Jump to content


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, haldir said:

As I've mentioned here on the board, but I've acquired a 3D printer. A Creality Ender 3. When it assembled it'll look like this:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Ender-3-Pro-e1536156897793.jpg

 

I'm taking my time with the assembly, with the instruction kinda being a bit muddled (typical Chinese diagram/picture, etc etc), I need to go online & look at various sites & videos. I'm also upgrading parts that I could upgrade later as well. Figured do it now & be done with it so I don't have to mess with it later. I'm excited to have one thou!!

 

Looks a bit wobbly, really 

You may want to check on Thingiverse if there's a Z-axis stiffener kit there to print and install. 

 

Also, the vertical axis needs to be at 90 degrees in relation to the Y axis, not the table. Quite a few people mess that up. 

 

I assume that you have a typical 0.4mm brass nozzle?
If so, do not try to print with Woodfill or any of the other materials with fillers in them. They wear out the nozzle in no time at all. 

(You'll need a steel nozzle or a special plated one for to print those materials)

 

I have two FDM printers, a DreamMaker Overlord Pro (Delta design, currently suffering a bad driver IC. Just need to get around to change it out) and a WanHao i3(These needs a fair amount of modification to work right). 

Never mind the ancient Prusa cobbled together out of printed parts and threaded rods that's languishing in the attic, or the iBox Nano resin printer that never really worked. 

Yeah, I've been into printing for a while...   

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They make a kit (metal arms) for the CR-10 (the higher end line) but nothing for the Ender 3. I was concerned about that myself, but overall they say it's pretty stable. I still make look into as the upright open tower design does concern me a bit.

 

Yah, I saw a review on Amazon about the vertical axis & such & the poles aren't or weren't squared, thus they had to tinker with it before assembly, in one reviewer product. I've checked & mine are square with each other (like his pic shown in the review. He is just showing the poles & one doesn't lay against the others squarely). Again, it's all part of the learning process. One reason why I want to take my time in assembly. I need some 3d gaming stuff but I'm in no hurry to get them.

 

It comes with a brass 0.4mm. That is one thing I'm getting is more nozzles, whether it be other sizes or just extras of 0.4mm. I've seen where certain materials will tear the hell out of nozzles & such. I'm gonna try & stick with normal materials, but if something comes up, I'll definitely use one of the harder tips.

 

I've been wanting one for quite some time & I've used a person on the web to print off some 3d items for my RCon games the last couple of years. I almost pulled the trigger on either a Hatchbox or Monoprice, but the printing bed size was what made me hold off. I figure with me actually having a weekly game now, it would be nice to print things for myself. Plus, if Tom T of Fat Dragon gives the Ender 3 a high rating, then that's fine by me, as I'll be printing all of items from his company. ::D:

2 hours ago, Zink said:

 

This is on my wishlist. After reading a lot about various makes and models this one looks like the right combination of value and quality for me. I'd be interested to read your thoughts on it once you get it running. 

 

Will do, heck I think this thing will be a regular thing I post on when I get it running, as I'll be printing mostly rpg related items. Well at least for the start anyways. ^_^

 

While browsing Thingiverse I did find a airbrush stuff, like a stand & possibly a replacement for my spray-out pot. So endless possibilities when it's up & running.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just acquired a new video card since mine died this morning as I was in Minecraft before going to work.  Could not get it to do anything so I pronounced it dead and stopped by Fry's today on the way back to office from a doc visit. Now I want to get home and see this baby run.  The other card was 6 years old BUT it was an older card at that time.  I think a friend laughed at me earlier saying it was 6 generations behind in the graphic card world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Just acquired a new video card since mine died this morning as I was in Minecraft before going to work.  Could not get it to do anything so I pronounced it dead and stopped by Fry's today on the way back to office from a doc visit. Now I want to get home and see this baby run.  The other card was 6 years old BUT it was an older card at that time.  I think a friend laughed at me earlier saying it was 6 generations behind in the graphic card world.

 

Man it's been a few years & counting since I last built my machine. Heck I can't even remember what card was is in there. I do recall it was one of the top cards a the time. Of course that just means it would be replaced in a few weeks/months with something shiney & new. When either the hard drive or mobo (pretty sure it's the mobo) die all of a sudden I was without a computer & had to rely on the phone or a 7 inch tablet for computing. Not fun at all.

 

These days I just have a Dell, it was cheap at the time & it works for what I need it for. Thou I do need to download the new Pathfinder crpg (KS backer) & I hope it'll work for that.

 

@Zink

 

Here is a site I stumbled on while looking up assembly sites for the Ender 3. https://makersteve.com/2018/08/25/ultimate-build-guide-for-creality-ender-3-step-by-step-a-makersteve-special-report/ 

 

It might be some use for yah.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 Jack just bought a big lot of minis, and although Jack probably shouldn't have bid that high, it was a nice haul. I just paid for it, so I haven't ID'd everything in it yet, but from what I could see from the auction pics and the main reasons I bid on the lot...

