40 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

How is the Flab Giant?  I was thinking about adding him to the Giant collection.

Haven't been brave enough to do a full inspection yet.

13 hours ago, Marvin said:

Yeah, the eyes are really bad. Raccoon-like black circles with white centers pretty much lol.

They're mostly okay for table fodder at best, overall. Nothing that stacks up with Reaper or the like, but is what it is. Some neat figures though. Some serpentfolk, which I like, because my selection has been low elsewhere, and some pretty cool vines, of all things. A few cool character figs.

I did get super lucky with this batch. Last box yielded this shambling fellow I didn't even know was around:

361EA702-844D-418C-8454-2C975B2E8948.thumb.jpeg.7b27c0fe4fbfbd61319940c25038ba22.jpeg

I've ordered a few singles myself. Hey should be here tomorrow if est is right. Picked up the pixies & murder vine.

Oddly I can't recall if I went after any others from that set...... 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

@Lidless Eye, Here he is next to a bones skeleton for a size comparison (since I don't have a Sir Forscale).

20180506_101549.thumb.jpg.4b5e288b5eadf4b0618fca364e3e0c24.jpg

Lol, it looks like deflated balloons :rolleyes:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

@Lidless Eye, Here he is next to a bones skeleton for a size comparison (since I don't have a Sir Forscale).

20180506_101549.thumb.jpg.4b5e288b5eadf4b0618fca364e3e0c24.jpg

Thanks for the scale shot!  He's a lot smaller than I expected.

• Like 1

Got my reaper order.  :bday: No reply to my comment, no pen, no special paint.  :unsure: I've yet to get a bonus that wasn't an expected one... 

• Sad 5

5 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Thanks for the scale shot!  He's a lot smaller than I expected.

this cries out for a sculpted air pump attached to a leg...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Acquired: properly working Winsor and Newton Series 7 size 0 brush. 

Also acquired: lack of sleep anti-perk for work tomorrow due to enjoying said properly working brush.... But I argue it's worth it. 

• Like 7

I went to Michaels yesterday, but I went with a specific mission, so I didn't end up buying 1 of everything. Instead, I got 5 medium sized Wooden bases for use on some figures I have that are too big for small bases, but too small for really big bases. I also got some heavy gauge floral wire.

I have plans.:devil:

• Like 6

Thanks to @malefactus's most kind generosity, I have acquired an assortment of really lovely vampire hunter types and ne'er-do-wells and some glorious old Rackham figures. Really, I am overwhelmed.

• Like 12

I haven't acquired anything of late.

However, I am going to try to enable some people.

For those who have ever had even a slight interest in getting Campaign Cartographer, it's looking like it will be going up for sale at a pretty hefty discount over at Bundle of Holding soon. They sent out an email proclaiming it to be their newest bundle, but clicking the link currently takes you to a page that says "Did you get an email from us? You saw nothing... NOTHING!" and their Facebook page says the same thing. My guess is that someone hit the button early.

The basic software of Campaign Cartographer 3+ and the current version of the Tome of Ultimate Mapping is supposed to be going for $30. Which is a pretty good deal. $70 is supposed to get you CC3+, the Tome, Dungeon Designer 3+, and a bunch of stuff from the Cartographer's Annuals(it didn't list everything in the email). That's actually a pretty good deal if it ends up happening, because this stuff is not cheap.

To put it in perspective, when I bought it I paid $100 for a bundle of CC3, Dungeon Designer 3, and City Designer 3. Then I paid an extra $20 for Symbol Set 2, $20 for the Tome of Ultimate Mapping, and any Cartographer's Annuals that I buy(some of which have awesome symbol sets) will cost me $40 per year and there are like 15 years worth of them. Depending on what is included in that $70 section, I may buy it just for the symbol sets alone and give away the serial numbers for the main software to a friend of mine as a gift, because just buying Annuals and Symbol Sets gets real expensive real fast.

