On 4/29/2018 at 9:34 PM, hungerfan said:

Acquired.  The shirt I am wearing in pic, my daughter's concert shirt in women's small that is more like a nightgown for now.  A couple signatures on items we took...and many memories of a great night! (Wishing I had acquired some of Al's hair because man I need some after seeing pics like this of me.)

5ae68ea69a356_2018-04-2723_27_52.thumb.jpg.c8f06bd76aea0acd5fece7c7baaf5da2.jpg

My wife had gone to at least 4 of his concerts and he sat on her lap when he sung, and he signed her scarf afterwards. He really is a kind man and generous with his time.

• Like 9

2D537EC3-0DAE-43CD-A3AF-26F342A1F713.thumb.jpeg.b907deef80fd36f94ac2855019d1d89a.jpeg

In which I shame myself and my family by purchasing manga for the first time.

But that Drifters anime really rocked my socks right off. Like cracked-out D&D. Delightful.

Reading right to left is kinda hard tho.

• Like 5

I placed my first Reaper order of the year this evening.  Yes, I have been behaving myself with hobby purchases.

09705: Cool Greens $10.99 x1  - I have a jade paint I like the shade of, but it is very translucent and quite glossy.  Hopefully Reaper's is better behaved.
25101: Warlord Second Edition $19.95 x1 - I haven't read a skirmish game in awhile, and some of you seem to like this one.  I like metal minis so I may build a faction.
08702: Master Series Squeeze Bottles (3) $2.99 x1 - Mixing paint on the pallet for large figures gets old.  I may as well give myself the option to mix a large amount for a large surface.
09107: Brush-on Sealer $3.69 x1 - Running low.
87192: Kaladrax - Pre-Production Castings $39.99 x1 - Not saying I'll do one of the challenges but I'll have it available.
14220: Vysa, Darkspawn Sergeant $4.99 x1 - I was just short of $80.  I doubt I go darkspawn as I don't care for some of the sculpts, but I already had a few.

Your order has received 2x Dungeon Dwellers: Cairn Wraith - Yay, free minis.

• Like 10

I acquired a new set of tires for my car. Now I won't slide off the road if it sprinkles.

• Like 8

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:10 PM, Marvin said:

2D537EC3-0DAE-43CD-A3AF-26F342A1F713.thumb.jpeg.b907deef80fd36f94ac2855019d1d89a.jpeg

In which I shame myself and my family by purchasing manga for the first time.

But that Drifters anime really rocked my socks right off. Like cracked-out D&D. Delightful.

Reading right to left is kinda hard tho.

Hirano's at it again? I might have to look for that.

You get used to reading backwards, and then you go back to left-right orientation, and it messes you up all over again.  ^^;

• Like 2

I have acquired a niece.  Admittedly, this took no effort on my part but it is an acquisition nonetheless.

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Hirano's at it again? I might have to look for that.

You get used to reading backwards, and then you go back to left-right orientation, and it messes you up all over again.  ^^;

I never get used to it lol. It's what's always kept me off getting too into manga.

But yes, he's at it. It's about as beautifully batbroccoli crazy as Hellsing, maybe more so. The premise is even wonkier, I think. But I'm loving it.

There are, I think, five volumes already collected and out in English now. Two and three arrived here today. Went ahead and snagged them because clean cheap copies were to be had.

14A702EB-D9A9-4191-ADA4-193FCAD124A7.thumb.jpeg.ec15936244d88e26f9c53f8fb6c53ea8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Auberon said:

I have acquired a niece.  Admittedly, this took no effort on my part but it is an acquisition nonetheless.

Aren't they just the best?

I've had people try to convince me nephews are just as good, but everything I've seen so far tells me it just isn't so.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Auberon said:

Excellent!

28mm or 32mm heroic?

• Haha 9

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, Auberon said:

I placed my first Reaper order of the year this evening.  Yes, I have been behaving myself with hobby purchases.

09705: Cool Greens $10.99 x1  - I have a jade paint I like the shade of, but it is very translucent and quite glossy.  Hopefully Reaper's is better behaved.
25101: Warlord Second Edition $19.95 x1 - I haven't read a skirmish game in awhile, and some of you seem to like this one.  I like metal minis so I may build a faction.
08702: Master Series Squeeze Bottles (3) $2.99 x1 - Mixing paint on the pallet for large figures gets old.  I may as well give myself the option to mix a large amount for a large surface.
09107: Brush-on Sealer $3.69 x1 - Running low.
87192: Kaladrax - Pre-Production Castings $39.99 x1 - Not saying I'll do one of the challenges but I'll have it available.
14220: Vysa, Darkspawn Sergeant $4.99 x1 - I was just short of $80.  I doubt I go darkspawn as I don't care for some of the sculpts, but I already had a few.

Your order has received 2x Dungeon Dwellers: Cairn Wraith - Yay, free minis.

They haven't released the bones mini I want but don't have yet.  I want my plastic t'raukzul!

• Like 3

I am late expressing gratitude for this, but thanks to SisterMaryNapalm I now have a very nice eighteenth century lady / vampire figure to paint.

That's @SisterMaryNapalm

That's @SisterMaryNapalm

• Like 8

Suppose I could put this here...  Acquired new microphone kit (Rode NT1 + AI-1) and boom arm (Rode PSA1) for said microphone. ^_^

Bit overkill for Hangouts but I wanted a nice new microphone for other things anyways ^_^

Boom arm allows me to have it nearby computer for gaming and voice chat, while I can also move it over so it's right by my miniatures workspace.  Now to just get a decent camera to go with all of that...  Oh neat, I could use the Zoom Q8 if I got one (or just go with my original idea of picking up a Panasonic G7 but I digress...) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I am late expressing gratitude for this, but thanks to SisterMaryNapalm I now have a very nice eighteenth century lady / vampire figure to paint.

My pleasure, dear @Pingo

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

My pleasure, dear @Pingo

I really should have said thanks straightaway, but I am a dunderhead.

Thank you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

I really should have said thanks straightaway, but I am a dunderhead.

Thank you!

Haha. No worries.

• Like 1