26 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

There are alloys of purple gold. Paint the  goblin purple-gold. 

In seriousness, purple gold does exist (I think 14-18k) but it is too hard and brittle to work. 

magnesium?  No, I See, Aluminum.  Interesting.  wonder if natural nuggets have ever shown up.  and what the prospectors reaction was...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

magnesium?  No, I See, Aluminum.  Interesting.  wonder if natural nuggets have ever shown up.  and what the prospectors reaction was...

Don't know about prospectors, but there was some comment about its formation being a problem in electronics at times.

• Like 1

We have your order, ¡¿argleblargh?!, on file. Here's what you purchased:

77184: Spirit of the Forest $6.99 x1

77279: Narthrax $29.99 x1

77112: Agramon, Pit Fiend $12.99 x1

09415: Dungeon Slime $3.69 x1

09426: Charred Brown $3.69 x1

09427: Nut Brown $3.69 x1

09799: MSP Core Colors Triad: CAV Colors (09295-09297) $10.99 x1

09056: Templar Blue $3.69 x1

09115: Ritterlich Blue $3.69 x1

09283: Old West Rose $3.69 x1

77434: Yeti Chieftain $3.99 x1

77587: Avatar of Resilience (Rhino) $3.99 x1

89003: Pathfinder Goblin Warriors $3.99 x1

89002: Pathfinder Goblin Pyros $3.99 x1

77559: Undying Minotaur $3.99 x1

77251: Bloodhoof, Minotaur Barbarian $3.99 x1

77281: Succubus $2.99 x1

77338: Avatar of Sokar $3.99 x1

77339: Avatar of Thoth $2.99 x1

77340: Avatar of Sekhmet $2.99 x1

Your order has received 2x Dungeon Dwellers: Adrasteia Winterthorn, Vampiress Happy Halloween! Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag! 

Awwww, only got two of them despite it being exactly $120 in the cart before handling fee.  Oh well, world doesn't end. 

There's a LOT more goodies in this one for me this time ^_^

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlazingTornado said:

No it's just big and mean looking and might make a good giant or other such big humanoid with some conversion work.

(also I thought he retired from the UFC and just worked with WWE now)

Actually he is suspended from UFC for drug use. Thou after his little run in a recent UFC match, I'm sure Dana "$$$$" White will re-instate him for future use. There was a match for the hvywgt title between 2 dudes & Brock was sitting at ringside, as an attendee. Anyways after the champ won the match, Brock got up & jumped into the ring & I think did some beatin but also challenged the guy as well. I think they have some bad blood between the two. 

If he does fight he has to go through some sorta 6 month drug program & he'll be peachy with everyone. Good choice for a giant thou.

Amazon/3D printer upgrades ordered. Also picked up a nice weighted stand for it today as well!!

11 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

We have your order, ¡¿argleblargh?!, on file. Here's what you purchased:

77184: Spirit of the Forest $6.99 x1

77279: Narthrax $29.99 x1

77112: Agramon, Pit Fiend $12.99 x1

09415: Dungeon Slime $3.69 x1

09426: Charred Brown $3.69 x1

09427: Nut Brown $3.69 x1

09799: MSP Core Colors Triad: CAV Colors (09295-09297) $10.99 x1

09056: Templar Blue $3.69 x1

09115: Ritterlich Blue $3.69 x1

09283: Old West Rose $3.69 x1

77434: Yeti Chieftain $3.99 x1

77587: Avatar of Resilience (Rhino) $3.99 x1

89003: Pathfinder Goblin Warriors $3.99 x1

89002: Pathfinder Goblin Pyros $3.99 x1

77559: Undying Minotaur $3.99 x1

77251: Bloodhoof, Minotaur Barbarian $3.99 x1

77281: Succubus $2.99 x1

77338: Avatar of Sokar $3.99 x1

77339: Avatar of Thoth $2.99 x1

77340: Avatar of Sekhmet $2.99 x1

Your order has received 2x Dungeon Dwellers: Adrasteia Winterthorn, Vampiress Happy Halloween! Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag! 

Awwww, only got two of them despite it being exactly $120 in the cart before handling fee.  Oh well, world doesn't end. 

There's a LOT more goodies in this one for me this time ^_^

Shouldn't that be 4 of them? Unless Canadian orders are a higher requirement. I see a Yeti Chieftain in there!!! Good luck!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, haldir said:

Shouldn't that be 4 of them? Unless Canadian orders are a higher requirement. I see a Yeti Chieftain in there!!! Good luck!

Nah, it's one for every $40 for everyone who orders in USD, so it would be three.  I'm guessing if the cart was $120.01 system would have automatically given me three.  We shall see what they pack in the box in the end ^_^

As for the Yeti, yup, that's pretty much exactly why he's in there.  Figured why not, given what's up on the table, and it's something different than I usually paint! 