 

RP

11-755 The Sword Mage from the Birthright line

10-502 Dragonlance: Heroes box set - Raistlin Majere, Flint Fireforge, Tasslehoff Burrfoot, Tanis Half-elven and Tika Waylan

11-070 Caramon Majere (blister version, not the box set version)

11-064 Lord Soth (mounted and on foot, missing horse, dammit)

11-073 Lord Gunthar

11-054 Lord Manshoon

11-011 Half-Elven Rangers (male only)

11-027 Druids (male only)

What appears to be the rider from 10-500 Dragonlance: Red Dragon of Krynn

Most of the 11-421 Kobolds blister

One of the figures from the 11-475 Lizardmen blister

Two of the three figures from 11-444 Troglodytes blister

 

And several of the figures from Grenadier's 6004 Monsters of Mythology box set...

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20181009_174852.thumb.jpg.6b0630dd1d31e72b8f69ec895126aa39.jpg

New skull water cup from my wife.  I've always wanted a skull on my paint desk but they take up too much real estate.  But since this can be used as a rinse cup it works perfect. 

 

20181009_175113.thumb.jpg.694981464e4ae23d1fd8df28063e18f8.jpg

 

Then I got a new set of Rosemary & Co. brushes.  Got a Gilbert and a couple different series just to experiment with something new. 

 

I also placed an order to Warcolours for some inks but those are not in yet. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zink said:
8 hours ago, haldir said:

As I've mentioned here on the board, but I've acquired a 3D printer. A Creality Ender 3. When it assembled it'll look like this:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Ender-3-Pro-e1536156897793.jpg

 

I'm taking my time with the assembly, with the instruction kinda being a bit muddled (typical Chinese diagram/picture, etc etc), I need to go online & look at various sites & videos. I'm also upgrading parts that I could upgrade later as well. Figured do it now & be done with it so I don't have to mess with it later. I'm excited to have one thou!!

 

This is on my wishlist. After reading a lot about various makes and models this one looks like the right combination of value and quality for me. I'd be interested to read your thoughts on it once you get it running. 

I second this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a pile of arm warmers!

 

They're basically gloves of varying length from 'mid arm' to 'elbow' but with no fingers. Like long sleeves with a thumb hole.

 

Shut up, they're cute. Some are velvet :winkthumbs:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

I bought a pile of arm warmers!

 

They're basically gloves of varying length from 'mid arm' to 'elbow' but with no fingers. Like long sleeves with a thumb hole.

 

Shut up, they're cute. Some are velvet :winkthumbs:

Noice. I need to get some of those. It get cold as heck here at night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding myself not ordering anything for the Ghoulie Bag promotion because I don't need any more copies of those paint colors.. who even am I?

  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, haldir said:

 

Man it's been a few years & counting since I last built my machine. Heck I can't even remember what card was is in there. I do recall it was one of the top cards a the time. Of course that just means it would be replaced in a few weeks/months with something shiney & new. When either the hard drive or mobo (pretty sure it's the mobo) die all of a sudden I was without a computer & had to rely on the phone or a 7 inch tablet for computing. Not fun at all.

 

These days I just have a Dell, it was cheap at the time & it works for what I need it for. Thou I do need to download the new Pathfinder crpg (KS backer) & I hope it'll work for that.

 

 

As you may have seen on my facebooks update last night.  That video card upgrade turned into a new PC.  Sigh.  Got it all working with my two drives added to it but could not get my windows install to boot up so I am using the SSD that came with new PC and have my 480G SSD and 1TB drive added for backup.  Now I get to reinstall stuff.  Was up until 2AM messing with it but the last  30 min was me getting Minecraft installed and my directory from old drive moved over so I had all my stuff available.  Next I guess is World of Warcraft even though we have not played it since getting hooked on Minecraft again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Finding myself not ordering anything for the Ghoulie Bag promotion because I don't need any more copies of those paint colors.. who even am I?

There will be plenty on October 15th, as well as I think the 22nd too, if that helps... Mwa ha ha... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I bought a pile of arm warmers!

 

They're basically gloves of varying length from 'mid arm' to 'elbow' but with no fingers. Like long sleeves with a thumb hole.

 

Shut up, they're cute. Some are velvet :winkthumbs:

 

 You're joining a professional wrestling promotion, aren't you?

 

 

8 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Finding myself not ordering anything for the Ghoulie Bag promotion because I don't need any more copies of those paint colors.. who even am I?

 

 You're dead to us now.

 

(We'll be showing up in the next few days to divide up your stuff.)

 

 

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

There will be plenty on October 15th, as well as I think the 22nd too, if that helps... Mwa ha ha... 

 

What happens on those days? Are those the release days? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Finding myself not ordering anything for the Ghoulie Bag promotion because I don't need any more copies of those paint colors.. who even am I?

 

A person that realizes, BCA pink is a nice gesture, but "Damn, I've got waaaay to many of that particular color!!" ::P:

14 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

What happens on those days? Are those the release days? 

 

 The 15th for sure as that is the new Bones paint sets (RCon sets), I'm not sure about the other date.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×