8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If I can do it, you can do it!

Look Vallejo, Scale 75, Reaper...aren't they nice?

Look at the colours, you KNOW you need more purples!

How about those reds huh?

I'm trying!!! :upside:

My spreadsheet says I have 590 bottles of paint currently (not counting that box of HD on its way).

I do still have most of the new Bones line to get...

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Beagle said:

It's one of the best I've seen. Why did you keep it in the box?

I had bought it, the four hobbits, and Gimli probably right around the time they were first released, because they looked really cool. I got home, opened them up to look at them, and then put them back in the boxes until I got around to painting them... which never happened, except for the Gimli figure. I lost his box shortly afterward, and eventually sold off the hobbits to pay some bills while I was unemployed.

I've been haphazardly collecting random Mithril LotR figures from the various lines as I happen to stumble upon them inexpensively.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5

We went to Michael's today for som fine tipped art pen and I got a Pumpkin house. It is the first installment my Halloween village:

IMG_1811.thumb.JPG.f7569db160eb0da6f65606bf2609f9ee.JPG

Whats that in front? The Halloween knight? Who is just the right size for the house?! Whaaaaaaa!!!!!

Oh, and I'm painting it, because it's paint job was just atrocious!

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 12
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

We went to Michael's today for som fine tipped art pen and I got a Pumpkin house. It is the first installment my Halloween village:

Hide contents

IMG_1811.thumb.JPG.f7569db160eb0da6f65606bf2609f9ee.JPG

Whats that in front? The Halloween knight? Who is just the right size for the house?! Whaaaaaaa!!!!!

Oh, and I'm painting it, because it's paint job was just atrocious!

Please make a thread for when you repaint it! 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Please make a thread for when you repaint it! 

I can do a show off thread. I was gonna do one anyway when I (eventually) finish my pumpkin guys. 

Also, yesterday our new memory foam mattress arrived. I bought it on Friday morning, the shipping estimate said Tuesday, so they were extra fast! So far, it's comfy for me. 

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If I can do it, you can do it!

Look Vallejo, Scale 75, Reaper...aren't they nice?

Look at the colours, you KNOW you need more purples!

How about those reds huh?

I agree on the reds, oranges, and purples - you really can't have enough of them! 

....which reminds me, I really should sort the new paints into my paint rack.  The paint rack that eventually will be replaced, but only because I found a new one that's a lot closer to what I'm looking for.  Sadly said new one is one of those "takes a week to fully assemble the darn thing, make sure you have a ton of clamps" variety, but it will take my paint stash from the ability to store 135 dropper bottles to 288 (423 if you count the current rack in such, although at the moment I've no idea where it will go), 30 Citadel pots, and 30 Formula P3 pots, plus storage for various things. 

... Scale75 I may have to wait until next year to pick up, but oh well, that's life I suppose.  Vallejo I thankfully have like six different places (or more) where I can pick it up locally when I feel like giving it a try ^_^;;;

• Like 5

I've been away from the forums most of the summer on account of my new position at work and the demands of my other hobby (vintage cars), but I'm slowly easing back into the painting groove.  Picked up a few more figs this past week to fill in holes in my Dark Heaven collection.  I now have a complete run from #2000 to #3450. 

The Egg

• Like 8

On 8/17/2018 at 8:41 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I'm not sure it would be possible for me to have as many paints as miniatures...

Thats okay I've got you covered..

On 8/18/2018 at 12:20 PM, Gadgetman! said:

Dn't forget Andrea, Army Painter, Golden, Mr. Hobby, Tamiya, Coat'D Arms, Citadel...   

Yeah, I have paints from them all...   

Oh, my latest aquisition is the 'nano' size True Fire templates from Mike Lavallee. They're supposedly good for models down to 1:24 scale. 

And a 60ml bottle of Vallejo Candy Red. 

(I will need a couple of other colours also in order to do true fire, though. )

I've wandered into the realm of Inks now and got Daler Rowney Light Green, White, Payne's Grey and Black..

• Like 4

On 8/18/2018 at 10:03 PM, redambrosia said:

We went to Michael's today for som fine tipped art pen and I got a Pumpkin house. It is the first installment my Halloween village....

@redambrosia

I was not at Michaels today. But look what snuck into my shopping bag:

BBB62A24-B260-48CE-B67B-DC3CC2C817F8.jpeg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TGP said:

@redambrosia

I was not at Michaels today. But look what snuck into my shopping bag:

BBB62A24-B260-48CE-B67B-DC3CC2C817F8.jpeg

Ooo now you can write with vividness and flair! :lol: 

I remain happy with the pens I purchased. They don't have clumping issues like gel and ballpoint pens tend to and I get a nice, fine line. ^_^ 

Are you doing anything particular with yours? Or does your writing just need more vivid flair? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Thats okay I've got you covered..

I've wandered into the realm of Inks now and got Daler Rowney Light Green, White, Payne's Grey and Black..

AK Interactive have some stuff you can put on transparent plastic to make it look more like glass. 

GreenStuffWorld have 'Chameleon' metallics. 

Then there's these metallic washes from somewhere...   

(Not at home right now, so can't check the labels.)

• Like 5

I acquired a reactivated WoW account and expansion...  :unsure:  RIP painting time...  

• Haha 6
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Rahz said:

I acquired a reactivated WoW account and expansion...  :unsure:  RIP painting time...  

I quit for pretty much the same reason.  WoW was taking up way too much time.  I started at a time I was traveling almost every weekday, but when the travel stopped, my time on Wow began to interfere.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rahz said:

Which fell demon cast that curse upon you?

Please tell us his name so that we may avoid your fate.

I haven't touched an MMO since good ol' Minions of Mirth was abandoned by the producers. 

(They kept the server running until it had a fatal disk crash on sept 22 last year)

• Like 3