I'll be putting another order in on Monday for those new paints... Kind of looking forward to them, to say the least. ^_^

I also suspect I'll be picking up some more Vallejo Game Color paints soon (tm) since they have several of the purple, blue, and green shades I'm wanting in that line... 

• Like 2

Cap'n John was looking for an Horned Owl of a certain size. I found one for him at Safari Ltd. They're the Folk that make the cool plastic animal & fantasy miniatures that Michael's sells.

SO ordered one for him. To bulk out the $7.99 order I got a Steampunk Dragon for myself:

DSCN6834.thumb.JPG.bfa532daaf3bdef31b23e520d89ac723.JPG

Is that a sweet smile or what?

DSCN6838.thumb.JPG.e17c21f876909df8b7f6693dd181c9ac.JPG

Then there were a couple of minis & a few Familiar packs from Reaper that I needed...

60052 Almah, Merchant Princess (have you ever noticed that Reaper doesn't sell no name peasantry?)

60146 Kassata Lewynn (a piratey babe)

02870 Familiar Pack VI (all the Familiar packs are a bit Halloweeny with some Faerie touches)

14041 Familiars

14296 Warlord Familiars

THEN Bombshell Babes had a buy four get two free offer. I needed to save some $s. ERGO...

10001- Meagan the Buccaneer

10004- The Girl

10013- Mira the Inquisitor

10020- Professor Karrick

10023- Maelee the Mechanic

10042- Wasteland Maelee

10043- Eloise Covington

10047- Gabrielle

10050- Celeste the Sorceress

10052- Glacia the Winter Witch

10059 & 10060- Elizabeth Beckford, with & without daggers

10064- Anugrah the Oracle

All the Bombshell babe may benefit from the free bottle of Brest Cancer Awareness Pink than the Reaper Folk kindly included in my order.

Here's what they look like:

DSCN6841.thumb.JPG.5cf6812b7d907fad30b20df18f4940cb.JPGDSCN6842.thumb.JPG.f187a5aba9ba22add365f206f0b8cda9.JPG

There you go.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

Oh it's not a challenge for me. I was planning on slipping lead figures into @buglips*the*goblin's cereal. You already told him there's metal shavings in there, so I figure he won't think anything of there being a few more robust chunks.

ACTUALLY, granulated lead was a very popular seasoning during the heyday  of the Roman Empire.

This may not have been a cause for the imperial collapse, but it may explain some of the wacko  Emperors...buglip is already well down the wacko road.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

I could paint you blue.

He's from Canuckistan - don't they just naturally turn blue during the winter? It's some kind of natural camouflage thing or something...

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Nah, it's one for every $40 for everyone who orders in USD, so it would be three.  I'm guessing if the cart was $120.01 system would have automatically given me three.  We shall see what they pack in the box in the end ^_^

Heh, I can't multiply this Thursday.........:upside:

• Haha 4

Just now, haldir said:

Eh, sometimes math feels like rocket science, so it's understandable ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Why would you want to multiple anything by this Thursday?

• Haha 6

Apparently after a visit from a tech guy who was offering savings on tv service last night, we've switched from Dish Network & a old receiver to a brand new DirecTV Genie. My wife pays the tv bill but she was paying around 80 to 90 a month (OUCH!) to around 50 now for more channels & more modern features like a receiver that'll record up to 5 channels at once (old system was only 2 & if it was recording, you were stuck watching that recording).

About the only disadvantage is we don't get Pac12 Network (Dish contract) & DiY Network. Oh well, we do get Disney XD & NFL Network again. I kinda wish we would have that for  SW:Rebels, but at least we have it for the upcoming SW shows that are shown on there & NFL channel is something my son wanted..

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

...Potassium metal will catch fire on exposure to water...

If a lump of metallic potassium, about 25x25x25mm, is removed from the jar full of glycerin it is safely stored in, and said lump is transported outdoors to a body of open water (pond) and it is then tossed in from a (it was hoped) safe distance, it does not so much catch fire, rather...

...it goes Splorp! then it goes Ka-Baaaam!! sounding like a small grenade going off.

Or so I am told...  :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

57 minutes ago, TGP said:

Or so I am told...  :ph34r:

I... may or may not also know of someone who can also corroborate that...

• Haha 9

Started opening my big haul of minis...

Despite his best efforts, some fragile bits did not bode well on the trip... Both Boobries' legs are snapped, one Female Thief's dagger has broken and the other's is barely holding on, one of the Monks With Torch's staff tip broke off...

On the bright side there seems to indeed be more than what I showed because I just found a dog marked Grenadier.

And checking Lost Minis, it is a Monster Manuscript MM6 Blink Dog, but sadly his tail is no more.

And a Star Frontiers Megasaurus. What a hefty beast! Might keep that one for D&D!

Yeah, a lot of this stuff is in a bad way... and it'll take some skill to restore it without breaking it....

Have only gotten a fraction of the things unwrapped, they're all in silk paper with tape around them in small grouped bundles....

• Like 8