Scored a copy of the old Prince August DE3 Air Elemental on Ebilbay...

de3.jpg

Used to have it back when I was a teenager. One of my favorite air elementals - it has a lot of character. I hadn't realized until recently that I had close to a dozen Prince August minis when I was younger, which was interesting. The FLGS never carried any Prince August fantasy stuff, so the only places I could have gotten them would have been the short-lived Eric Fuchs hobby shop in one of the local malls or the toy store at a local tourist place that carried one small rack of miniatures.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11

I did not acquire $10k last night in the final poker tournament to win the money for Vegas and the World Series of Poker Main Event but I did get 3rd which gave me $1680 to use in a smaller even up in OK.  Maybe I can turn that into a $30k+ win and feel better.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, hungerfan said:

I did not acquire $10k last night in the final poker tournament to win the money for Vegas and the World Series of Poker Main Event but I did get 3rd which gave me $1680 to use in a smaller even up in OK.  Maybe I can turn that into a $30k+ win and feel better.

I wish I could acquire $30k. Or even acquire the chance to acquire $30k...

• Like 2

Upgraded my Brush Collection

Rosemary & Co.

Series 33 Kolinsky Sable

1 x 2/0

2 x 0

2 x 1

2 x 2

1 x 3

Maybe I'll get them before July 4th...

• Like 9

I visited a not quite local game store this weekend, and picked up:

Reaper 77622 Avatar of Wisdom (Giraffe)

Wizkids WZK73099 Oxen (2)

Wizkids WZK73592 Treasure (3)

Wizkids WZK73089  Swarm of Rats (2)

• Like 5

I was away at a convention in Maine over the weekend, and one of my eBay packages of vintage miniatures was delivered.  This is going to take some work. :unsure:

IMG_2101.thumb.JPG.36cc358727bd293c8d8fed957bda6fdf.JPG

One of the things I bought it for was the ancient Minifig goblin wolf riders.  Back in the day, the catalog picture showed two goblins on one wolf.  I managed to find a cache of 18 wolves a year or so ago, and had 6 others, but only three riders for the 24 wolves.  However, I was a little startled to unpack this box and find that, after setting aside a few axe goblins with broken weapons, I had an even 100 riders. :wacko: I guess most of the wolves are getting two, and a bunch of Prince August home cast wolves are going to have Minifig riders, if they can be made to fit.

IMG_2098.thumb.JPG.819d955131443ae9238ac8bca66ef66f.JPG

The pocket of scruffy Minifigs Swords and Sorcery "skeleton men" (skull-headed, at least) proved to have 122 figures in it.

IMG_2102.thumb.JPG.464318d5a539024c61c606708dff1832.JPG

There were also a few mounted Nazgul minus their horses, some of the old goblins I've been painting, and more.

While I was assimilating that, the mail showed up with TWO Kickstarter packages, the new Oathsworn Burrows and Badgers set, and  a delayed set of Viking stuff from Acheson Creations, with half a dozen buildings, some other resin terrain pieces, and 66 miniatures.  I'm thinking that I'd better not order anything new for a good while...

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

i have a dinosaur miniature now (Funko Pops Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus Rex)

funko.jpg

Not usually a fan of the Funko Pops, but this one...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Not usually a fan of the Funko Pops, but this one...

normally i'm not either but i love Tyrannosaurus Rex and i love Jurassic park, and he looks so gosh darn adorable i couldn't pass him up

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

I was away at a convention in Maine over the weekend, and one of my eBay packages of vintage miniatures was delivered.  This is going to take some work. :unsure:

IMG_2101.thumb.JPG.36cc358727bd293c8d8fed957bda6fdf.JPG

One of the things I bought it for was the ancient Minifig goblin wolf riders.  Back in the day, the catalog picture showed two goblins on one wolf.  I managed to find a cache of 18 wolves a year or so ago, and had 6 others, but only three riders for the 24 wolves.  However, I was a little startled to unpack this box and find that, after setting aside a few axe goblins with broken weapons, I had an even 100 riders. :wacko: I guess most of the wolves are getting two, and a bunch of Prince August home cast wolves are going to have Minifig riders, if they can be made to fit.

IMG_2098.thumb.JPG.819d955131443ae9238ac8bca66ef66f.JPG

The pocket of scruffy Minifigs Swords and Sorcery "skeleton men" (skull-headed, at least) proved to have 122 figures in it.

IMG_2102.thumb.JPG.464318d5a539024c61c606708dff1832.JPG

There were also a few mounted Nazgul minus their horses, some of the old goblins I've been painting, and more.

While I was assimilating that, the mail showed up with TWO Kickstarter packages, the new Oathsworn Burrows and Badgers set, and  a delayed set of Viking stuff from Acheson Creations, with half a dozen buildings, some other resin terrain pieces, and 66 miniatures.  I'm thinking that I'd better not order anything new for a good while...

So orderimg more "old" stuff is still ok? Excellent!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

So orderimg more "old" stuff is still ok? Excellent!

Well, sometimes you don't have a choice about old stuff; now or never...:blink:

But I'm going to avoid looking at that auction site for a while. Until it's time to start selling the leftovers, at least.

• Like 4

On 5/21/2018 at 2:30 PM, Grayfax said:

Upgraded my Brush Collection

Rosemary & Co.

Series 33 Kolinsky Sable

1 x 2/0

2 x 0

2 x 1

2 x 2

1 x 3

Maybe I'll get them before July 4th...

I bought some from them about a year ago and if I remember right the shipping was pretty quick.

• Like 1

@SisterMaryNapalm sent me a dozen industrial washing machines! 

But no, SisterMartNapalm remembered that I really liked this figure, found one in Germany and sent it halfway around the globe to me! I love it. Thank you!! Now to practice painting black some more ::D:

20180525_210047.jpg

20180525_205848.jpg

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 14

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

@SisterMaryNapalm sent me a dozen industrial washing machines! 

But no, SisterMartNapalm remembered that I really liked this figure, found one in Germany and sent it halfway around the globe to me! I love it. Thank you!! Now to practice painting black some more ::D:

20180525_210047.jpg

20180525_205848.jpg

I really appreciate the the term 'Sister Mart'. 

You are welcome. Happy painting!

*sigh* I am just too nice for this world.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I really appreciate the the term 'Sister Mart'. 

You are welcome. Happy painting!

*sigh* I am just too nice for this world.

Shop smart, shop Sister-Mart!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7