4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

R&Co have a series of Synthetic Filberts which are pretty good. It may be a ood idea to snag a couple of those on the next order. 

(great for larger areas and all that stuff)

As for brush cases; Oathsworn have a pretty good plastic case which they give you free of charge if you go 'all in' on their KickStarters...

Any particular recommendations on synthetics from them?  They have a few different types (Eclipse, Golden, Ivory, Shiraz, Synthetic Badger, etc) ^_^

• Like 1

I've only tried the Eclipse series(#2 Filbert) but is very happy about how it behaves.  I intend to order a couple more of that one, and possibly a few larger ones, too, the next time I order from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picked up a couple of cheap Mithril LotR minis off of WeevilBay last night:

M126 Boromir

image.png.ea9f7cc8da45ef1e7d10c931768891ee.png

M136 Galadriel

image.png.e36814783c228a10e2e02a9de8558e31.png

M230 Master Elrond

image.png.b79e9f6ddf10e09cfd2b8dcc713f5cc0.png

• Like 8

Picked up two packages at the post office today.

The first contained two minis from Cadwallon. 

The second contained the Gemini clamshell PDA from Planet Computers. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Any particular recommendations on synthetics from them?  They have a few different types (Eclipse, Golden, Ivory, Shiraz, Synthetic Badger, etc) ^_^

Eclipse are the only ones I've tried but I'm very happy with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Eclipse are the only ones I've tried but I'm very happy with them.

I like the eclipse flat brushes (chisel, filbert, fan, etc)  but I found the rounds to be too blunt to be really useful to me.  They seem to have more of an oval tip.  Of course individual experience may vary

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I like the eclipse flat brushes (chisel, filbert, fan, etc)  but I found the rounds to be too blunt to be really useful to me.  They seem to have more of an oval tip.  Of course individual experience may vary

Haven't tried the eclipse rounds. I basically use super cheap synthetics or sables for rounds.

• Like 2

one of my fellow players printed this for me!

IMG_20180606_195010.thumb.jpg.286863b2e710588d9d6163c1aea7a602.jpg

Looking forward to painting it up. Might sacrifice a bones burning sphere or wall of fire for it...

or maybe the medium fire elemental head...

Whatever fits better.

• Like 10

These all arrived today:

Wasteland Express

Flick em Up

Flashpoint: Fire Rescue 

Codenames: Marvel

• Like 2

Bought Bloodbowl 2 Legendary Edition for the PC as a birthday present to self. Enjoying the heck out of it since the weekend. Unaquired any spare time not playing it solo for now. Had a fun run with a goblin team until the game glitched and I had to erase all my user data to get it to work again. Restarted as high elves and they're kicking butt so far.

• Like 2

I keep buying more HS-3 rubber (from Alumilite) and Hot Wheels cars.  Making molds for terrain and modding cars for Gaslands, even though I don't think I have played a game of anything in at least 2 months.

But tomorrow, I have to be an adult, and buy a new lawn mower, because our current one has given up the ghost after only 4 or 5 years.  (And no, I am not going to fix it.  I have dumped enough into this season already fixing broken parts that I should have just bought a new one.  It would have been cheaper.)  I might get one of the old fashioned reel mowers - a lot fewer parts to break and need replacing is looking awfully good, even though it would mean mowing twice as often.

• Like 5

My June Reaper order has arrived:

Warlord Savage North - hardback is awesome and I like the color section.  Unfortunately someone failed at selecting a background pattern for the unit descriptions.

14212 Kristianna - Unlike the Bones version she does not have a floppy sword

07006 Lanaerel Grayleaf - Free mini

Green paint sample.  I looks like it fits in with the cool greens triad, probably a slightly off Grass Green.

• Like 7

Got in all my new paints!

20180608_192721.thumb.jpg.3654bf796bb82511239b553ad363f807.jpg20180608_192417.thumb.jpg.caee2680b60b26ccae1ca688761918b8.jpg

I have been hunting on eBay for a long time to try to find a good deal on some Scale 75 paints.  Finally found it with these 3 sets. $24.50/each and free shipping. 

I'm really excited to try out the Warcolours!  I have heard good things.  I also think it has some sort of gel medium.  Its supposed to extend drying times which I need here in arid Northern Colorado. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

I keep buying more HS-3 rubber (from Alumilite) and Hot Wheels cars.  Making molds for terrain and modding cars for Gaslands, even though I don't think I have played a game of anything in at least 2 months.

But tomorrow, I have to be an adult, and buy a new lawn mower, because our current one has given up the ghost after only 4 or 5 years.  (And no, I am not going to fix it.  I have dumped enough into this season already fixing broken parts that I should have just bought a new one.  It would have been cheaper.)  I might get one of the old fashioned reel mowers - a lot fewer parts to break and need replacing is looking awfully good, even though it would mean mowing twice as often.

Find an old Honda mower.  We've had ours for 30 years and the only thing we've ever had to do is change the oil every 3 years or so.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Got in all my new paints!

I have been hunting on eBay for a long time to try to find a good deal on some Scale 75 paints.  Finally found it with these 3 sets. $24.50/each and free shipping. 

I'm really excited to try out the Warcolours!  I have heard good things.  I also think it has some sort of gel medium.  Its supposed to extend drying times which I need here in arid Northern Colorado. 

Scale 75 - Pierce the tips!!!

Awesome paints!

• Like 4