9 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Dark Sword just released a bunch of new figures.

Are the tortoises a new concept for Darksword. These look quite different from any I recall seeing before.

They're buff.

There have been one or two previous tortoises and a turtle, but they haven't had as many as some of the other critters until now. Tortoises are buff (had pet tortoise - he was a tank). 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DocPiske said:

I did a bad thing... I purchased Total War: WARHAMMER from Steam for $15; the first one, not the second. All the Games Workshop themed games are on sale. I almost purchased Mordheim and Skavenblight as well, but I resisted.

Mordheim is worth getting. It does however have a tendency to eat huge amounts of time, at midlevel each battle can take up to an hour, and the story missions twice that. It is brutal and unforgiving in the injury rolls, and has a steep learning curve.

That said, it is very very addicting.

The dlc is worth buying as well. Witch Hunters are a good starting warband, fairly tough, ok shooting, and decent leadership so they won't usually run away. the Smuggler hero is an excellent addition to them or a Sisters of Sigmar warband, providing good range support. On the evil side, Undead are a fun warband once you've gotten used to the game, but they rely on synergy and can be difficult starting out. The poison wind globadier gives evil warbands a nice way to whittle down enemy tanks, and the chaos shaman is a twisty dodge machine that can run ahead of your warband and tie up the enemy for the first combat turn while you prepare the rest of your warband to swarm them. 

• Like 3

Received my Rosemary & Co. Brushes!

IMG_5796.thumb.jpg.87fbfd6fa8159e42597ef5c4b47f0650.jpg

Definitely a good use of my birthday money... 

• Like 15

Freaking Poots got me this month

1x Valkyrie - Encore Edition
1x White Speaker Boss - First Run Collectors Edition
1x 54mm Pinup Dragon Sacrifice - 
1x Savior - Male - 40 Year - First Run Collectors Edition
1x Ringtail Survivor - Variant

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Dang!  Mine didn't come in a fancy case like that :down:

Did you buy the miniature paint brush set or did you just pick out some brushes?  

I guess I only bought 4 brushes so maybe I didn't buy enough to get the cool case.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Dang!  Mine didn't come in a fancy case like that :down:

Did you buy the miniature paint brush set or did you just pick out some brushes?  

I guess I only bought 4 brushes so maybe I didn't buy enough to get the cool case.

No... no... you have to buy the wood case.  I wanted something better than what I was using for travel type purposes and a way to protect these better from the cats, so I got the $10 wooden case.  The cool thing is they wrapped all my individually ordered brushes into one shrink wrapped package and put it in the box to ship it.  Very cool!  I'll probably always get one when i order from now on.  Especially when ordering more than $50 worth of brushes (I think I was close to $80).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

I'm also curious as to how you got the case, because I sure wouldn't mind getting one (I mean two) when I put an order in with them ^_^

• Like 1

It is called the "Wooden Gift Box" and is $11.91.  I figured it would be useful so i ordered it, but having everything shipped in it was even better!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love the wood case. I need something like that (using a slim plastic pencil case right now). The one thing I'd like to see is a spot to plug brushes into on 1 side so they don't jostle up & down while in transit. Still thou, 12 bucks is a perfect price.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

It is called the "Wooden Gift Box" and is $11.91.  I figured it would be useful so i ordered it, but having everything shipped in it was even better!

Many thanks!  I'll definitely keep it in mind for when I order, since it would be nice to surprise hubby with such, even if hubby is happy with his current brushes ^_^

• Like 1

I am happy with the Rosemary & Co brushes I have but I have been shopping around for some new ones.  I have 3 series 33 and 1 series 22 but I have been looking at several other series and models that they offer and I really want to get some.

Maybe once the Kickstarters all slow down or if LoS ends up cancelled I will go ahead and pick some up.  Although shipping seems like it is a few bucks cheaper than I remember so maybe I should go for it before it goes up.

R&Co have a series of Synthetic Filberts which are pretty good. It may be a ood idea to snag a couple of those on the next order. 

(great for larger areas and all that stuff)

As for brush cases; Oathsworn have a pretty good plastic case which they give you free of charge if you go 'all in' on their KickStarters...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

R&Co have a series of Synthetic Filberts which are pretty good. It may be a ood idea to snag a couple of those on the next order. 

(great for larger areas and all that stuff)

As for brush cases; Oathsworn have a pretty good plastic case which they give you free of charge if you go 'all in' on their KickStarters...

I love the synthetic filberts/flats/angles. They hold up much better than cheap synthetics. I can abuse them some and not have a totally ruined brush in the end.

• Like 5