18 hours ago, Beagle said:

Ridiculous

Royal Wedding Banner Buy a Regiment Get a Command Free

Celebrate the union between America and the UK. Parade your armed forces in their full regalia this weekend! Buy an infantry box set and get a command blister pack for FREE!*

From Warlord Games

Can't be any worse then the Royal Wedding tv movie I saw advertised (Lifetime Network, IIRC). 

• Confused 1

On 5/16/2018 at 2:00 AM, Unruly said:

I acquired my first wood chisel today. A Narex 3mm. I went with the 3mm rather than a 6mm because, since my first projects are going to be small boxes, I wanted to be able to make tiny dovetails. It's probably going to be something that bites me in the rear since I can make small boxes with bigger dovetails, but I want to give it a shot.

Next purchases are probably going to be some plate glass and varying grades of wet/dry sandpaper so I can sharpen the chisel the way Paul Sellers shows in one of his videos. And then a set of the standard sizes of chisel(6mm, 12mm, 20mm, and 26mm), also by Narex, which I'll sharpen as well.

If you need abrasive grits below 600 and lower, shoot me a PM.  Trade you for the video locations.  I bought a few end lot boxes of Klingspor which can be used wet or dry.  Turns out 20 pounds of sandpaper is a lot of sandpaper!

I am relearning how to sharpen tools again for my lathe and trying to avoid the grinding jig that all the sites I can find are trying to push

I'm currently using my whetstones and a leather hone.  Waterstones produce a better edge for me but are a pain to set up.

• Like 1

Acquired: Adventure Scents! 

They are POTENT. 

I got:

-Mayan Temple

-Gold Mine

-Moldy Crypt (this one was so perfect...it made me gag when i put my nose up to it)

-Tropical Rainforest

-Volcanic Jungle

-Roman Bathhouse

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Acquired: Adventure Scents! 

They are POTENT. 

I got:

-Mayan Temple

-Gold Mine

-Moldy Crypt (this one was so perfect...it made me gag when i put my nose up to it)

-Tropical Rainforest

-Volcanic Jungle

-Roman Bathhouse

Wait.... what? :wow:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cyradis said:

Wait.... what? :wow:

They're little beads of interesting scents. Just look up Adventure Scents - I can't wait to use them in my games! 

Also, moldy crypt does really somehow smell like must, mold, mildew and dust. and that was only the first whiff. The others I wouldn't know how accurate they are...but they do set the stage. Mayan Temple smells particularly yummy. 

• Like 7

More goodies at doorstep this afternoon when home for lunch.  Also from Wamp but it is a mix. A few things from them that I won in raffle (Fusion base sets plus some extras he tossed in) and Death from Purgatory Miniatures (http://noobsandtheirpaintbrush.blogspot.com/2015/10/death-by-purgatory-single-figure.html)

Then I ordered stuff from the Wamp 13th birthday sale a couple weeks ago.  Got a cutting mat, some orange flowers for basing, the Birthday special edition fusion set, and some Scale75 SoilWorks.

Spoiler

1697559070_2018-05-1714_17_48.thumb.jpg.9c374e409893f383543c2e85162d4124.jpg

• Like 9

I have acquired tickets to tomorrow's Delta Rae concert! And I didn't have to pay the stupid $10.50 fee for $27.50 tickets. I get that you pay for the convenience of doing things online, but Gygax's dice bag, that's insane. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Oh, also got this for Alice...

She loves it!!

IMG_20180515_060828.thumb.jpg.bdf1490897f3c1c81a9ff89a58c95feb.jpg

That's cause she thinks she's a Ninja!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I thought it was to prevent her vacuuming up random street debris, honestly.

Less traumatizing for the public than an actual muzzle?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

I acquired PAX Unplugged passes. Got them early in case they begin selling at PAX speeds.

If I go to any PAX, it will be Unplugged. But that's simply because it's the closest. Philly is still 6 hours away, though.

But $65 for 3 day passes isn't bad at all. If only I didn't have to also get a hotel room. Because that's where the costs shoot up pretty bad. Well, that and all the awesome merch...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I thought it was to prevent her vacuuming up random street debris, honestly.

Less traumatizing for the public than an actual muzzle?

Yup. And less traumatizing for her too. She can still sniff and lick and isn't physically restricted from any normal movement. She just can't eat *every* scrap of "food" she comes across.

Also ninja training. :ph34r:

• Like 9