Welp, suckered myself into going back for the rest of that brick--minus one that sold between last night and today. Alas, it must've had the astradaemon and dwarf explorer in it, for I struck out again.

Got some useful minis, but I feel like I came out way in the hole factoring in cost/quality/selection altogether. The randomness does make the brain fire that dopamine or whatever like gambling, so it's fun, but hopefully this cures me of these for a while.

• Like 2

I have been looking all over town the last few months and randomly checked out an organic food store 'just in case'  ... Victory !  ... 

20180428_150124-1.thumb.jpg.5281f23263604bdc1a15dc0658cc045c.jpg

Sooo gooood ... 

ObrothetStuff.thumb.jpg.de2bcc237b52eadd5393758701e1e71f.jpg

I'm as happy as a gobbo with an adventuring party in the cooking pot ...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Boaz said:

I have been looking all over town the last few months and randomly checked out an organic food store 'just in case'  ... Victory !  ... 

Reveal hidden contents

20180428_150124-1.thumb.jpg.5281f23263604bdc1a15dc0658cc045c.jpg

Sooo gooood ... 

ObrothetStuff.thumb.jpg.de2bcc237b52eadd5393758701e1e71f.jpg

I'm as happy as a gobbo with an adventuring party in the cooking pot ...

I'm allergic to organic. :mellow::rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Funny thing ... water is not organic but plastic can be ... 

To be organic something must be a naturally formed compound containing carbon ... put the right two chemicals together they will form organic plastic ... water, is water.

Edited by Boaz
  • Like 3

I have inherited a curio cabinet which, aside from the obvious downside of inheriting something, cleaned up pretty well.  There are only two shelves and about 15" between each level so even 75mm minis are pretty lost in it.  1/8 to 1/6 scale would fit pretty well, but I haven't finished any of them or any of my oversized Bones monsters. I plugged it in to make sure the overhead light still works.  Here it is with clean glass and oiled wood.

IMG_1552_small.thumb.jpg.40d54017ef5dfe994307b3fda69abd17.jpg

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, Auberon said:

I have inherited a curio cabinet which, aside from the obvious downside of inheriting something, cleaned up pretty well.  There are only two shelves and about 15" between each level so even 75mm minis are pretty lost in it.  1/8 to 1/6 scale would fit pretty well, but I haven't finished any of them or any of my oversized Bones monsters. I plugged it in to make sure the overhead light still works.  Here it is with clean glass and oiled wood.

22 minutes ago, Auberon said:

I had a neighbor that broke up some bowling trophies that he had been given.  Among the debris were several pieces of plexiglass that I used to create several levels for my miniatures to be displayed.  You might look in trophy stores for some odd shaped plexiglass to raise up and consume some of that 15 inch height !!

• Like 4

Took long enough, but arrived today.

IMG_20180428_144423780_LL.jpg

• Like 5

Bought a set of micro-dice at the Citadel while hanging around for International Tabletop Day.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Dontfear said:

Klingspors is a dangerous store to go into and their sand paper is excellent.  I prefer a planed and scraped surface myself though.

True enough but round surfaces are difficult to plane and scrape.  Since 2 of my hobbies are pen making and miniature ship building, there is a lot of curved surfaces.

It's a pretty good investment, my last order with them was 20 years ago want I was starting to run out of some of the finer grits.

7 hours ago, Auberon said:

IMG_1552_small.thumb.jpg.40d54017ef5dfe994307b3fda69abd17.jpg

Hey I resemble that remark or at least my curio cabinet does. ::D:

I use it to display my eldar veichles and my KDM minis when we aren't playing.  The dragon and dragon king has the tip shelf to themselves...

• Like 5

13 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I acquired a new phone and phone number. Now maybe [redacted]'s dentist will stop calling me. He hasn't had the number in 8 years, update your records!

I assume you told them this every time they called?

After the third time I would have reported them for harassment, and had a chat with my network provider for a block of their number.

Seasalt...   

With the amount of microscopic plastic in the sea and even in seasalts today, anything containing seasalt can hardly be called organic any more.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

True enough but round surfaces are difficult to plane and scrape.  Since 2 of my hobbies are pen making and miniature ship building, there is a lot of curved surfaces.

It's a pretty good investment, my last order with them was 20 years ago want I was starting to run out of some of the finer grits.

I buy their scrap box which is like 10 pounds for 20 bucks, it's a good deal and since I just hand sand I don't need full belts.  Their paper is most excellent.  I've been experimenting with pre-sanding finishing methods and for curves I have found straight off a finely set spoke shave and then burnished with a hardwood scrap gets the best results but then again I'm not a turner.  I know turners will use their chips to burnish but I feel like sand paper is faster there.

• Like 2

Just got my reaper order. Not only did they have pens left, they had FOUR pens! 

Also, Sophie, Mr. and Mrs. Bones, paints, and an obelisk with an octopus on it. 

IMG_1642.thumb.JPG.b3058e53ed1d5f3c455bb612ec108799.JPG

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

Got a book I saw recommended on another thread this morning (yay for Amazon's Sunday delivery).

But then "boo" for my reading comprehension. Bought the workbook companion, not the actual book I was trying to buy. So another order placed, and arrives Tuesday.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Acquired.  The shirt I am wearing in pic, my daughter's concert shirt in women's small that is more like a nightgown for now.  A couple signatures on items we took...and many memories of a great night! (Wishing I had acquired some of Al's hair because man I need some after seeing pics like this of me.)

5ae68ea69a356_2018-04-2723_27_52.thumb.jpg.c8f06bd76aea0acd5fece7c7baaf5da2.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1