I like some KD stuff, but not all. The Narok figure I have is a big scary undeadish monster that seems to be searching for something. This is the perfect figure to be hiding from the monster. Kinda dreading putting it together though. 

In other news,

693AC635-230A-4680-836A-8732FB082107.thumb.jpeg.8738686c9fbf76cfb6944f5d836c2599.jpeg

A couple hole-filler comics I bought to complete the run I our hated in another very reasonably priced lot. I found myself smitten with the art I see from this series, so I hope it's good.

Also,

FFAF5806-018A-44E5-885E-354DDA9ACE0D.thumb.jpeg.e1d1ad319a4dd1ea5edf30789320529c.jpeg

Somebody wants that pen feel free to slide into my PMs.

Really digging that wraith, and even more so since I went on that Drifters binge. Got me a Black King I think.

E5D12580-3EF5-4E92-BC4C-515BC8D05A67.thumb.jpeg.5ce03df62bd5fb03bcda907ade237a83.jpeg

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Dontfear said:

If it's good enough for Paul sellers to leave it sole down, it's good enough for me.  In all seriousness, that is a bit of a controversy but some of the modern masters say sole down because it is less likely to knock your lateral adjustment off.  Also here the iron is retracted because I don't want to damage my 200 year old piece of furniture it's sitting on :p

Hand tools are far more precise than machines after all 0 rpm is way slower than 10,000 :p

It's not about 'setting it down', it's about accidentally bumping it!

My ShapeOKO has an accuracy of 0.15mm(in the X and Y direction.) right now... I hope to get it down to less than 0.1mm in a coming upgrade. Just need to finish designing and machine some parts...   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

It's not about 'setting it down', it's about accidentally bumping it!

My ShapeOKO has an accuracy of 0.15mm(in the X and Y direction.) right now... I hope to get it down to less than 0.1mm in a coming upgrade. Just need to finish designing and machine some parts...   

You really should check out Paul Sellers' YouTube channel.  I think you would really enjoy it.  Careful though, I went from buying a Stanley no. 4 because if him to a 100% hand tool shop in just a couple months.......

Sounds like a heck of a piece of hardware and probably fun to use.  I enjoy what people come up with using such machines.

• Like 1

Well... 

It started out as a first Gen ShapeOko...  

Then I tossed the included 'spindle'(no-name Dremel knock-off) and installed a 300W DC spindle, added an extra drive motor, expanded it and added a double X-axis(two rails bolted together), thicker metal plates, wider belts... 

Even built a torsion Box table for it. 

(All documented on the ShapeOko forum )

The current ShapeOko 3 machines can probably beat it on most points, but who cares.

(Until I finish my new carriage, of course. Then all bets are off)

I actually have some education in carpentry, and can appreciate good tools.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cyradis said:

The KD figure I got in prep for a setup with Black Sun's Narok arrived. Geez this is a lot of pieces. Her face is separate from her head!

20180510_162907.jpg

20180510_162959.jpg

20180510_162941.jpg

That one's actually not that bad little pieces-wise, I've got one with separate thumbs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Separate THUMBS?!??  Why? What in the world could possibly be gained by having separate thumbs?

(Not really expecting an answer to that, it's more of an expression of shock and disbelief then anything else.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Backed Zenith KS.

Ordered this in the Pledge Manager.

A selection of Undead and Living Samurai and Conquistadores..

Herreruelos

Muskeeters

Halberdiers

Onmoraki KM037

Clan Hero Sohei whit Jumonji Yari

Undead Army Box

Father Constantine

Rodeler Sergeant SG

Falconet

Swordsmen Standard

Namban hero in horse

Wako Hero - Umi no Akuma

Kuro-ite Hero whit Nodachi

Undead Naginata Samurai Cavalry KUC009

Undead Banner IV

Kuro-ite Samurai naginata in horse KBU012

• Like 4

My dad collected hand tools. And art glass and books in glass-fonted barrister’s bookcases in the beautiful old Beaux Arts house I grew up in a stone’s throw fom Harvard.

When he died his wife sold everything and vanished. :down:

• Sad 14

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Separate THUMBS?!??  Why? What in the world could possibly be gained by having separate thumbs?

(Not really expecting an answer to that, it's more of an expression of shock and disbelief then anything else.)

because everything about KD is cruel and heartless, even the design of the minis.  sometimes I can figure out why they separated the parts, other times I think the sculptor and the sprue designer are just being mean.

12 minutes ago, Pingo said:

My dad collected hand tools. And art glass and books in glass-fonted barrister’s bookcases in the beautiful old Beaux Arts house I grew up in a stone’s throw fom Harvard.

Wow!  not even a offer to sell it to you first.  That's rough.  My grandfather on my father's side got remarried and my father got all huffy about it so they weren't on good terms, but granddad left most of his tools and other things that my father had grown up with at my families house and started a new life.   He only lived until I was 6 so I never really got to see him except for 1 trip to Disneyworld when it opened.  Looking back, the relationship was more an issue with my father rather than my grandfather. (who died at 86 while trying to re-roof his house, he fell off the roof)  I think I would have liked him...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, aku-chan said:

That one's actually not that bad little pieces-wise, I've got one with separate thumbs.

Geebus. At least it seems pieces are very well cast from first looks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

ugh, that is brutal.  I've bought many of my best tools from widows who just wanted the tools to go to people who would use them.  I hope at the very least they found their way into the hands of people who will Make beautiful things with them.  It sucks to see a legacy just get scattered like that though.

• Like 4

Acquired today:

extremely shiney wallet

pretty purple purse

Mister Rogers stamps

two rolling droids

two books!

IMG_1652.thumb.JPG.862f7b2cc16280b99e5e23fbd03f75b5.JPG

IMG_1653.thumb.JPG.b6c1cfe16cfc6dcdc63007e3be14c189.JPG

I hadn't intended in getting the stamps, but I had to wait in line long enough to notice them and then have an internal discussion on the merits of buying them.

• Like 8

Guess who's going to practice his TMM.

y8EJYtl.jpg

RdomqjV.jpg

From a Canadian webstore. To my knowledge, the only authorized dealer in Canada.

I even got a hand written note saying: "Enjoy your new paints. Scale75 metallics are the best I've used. ::):"

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Guess who's going to practice his TMM.

y8EJYtl.jpg

RdomqjV.jpg

From a Canadian webstore. To my knowledge, the only authorized dealer in Canada.

I even got a hand written note saying: "Enjoy your new paints. Scale75 metallics are the best I've used. ::):"

You will listen to some hard metal music while painting with these, right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8