Jump to content


Recommended Posts

I got a package of 8 16th century figure molds from Berliner Zinnfiguren this week.  On the plus side, they look like nice molds, but on the minus side, they were advertised as 40mm figures, and they are solidly 54s and will therefore not mix with my existing 16th century stuff. :wacko:

 

36E51987-D291-4842-80E0-67FBF864E0C1.thumb.jpeg.e60ae8b8a9ddc182e7d172b1ec6d546d.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite miniature related, but will still help with the flow in my pictures when painting... 

 

Acquired: Huawei P20 Pro.  It also came with an Alcatel A30 tablet, so a cheap budget 8" tablet but it was still a nice freebie.  Also came was a complimentary light headache courtesy of transferring over all the authenticators and whatnot from the S7 Edge, but that's life with any new device. ^_^

 

Don't get me wrong, I love taking pics of my minis with my Panasonic G85, but the process is so much faster when using a mobile phone since it auto-syncs with my Google Photos ^_^;;;

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acquired some horses for my Sleeping Beauty diorama..

Warlord Games Prussian High Command

Warlord Games Waterloo British Mounted Infantry Officers

Essex Horseholders & Horses (supposed to be 28mm, but look to be more in the 20mm range)

61310629_2018-06-0913_25_55.thumb.jpg.54585eee9bc4319272f86b2964b2b174.jpg

 

Both Warlord Game sets have horses in non-action poses, which fits my vision for the diorama - the officers are disposable and will go in the box-o-junk :D

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recieved these in the mail today, upon first inspection they seem to work. It also came with a "starter kit" which has a tabletop tripod and cleaning supplies. Not bad for $11.

0609181328.thumb.jpg.8a15386d440c67b7d1b04df0d83141cf.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

   Acquired one of the gems of the mini collection at the Citadel this weekend... Ral Partha AD&D  Planescape 11-654 Barbazu...   :bday:

 

(Of all the things to have retained the entire set of for this damn long, y'know?)

 

 

image.png.b090e3a0e27df4f51de544d62918901b.png

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went out for a kabab and ended up with an omniblade.

 

I think I may have accidentally screwed up someone's fetch quest.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I went out for a kabab and ended up with an omniblade.

 

I think I may have accidentally screwed up someone's fetch quest.

 

 Well, if 4-6 people in armor and robes show up at your door after consulting a sage, you can always trade it to them for a large chest full of minis...

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

 

 Well, if 4-6 people in armor and robes show up at your door after consulting a sage, you can always trade it to them for a large chest full of minis...

 

 

"oh yeah guy, I'm just like the middle part of this quest."

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pew pew pew!

https://www.ima-usa.com/collections/martini-henry-rifles/products/original-nepalese-gahendra-martini-rifle-untouched-condition

 

I'm ultra excited.  I also got a bayonet to go with it.  It's a weird experience to buy a gun and just get it shipped to my house when I'm used to all the BS with an FFL but this is the first legit antique rifle I've ever bought.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Recieved these in the mail today, upon first inspection they seem to work. It also came with a "starter kit" which has a tabletop tripod and cleaning supplies. Not bad for $11.

0609181328.thumb.jpg.8a15386d440c67b7d1b04df0d83141cf.jpg

 

Ooooh, I've always wanted some of those, but wound up opting for the macro extension tubes, which are a lot less convenient and simple to use.  My other issue would be whether to get 46mm or 58mm...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

 

Ooooh, I've always wanted some of those, but wound up opting for the macro extension tubes, which are a lot less convenient and simple to use.  My other issue would be whether to get 46mm or 58mm...

I need a set of these for my glasses....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

 

Ooooh, I've always wanted some of those, but wound up opting for the macro extension tubes, which are a lot less convenient and simple to use.  My other issue would be whether to get 46mm or 58mm...

 

I've used a set for a long time, though I only have the +1, +2 and +4.  I don't see any particular reason, though, why you wouldn't be able to use a 58 to 46 filter converter ring to use the large set on either size lens. I still have a whole collection of rings, although I am now down to a smaller set of lens sizes, and was gradually standardizing on the largest filter.  The closeup lenses, as I recall, though, were a bit pricey in 67mm, which I think was the biggest I had, so I did that work with the 49mm lenses, that being the size I first purchased. (For a 4x5 camera...)

 

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I need a set of these for my glasses....

 

IMG_2109.thumb.jpg.8d64a011b5f206006ec428efd21b7f2d.jpg

 

Something like that?  I got mine from Micromark ("Clip on Magnifier Set", catalog number 86416), and they came in a set of 2, with a +2 and a +4 diopter.  They are attached here to my reading glasses, and form part of my travel paint kit for when an Optivisor is too much to carry.  Practically, I only use the +4s, because for miniatures painting if I need to see, I really need to see.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

 

I've used a set for a long time, though I only have the +1, +2 and +4.  I don't see any particular reason, though, why you wouldn't be able to use a 58 to 46 filter converter ring to use the large set on either size lens. I still have a whole collection of rings, although I am now down to a smaller set of lens sizes, and was gradually standardizing on the largest filter.  The closeup lenses, as I recall, though, were a bit pricey in 67mm, which I think was the biggest I had, so I did that work with the 49mm lenses, that being the size I first purchased. (For a 4x5 camera...)

 

 

IMG_2109.thumb.jpg.8d64a011b5f206006ec428efd21b7f2d.jpg

 

Something like that?  I got mine from Micromark ("Clip on Magnifier Set", catalog number 86416), and they came in a set of 2, with a +2 and a +4 diopter.  They are attached here to my reading glasses, and form part of my travel paint kit for when an Optivisor is too much to carry.  Practically, I only use the +4s, because for miniatures painting if I need to see, I really need to see.

It's actually the 10x or a 5x that I would really like. Loops are okay but the focal length is so short there is no room to paint.  

 

I'm not used to glasses and only needed them for mini painting in the last 5 years.  The problem with the clip on mags and the visors is that they feel really heavy and cause headaches if I use them for more than an hour.  What I really want is my 20 year old eyes back. But shoe of cloning technology, I'm not getting that.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

 

I've used a set for a long time, though I only have the +1, +2 and +4.  I don't see any particular reason, though, why you wouldn't be able to use a 58 to 46 filter converter ring to use the large set on either size lens. I still have a whole collection of rings, although I am now down to a smaller set of lens sizes, and was gradually standardizing on the largest filter.  The closeup lenses, as I recall, though, were a bit pricey in 67mm, which I think was the biggest I had, so I did that work with the 49mm lenses, that being the size I first purchased. (For a 4x5 camera...)

 

Knowing me I'll probably pick up a set at some point anyways, because they're really REALLY convenient.  I think DSLR Video Shooter did a video on different macro solutions that are under $20 (oh, it was two months ago, apparently), but he showcases each of the three main budget options, with decent pros/cons on each.  I playfully say I was allergic to filters back then, so I got the extension tubes, but they really are a bit of a pain to set up and get exactly how you want them - the close up filters are thirty seconds at most and you're ready to roll.

 

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

It's actually the 10x or a 5x that I would really like. Loops are okay but the focal length is so short there is no room to paint.  

 

I'm not used to glasses and only needed them for mini painting in the last 5 years.  The problem with the clip on mags and the visors is that they feel really heavy and cause headaches if I use them for more than an hour.  What I really want is my 20 year old eyes back. But shoe of cloning technology, I'm not getting that.

I wouldn't mind 20 year old me eyes either, because then I could have prescription Oakley sunglasses! ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×