So, if you want to use some of the same software that professional RPG mappers use for both their world and their dungeon maps, maybe keep an eye out over at Bundle of Holding. If it goes up, it will likely be tomorrow, when one of their current offers expires.

@TheAuldGrump can confirm that the stuff is some powerful voodoo. It's got a very steep learning cliff to get things looking amazing, but the Tome of Ultimate Mapping does some pretty good hand holding and can get you to making decent maps if you're willing to learn.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Shoulda added the ranger figure I'll use for a feather demo, but I picked that a day or two after hitting order. Oh well. Maybe next month. 

20180507_174628.jpg

• Like 11

I got a new glass chimney for my lamp yesterday, together with a Kodak Brownie II 8mm camera.

I expect a new wick to bee waiting for me when I get home today, and I'll pick up a bottle of paraffin for it on my way home.

Now I just need to find a place to hang it...   

I also got another package yesterday...

It contained 2 x Brain in Jar(I plan to do some mods.)  and the Mousling Tavern set.

Man, when I lifted the case and felt how light it was, I though for a moment that they'd sent me an empty case.

But they're Mouslings, and 9 of those weigh practically nothing at all...

• Like 6

The local framing and art shop is closing it's doors and merging the framing part of the business with Michaels.  (Aaron Brothers, in case there's a shop near you.)  Since they had stuff on sale, I bought some stuff to play with.  First was Golden's fine blue interference paint, because I've seen Pingo play with similar stuff and wanted to see what it was like.  Second was Golden's Glass Bead Gel, which I thought I would probably find a use for in terrain or basing, either as some sort of icy snow or as an underwater something or other.  Sparkly experiments will ensue...

• Like 6

On 5/7/2018 at 7:16 PM, Unruly said:

I haven't acquired anything of late.

However, I am going to try to enable some people.

For those who have ever had even a slight interest in getting Campaign Cartographer, it's looking like it will be going up for sale at a pretty hefty discount over at Bundle of Holding soon. They sent out an email proclaiming it to be their newest bundle, but clicking the link currently takes you to a page that says "Did you get an email from us? You saw nothing... NOTHING!" and their Facebook page says the same thing. My guess is that someone hit the button early.

The basic software of Campaign Cartographer 3+ and the current version of the Tome of Ultimate Mapping is supposed to be going for $30. Which is a pretty good deal. $70 is supposed to get you CC3+, the Tome, Dungeon Designer 3+, and a bunch of stuff from the Cartographer's Annuals(it didn't list everything in the email). That's actually a pretty good deal if it ends up happening, because this stuff is not cheap.

To put it in perspective, when I bought it I paid $100 for a bundle of CC3, Dungeon Designer 3, and City Designer 3. Then I paid an extra $20 for Symbol Set 2, $20 for the Tome of Ultimate Mapping, and any Cartographer's Annuals that I buy(some of which have awesome symbol sets) will cost me $40 per year and there are like 15 years worth of them. Depending on what is included in that $70 section, I may buy it just for the symbol sets alone and give away the serial numbers for the main software to a friend of mine as a gift, because just buying Annuals and Symbol Sets gets real expensive real fast.

So, if you want to use some of the same software that professional RPG mappers use for both their world and their dungeon maps, maybe keep an eye out over at Bundle of Holding. If it goes up, it will likely be tomorrow, when one of their current offers expires.

@TheAuldGrump can confirm that the stuff is some powerful voodoo. It's got a very steep learning cliff to get things looking amazing, but the Tome of Ultimate Mapping does some pretty good hand holding and can get you to making decent maps if you're willing to learn.

Quoting myself to give something of an update.

I'm guessing that because of the early button push, they've pushed back the date on the bundle. They've got 2 new bundles up, neither of which are Campaign Cartographer. I'll keep an eye out for a few weeks and see if it does pop up. If it does, I'll be sure to let everyone know. I'm almost 100% positive that it will be happening sometime in the future, but I just can't say when.