Well, I acquired about 40lbs of coins from my dad's apartment while cleaning it out. Some of them possibly worth more than the coin's value as a coin. :rolleyes:

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Well, I acquired about 40lbs of coins from my dad's apartment while cleaning it out. Some of them possibly worth more than the coin's value as a coin. :rolleyes:

If you've got any US coinage 1964 or earlier it is 90% silver content for dimes, quarters, and half dollars,

Worth a lot more than face value, either as "junk silver" [sold by weight by precious metals dealers] with a specified melt value, or possibly as actual collector grade coinage.

GEM

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I got my naughty gears busts. They look great, but I feel conflicted.

Why the conflict? (I don't remember much about the discussions during the KS, so not sure if there was anything up with the company).  Or just not time to work on them?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Why the conflict? (I don't remember much about the discussions during the KS, so not sure if there was anything up with the company).  Or just not time to work on them?

All the busts are likely all based on artwork of artists who are not aware and not compensated until it comes to their attention. There were several discovered during the KS. 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2017 at 4:30 PM, Crowley said:

The idea that all ships would be at the same orientation in space is a silly one. I say embrace the (likely) scientific truth! 

If you're traveling in close formation, being in the same orientation helps to prevent unfortunate incidents.

"I ordered a turn to port!"

"I did turn to port!"

"No, my port. As senior officer in the squadron, all formation directions are presumed to be correct for my reference frame. See FM98-114, Section 6.58."

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

All the busts are likely all based on artwork of artists who are not aware and not compensated until it comes to their attention. There were several discovered during the KS. 

That is extremely not cool. 

• Like 7

I got this in the mail today.

He comes with two different hats, I think I will go for the Bicorn because you don't see one that often on a pirate model.

$_12.JPG

• Like 10

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Yeah I have been going through a box of coins my wife brought home from her grandpa's after he moved into a much smaller assisted living place.  So far I have counted 18 Silver dollars dated at 1964.  They feel very different than I would have expected.  There were a ton of half dollars and  that was about where I got before I stopped.  Lots of stuff wrapped in tissue at the bottom of box.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I got this in the mail today.

He comes with two different hats, I think I will go for the Bicorn because you don't see one that often on a pirate model.

I love bicornes! I always thought two was the superior number of cornes. The LEGO pirate captains all had bicornes, the tricornes were reserved for the mates.

Of course, I now know I look mildly foolish in a bicorne, but what can you do?

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Of course, I now know I look mildly foolish in a bicorne, but what can you do?

Somewhat less silly looking if you wear them fore and aft rather than port to starboard.

Other angles are not to be contemplated, of course.

:B):

• Like 7

sideways bicornes only work if you also plan to walk around with one hand stuck inside your vest. And that isn't less silly, it's just the accepted way of doing things.

• Like 9

I wish the hat shop had hats like that. Just... because. Closest we have is a huge rouns brim semi-stiff black felt one. You could bend and sew it to be pirateish, but not as default. 

• Like 5

*whines* my Reaper box and my Nocturna splurge should be here any day now. 

As soon as that Nocturna box arrives, @ub3r_n3rd gets to pester me. 

• Like 5

Actually ub3r can pester you any time he wants - it's just that after the stuff arrives you have less justification for smacking him for it, lol.

• Like 4