While I've generally liked the look of Privateer Press minis when I've seen them painted I've never been able to talk myself into buying them.  I don't play the game and the minis aren't priced as cost efficient stand-ins for generic RPG minis.  Recently though I came across a sale which made them feel almost reasonably priced and picked up an early B-day present for myself.  Mostly I picked up Hordes given I can use them as fantasy minis, but I also picked up a few Warmachine just to see how they looked.

Spoiler

Wraith Witch Deneghra, Epic Warcaster

34098_wraithwitchdeneghra_1.jpg.7c57a9063aa9e94c95854d5d8b4bfbea.jpg

Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis

36001_AuroraNumenofAerogenesis_WEB.jpg.ee83060013f7a66ee6760d1e4a3e8cf7.jpg

Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire

41091_EpicAlexiaWEB.jpg.c333aa8a0f361b64d1c45d8730389388.jpg

Glacier King Gargantuan

71094_GlacierKing_WEB.jpg.9779c4eaa236b21d8c639ffaab17843e.jpg

Extreme Dire Troll Mauler

71098_ExtremeDireTrollMauler_WEB.jpg.64679c0074fd56646d591186469c0ef1.jpg

Woldwatcher

72005_Woldwatcher_WEB.jpg.7280249bc0955002380c756045a96595.jpg

Woldwarden

72007_Woldwarden_WEB.jpg.f678075538ac081975d4609288ec676c.jpg

Tharn Wolf Riders (3) - pic is of replacement unit box which has a couple more riders

72086_TharnWolfRiders_WEB.jpg.c339dcc7cda062eef296eeda67c48f01.jpg

Wold Guardian

72045_WoldGuardian_WEB.jpg.93b83c5e57d702bd48b659bf6b364dce.jpg

Celestial Fulcrum Battle Engine - Seems like a nice terrain piece.  I'll have to take a closer look and see if I can magnetize the three druids to be removable

72064_CestialFulcrum_WEB.jpg.9a59f1bfc0217d2ac0bd69acede75a56.jpg

Morvahna the Dawnshadow

72069_MorvahnaTheDawnshadowWEB.jpg.e3946128403707bd1ea60da430fbb748.jpg

Thagrosh the Messiah

73033_ThagroshTheMessiah_WEB.jpg.b69507b2f42ba5f1bb8fd8fba88a61cb.jpg

• Like 13

Hmmm,  where did you pick them up?  Been looking for an Glacier king for a while.  I usually refuse to pay more than about 30% of list for these, because that's about what I figure they are worth so if I go after a specific figure I usually have to buy large lots and part out the rest to get my money back. 

For me its the old 'love the mini, hate the prices' of GW all over again so most of my army is older, but still fun to paint.  I mean how can you get anything but fun painting a sky blue troll?  and the everblight army has one additional great feature:  no eyes!  they are all either blinded requiring dead white sockets, or they have no eyes to start with.  Really nice to do after you finish a set of KD:M with super small eyes.

for Acquisitions today I received my replacement teas for the ones I burn through the most. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Good choices, both of them. The dreadnoughts and bits can definitely be repurposed, that's how I'm trying to turn a Rhino into a Predator.

I really like your posts, not only are they thought provoking and informative, but there's a certain melody in the way they're written, such that I feel like curling up with something warm and giving it a big hug in front of a roaring fire.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

I really like your posts, not only are they thought provoking and informative, but there's a certain melody in the way they're written, such that I feel like curling up with something warm and giving it a big hug in front of a roaring fire.  

You indubitably have the most excellent of tastes, good sir. God Save the Queen. ^_^

• Like 4

So after work I picked this up on the way home from the post office, been wanting to try some air dry clay on my go-to test bed sand Sifter (claws mostly) ...

AirDryTest.thumb.jpg.0159c5fd1a6a6e2263034f8f3240e698.jpg

And no I don't work at the post office , but I did stop to pick up ...

This ...

NotSoMysteryBox.thumb.jpg.c315d0c020dda50184f568754d14ca3a.jpg

For scale ...

PostageScale.thumb.jpg.501f9d0a95ed25ed4cde453e9939a37a.jpg

... but Boaz , that just a box , what's inside ... so glad I asked ...

KulanthiBooster.thumb.jpg.f2aed9aeaaef18b0a4ea2805ef4a69fe.jpg

A big boost to my Kulathi and ...

MoucePack.thumb.jpg.5ce0fc54c694d8b16e17f41170642862.jpg

Two 5 mouse squads of space mouselings ... joy ...

Go ahead, click the bar ... if you dare ...

• Like 13

That's a lot of gorgeous Circle minis.... 

One of these days, I'll get into Warmachine because I like the minis, and maybe the lore too...  And why not, it seems like a fun game either way. 

... Cheaper too, compared to 40k.

Myself, only thing I've acquired recently is group shots of some of my armies - although hopefully soon I'll wind up buying "a few" Catachans with meltaguns, because apparently I'm short "a few" 

• Like 2

That Celestial Fulcrum is really cool! I may have to try and hunt it down.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Hmmm,  where did you pick them up?  Been looking for an Glacier king for a while.  I usually refuse to pay more than about 30% of list for these, because that's about what I figure they are worth so if I go after a specific figure I usually have to buy large lots and part out the rest to get my money back.

6 hours ago, Talae said:

That Celestial Fulcrum is really cool! I may have to try and hunt it down.

Alas, these were mostly about 50% off MSRP rather than 70% off so they may still be a bit expensive for you. There were also only two Glacier Kings and I believe they are both gone now, but there were still some Celestial Fulcrums in stock after I placed my order.   Anyway, head to Game Kastle (the old FRP link still directs there) and take a look in their clearance bin.  There are a couple hundred PP units in there, but I don't know if they are just getting rid of overstock or if they are getting out of the Warmahordes business.

• Like 2

Yesterday the evil river deposited Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes to my door. Haven't had a chance to flip through it yet.

• Like 10

For some reason, this Amazon vendor had the Dark Crystal boardgame priced at $17 instead of the regular $53 retail price.

So now I have Skeksis to paint.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Yesterday the evil river deposited Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes to my door. Haven't had a chance to flip through it yet.

It's a nice addition thou there is allot of reprinted monster pages from the previous hardbacks, especially Out of the Abyss.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, haldir said:

It's a nice addition thou there is allot of reprinted monster pages from the previous hardbacks, especially Out of the Abyss.

Well, since I didn't get any of the campaign/adventure books, I'm okay with that. ::D:

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, haldir said:

Not sure how I feel about that. 

It's nice that Crowley's okay with reprinted material; lacking the other books, Crowley might not even have known until someone mentioned it.

...but at fifty bucks a hardback, it irks me to think they're already recycling stuff.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

It's nice that Crowley's okay with reprinted material; lacking the other books, Crowley might not even have known until someone mentioned it.

...but at fifty bucks a hardback, it irks me to think they're already recycling stuff.

I didn't know until I saw it mentioned here, either. I don't have any of the adventure books except Yawning Portal, and have no intention of getting them - so it works for me.

That said, Mordenkanen's has been a very disappointing 5e purchase for me. There is very little I'll use in there. It will join Yawning Portal on the shelf, where it will probably remain, not even to be pulled down for nostalgia reasons. 

• Like 1

I did not preorder it.. hoping for a copy for fathers day,  but am not holding my breath (even though the lad who had the unsubtle hint dropped on gets it free with credit from DMing at the FLGS)..

Always liked the Gith races however, so will eventually at least look into it..