On 10/4/2018 at 2:53 AM, BlazingTornado said:

My TSR minis are on their way to me.

The guy tells me he kept finding more bits and pieces and added them to the package. Says he'll also keep any bits he finds post-shipping aside to throw in with my next purchases from him.

Wonder if it includes missing weapon pieces, especially the Draconians' separate weapon and shield pieces.

UPDATE: They are here.

I haven't really started unwrapping them. I'm kind of worried if they are lead or something.... So for now I've just taken out the various 3.75" scale fantasy figures I'd also purchased from em, along with the plastic toys that will work well as D&D minis (Chinasaurs, Heroclix, Handful of Heroes, WWE dollar store Brock Lesnar figurine...)

I'm thinking of maybe doing some sort of unboxing video to show them all off.... But I still need to know how safe they are to handle first.... :/

• Like 2

I tend to not pay all that much attention on the generic releases, since I have a wish list that I fling stuff into for monthly tithes to Reaper, lol. My October order is en route. Sure hope that it has the ghoulie bag with the paint - big part of getting this month's was because I've been wanting Spectral White for ages. 

• Like 2

Whoo-hoo!  Missing Ghoulie Bag delivered!  I can't wait to get my hands on the minis and those paints.

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

As someone else mentioned, the 15th is indeed the new paint sets, while the 22nd is a mixture of bones and metal stuff: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82941-new-releases-october-22-2018-mix/

^_^

Nice the tombstones go retail!!

Placed a couple of ebay orders today mainly due to I had a Bucks code:

1st order

Yuan-ti w/bow (Storm King's Thunder) x2 (Vegas games)

Animated door (Dragon Heist) will become a Door mimic for Death House

Wood elf druid (Tyranny of Dragons) Oddly I don't have any druid prepaints. This will be a player's character mini in AL.

Large base Green Dragon (Tyranny of Dragons). Venomfang from Lost Mine of Pandelver

2nd order was for a couple of Reaper minis:

Bones Yeti Chieftain for Ladystorm's challenge

02245: Derleth The Fey: This will be the elf warlock in my Death House game.

• Like 3

So I hate Wizkid's material and preprimer, and I am trying to be good BUT..... 

I was walking to dinner with Mom and passed the FLGS. They had the Wizkid's Beholder. The big scary classic beholder. 

I got it. It is the best beholder on the market, can be hard to find, and the price is under $10. How could I say no to that horrifying face?

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I was walking to dinner with Mom and passed the FLGS. They had the Wizkid's Beholder. The big scary classic beholder.

Congrats on the find!

I already have a couple of my own so don’t need or want more, but I always look for them anyway just to know they’re there when I go to a FLGS.

Coincidentally. I was in both Imperial and Strategies yesterday and neither had one.

Also acquired lunch yesterday at the Stormcrow Alehouse, a local gaming/nerd eating/drinking establishment.

Turns out such places aren’t as much fun when you’re not with a group.

• Like 5

We took Mom to Stormcrow on Sunday and played Joking Hazard. Sir Cyr had a Neutral Evil burger. 

On the beholder - they only had the one, unless others were hiding. I didn't spend a lot of time looking though. One is enough for me. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

I haven't really started unwrapping them. I'm kind of worried if they are lead or something.... So for now I've just taken out the various 3.75" scale fantasy figures I'd also purchased from em, along with the plastic toys that will work well as D&D minis (Chinasaurs, Heroclix, Handful of Heroes, WWE dollar store Brock Lesnar figurine...)

I'm thinking of maybe doing some sort of unboxing video to show them all off.... But I still need to know how safe they are to handle first.... :/

Metallic lead is quite safe. (https://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/63708/toxicity-of-metallic-lead-pb) That said, I'd recommend not eating any of your miniatures. Not even with curry.

Lead salts are problematic, though again mostly if you eat them or inhale them.

Lead and lead salts are not really any more similar than metallic sodium and sodium chloride in their toxicity.

Though if you decide that you don't want to deal with lead alloys, you're welcome to send the minis to me. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, haldir said:

2nd order was for a couple of Reaper minis:

Bones Yeti Chieftain for Ladystorm's challenge

Was that one part of Bones I, II, or III ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Was that one part of Bones I, II, or III ?

It was part of the Bones III core set.

That means I should have one, somewhere. Exxxxxxxxxxxcelllent..!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Unless you have a tendency to chew your minis, you will be fine. I worked with lead miniatures for a LOT of years with no problems at all.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, malefactus said:

Unless you have a tendency to chew your minis, you will be fine. I worked with lead miniatures for a LOT of years with no problems at all.

^^ this.

You would really have a hard time giving yourself lead poisoning with miniatures. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

You would really have a hard time giving yourself lead poisoning with miniatures. 

That sounds like a challenge to me.

• Haha 15