Jump to content


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Today I almost bought more Dinosaurs.

But I was sensible and responsible and didn't

 

  Hide contents

Schleich Dimetrodon to be repainted for my Lost World.

 

WUT?

This is no Dinosaur! This is a Synapsid and was already extinct when the Dinosaurs arrived.

DSCN9427.JPG.2c13eb69237a22d99711e94fcc827e44.JPGDSCN9428.JPG.8bb280251af0d0fb0bc431e0c6d97a7c.JPG

 

 

 

If I've learned anything from InGen, its that you always need MOAR DINOSAURS!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just over a week late in posting this, but I've been a wee bit busy.

 

Anyway, just got this roughly 1610 mm scale ranch last week:

 

Front.thumb.jpg.5e25c91ec829c7b5ad502c60c164b3c4.jpg

 

Sir Forescale is included for scale (seriously, he's in there). The base is a mix of a realistic static grass, concrete, rocks and other very natural looking flocking.

 

"Uhhh, a little help please!"

 

IMG_20180613_080945.thumb.jpg.a6d993327361993ab40bbef5f82fc0f4.jpg

 

Fortunately it came assembled and painted because a) That would have been one heck of a lot of super glue and b) I'd need a slightly bigger brush than my standard #2. ;)

 

Best of all though, it came with a completely upgradeable hobby room! (though sadly lacking most of the upgrades).

 

Hobby Room:

 

Spoiler

 

918990830_Hobby1.thumb.jpg.6c24bcfc0493ea1f8081c2b238f430c6.jpg

 

349400683_Hobby2.thumb.jpg.e059b541401b2e6436550e6c93154639.jpg

 

2128913848_Hobby3.thumb.jpg.203e6dafca2338c3d1d761fa4de525a6.jpg

 

298337596_Hobby4.thumb.jpg.62be7d7ce74ba66a363f70ba274ed918.jpg

 

10651647_Hobby5.thumb.jpg.36465b3671c032a0e72c403398da1884.jpg

 

439302070_Hobby6.thumb.jpg.156a80e8ec55a8d6ede2a3f42d8ad223.jpg

 

 

 

First of the upgrades should arrive tomorrow, a second lighted magnifying lamp. As you can see though, plenty more are warranted, including a decent chair for hobby time. That though is a much larger project for a later time I'm afraid. :(

Edited by Gargs
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats!  And i call shenanigans on those pictures - they're obviously photoshopped!! No one acquires a house and has such an extreme lack of packing boxes only a week later!!!

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

@Gargs Congrats on acquiring a hobby room with a house around it!

 

Awesome!

 

3 minutes ago, eldamir said:

Congrats!  And i call shenanigans on those pictures - they're obviously photoshopped!! No one acquires a house and has such an extreme lack of packing boxes only a week later!!!

 

 

 

Thanks! Its been a pain not being able to enjoy any hobby time the last couple of months, but is paying off now.

 

As for the boxes, they were actually all in the garage (right side of the photo) but we did manage to get them all in and (mostly) unpacked in just about a week. It helped that Mrs. Gargs and I both had the week off!  :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, eldamir said:

Congrats!  And i call shenanigans on those pictures - they're obviously photoshopped!! No one acquires a house and has such an extreme lack of packing boxes only a week later!!!

 

 

Even though it's been answer, they must be cleverly hidden out of frame! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kristof65 said:

Dedicated hobby rooms/areas are so nice to have.   It's taking me a year to get mine put together. 

 

I have an office/hobby room/man cave.  It's always been my singular requirement for all of the houses my wife an I have lived in over the years.  I get my room, she gets the rest of the house.

 

I'm getting to a point where I've accumulated too much stuff, and either need to start purging, or negotiate for additional floor space.  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Dedicated hobby rooms/areas are so nice to have.   It's taking me a year to get mine put together. 

 

Indeed, I was using the dining room table before, which meant whenever we had company over for dinner, I had to pack everything away as it was the only table we had (ate at the island when it was just the two of us). It's going to take me well over a year to get everything I want in it I'm sure -- of course, that's partly because I will no doubt be buying other stuff like minis, paints, brushes, etc., but I digress.

 

35 minutes ago, Clearman said:

 

I have an office/hobby room/man cave.  It's always been my singular requirement for all of the houses my wife an I have lived in over the years.  I get my room, she gets the rest of the house.

 

I'm getting to a point where I've accumulated too much stuff, and either need to start purging, or negotiate for additional floor space.  

 

The solution is simple. Move to a new home, one that has a giant space for said office/hobby room/man cave. Like say, a full basement of a ranch. Its still just one room right?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gargs said:

The solution is simple. Move to a new home, one that has a giant space for said office/hobby room/man cave. Like say, a full basement of a ranch. Its still just one room right?

 

That's the direction it will probably go, but we're about 2 years out yet.  I would love a basement, but basements in Texas are a rarity.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Clearman said:

 

That's the direction it will probably go, but we're about 2 years out yet.  I would love a basement, but basements in Texas are a rarity.

basements are great.  Basements with failed sump pumps - not so much. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acquired the Humble RPG Bundle, because who doesn't need a bunch of Frog God Games 5e stuff? Especially considering that $15 gets you a whole host of stuff, including The Blight and the Lost Lands and Blight map folios. So, you know, I'm gonna have everything I'll need to kill all my players over, and over, and over again for a long, long time.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Acquired the Humble RPG Bundle, because who doesn't need a bunch of Frog God Games 5e stuff? Especially considering that $15 gets you a whole host of stuff, including The Blight and the Lost Lands and Blight map folios. So, you know, I'm gonna have everything I'll need to kill all my players over, and over, and over again for a long, long time.

I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Talae said:

I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. 

 

You keep using that phrase, but I do not think it means what you think it does...

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×