XDT11Z) in a hard case with charger and 2 4 amp-hour batteries for $250, and then a Makita 70pc drill bit set. The tool set was $250, the bit set was $20, and after taxes it came out to just shy of $300.

 

But, on the bright side, I can now do some home improvement/repair projects that I've been putting off because I didn't have the right tools. I can also begin work on building the new desk that I was planning on building, as well as possibly a new bookshelf.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I'm a bit sceptical to those 'side tower' style printers. 

But hopefully it's all unfounded. 

(I have a DreamMaker Overlord Pro, a 'delta style' printer, and a WanHao i3, a 'portal' design) 

 

This printer is feeding the filament using a motor at the top of the tower, instead of having a motor by the printhead. 

The pro is that this makes the printhead lighter so that not only can they accellerate and decellerate faster(means shorter print times), but it should result in less backlash and cleaner prints.

The con is that you can't print with flexible filaments. Don't even think about it.

And when(not if) the filament breaks inside the tube it can be a real pain to clear...   

 

Check on Thingiverse if there's a user group for your printer, and if they have a list of suggested upgrades. 

(improved fan ducts can make a big difference)

It doesn't hurt to check on the Fat Dragon Games forum also for tips. 

 

 

 


Thank you for the advice!  I actually got the heads up on the sale on this one from the Fat Dragon FB group.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 6:03 PM, Citrine said:

Darn you enabler you, Cyr!  My wallet bleeds!

 

15th Anniversary Special Bundle DSM15TH 1 $144.99
Female Dragonkin Rogue - Dual Wield DSM7483 1 $11.99
Turtle Warrior with Axe DSM8101 1 $11.99
Female Halfling Mage with Staff DSM7479 1 $9.99
Male Barbarian with Battle Axe DSM7477 1 $9.99
Male Dwarven Cleric with Warhammer DSM7475 1 $9.99
Female Druid with Staff DSM7472 1 $9.99
Female Demonkin Adventurer DSM7470 1 $9.99
Female Warrior with Two Handed Sword DSM7467 1 $9.99
Male Warrior with Great Sword/Great Axe Weapon Options DSM7464 1 $9.99
Male Demonkin Rogue DSM7458 1 $9.99
Female Dragonkin Mage DSM7454 1 $9.99
Demonkin Fighter/Mage DSM7456 1 $9.99
Male Dragonkin Warrior DSM7453 1 $11.99
Female Warrior Mage with Sword and Wand DSM7448 1 $9.99
Thief of Hearts - Deva DSM7544 1 $14.99

 

My Darksword order came today, and Darksword had tossed 3 free minis in there, which is awesome of them:

DSM-1125 Castle of Deception Female Mage

DSM-4620 Birdman

DSM-8083 Harrek Otter Cleric

 

Quality of the casting was outstanding like usual!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went thrift shopping in Kentucky. Found non-miniature hobby related items.

Blu-rays: $4 each

Last season of Sons of Anarchy

Cinderella

Finding Dory

Alice Through the Looking Glass

 

Marvel:

Mystique ($4)

Captain America Mug (60 cents)

 

Misc: ($4)

Hugo boss sweater that isn't pictured.

Foo dog statue. Since I don't have the other one, I might use this in frost grave and create a rubble pile on the opposite side 

20180414_203508.thumb.jpg.90d9d52fcda99f90f6f853068914310a.jpg

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a 1lb bag of d8s at the gem & mineral show!.... sortof. 

 

It is a 1lb bag of cleaved fluorite (it cleaves into octahedra). Clear, blue-green, purple, and yellow at least in the bag ::D:

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Got a 1lb bag of d8s at the gem & mineral show!.... sortof. 

 

It is a 1lb bag of cleaved fluorite (it cleaves into octahedra). Clear, blue-green, purple, and yellow at least in the bag ::D:

That sounds gorgeous, so... Pics? ^_^

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That sounds gorgeous, so... Pics? ^_^

This. Pics please. ^.^

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay no yellow like I thought. I grabbed the bag with intense teals and some with color zoning. 

20180415_103348.jpg

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Okay no yellow like I thought. I grabbed the bag with intense teals and some with color zoning. 

20180415_103348.jpg

*grabby hands*

 

Yesterday, I snaffled an Ancient Silver (we don't have enough large metallic dragons, so I will ignore my usual distain for giving WotC money for a large metallic dragon or three), that I'm pretty sure I could have painted better and a book and some immediate pointers on where I can find Mr. Thorne a Siberian kitten (local breeders are all tabbies, he wants a Neva Masque.. sigh), but, hey, progress.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×