07010: Dungeon Dwellers: Adrasteia Winterthorn, Vampiress (0.00) x1
14178: Skralla, Reven Hero (4.99) x1
14196: Greka, Reven Solo (4.99) x1
50115: Moxy, Space Adventuress (5.99) x1
74058: Single 40mm Plastic Square Base (0.84) x1
77103: Nor'Okk, Ettin (4.99) x1

• Like 11

Ordered today:

• 1 set of 5 packs of penny card sleeves (for slightly more than a penny each).
  • A 72 slot pencil case for my colored pens (so I can quit fighting with the trays they came in).
  • A 22 well porcelain palette
  • Transparencies to print on
  • Pack of 5 Paint Pucks

To Order SOONTM :

• Several things from the Hobby Holder people.
  • Maiden of the High Seas paper boat (need to inventory my card stock and printer ink to see if I need more of those too).
  • Like 6

I was staring at the beholder figure that I picked up and realized that it is going to kinda be miserable to paint in some areas. The inside of the mouth is going to be awful to access. I might put a few drops of slightly thinned black paint in there and just shake so that at least the super shadowed areas where a brush won't reach will get something. I usually hate assembly, but that mouth needed to be in multiple parts. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Celianailo said:

@SparrowMarie did you get your porcelain pallet on line or in person? That's probably the next upgrade I should get.

Online, I haven't been able to find them in a store near me. Found it on Amazon. This is my second one, it's got about double the wells as the smaller one I have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2018 at 7:21 PM, Mad Jack said:

RP

11-755 The Sword Mage from the Birthright line

10-502 Dragonlance: Heroes box set - Raistlin Majere, Flint Fireforge, Tasslehoff Burrfoot, Tanis Half-elven and Tika Waylan

11-070 Caramon Majere (blister version, not the box set version)

11-064 Lord Soth (mounted and on foot, missing horse, dammit)

11-073 Lord Gunthar

11-054 Lord Manshoon

11-011 Half-Elven Rangers (male only)

11-027 Druids (male only)

What appears to be the rider from 10-500 Dragonlance: Red Dragon of Krynn

Most of the 11-421 Kobolds blister

One of the figures from the 11-475 Lizardmen blister

Two of the three figures from 11-444 Troglodytes blister

And several of the figures from Grenadier's 6004 Monsters of Mythology box set...

After a quick run-through of stuff I hadn't managed to ID from the auction pics of this and the previous auction, I've discovered that I also acquired an additional two figures from the TSR 5307 GenCon RPGA box set, bringing my total to 10 of the 12, although two of them have broken gear.

I also discovered I'd just acquired all ten figures from Ral Partha's Chaos Wars 10-414 Warlords box set... As well as AD&D figures 11-605 Thor, 11-502 Death Knight, both11-433 gargoyles (without the wings) and another of the 11-475 Lizardmen. There was also a couple of the 02-508 Wolf Pack and a pair of 15mm Battlesystem orc archers, the complete 01-316 3-stage Ranger, the second stage of 01-319 Elf Thief and the third stage of 01-320.

On an interesting note, there was also a Grenadier piece hanging out in the bottom of the box - one of the tiny dragons from the Dragon Lords game. As near as I can tell, it's supposed to be a brass dragon.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

This arrived in the mail yesterday:

01031: Ghoulie Bag (0.00) x1
02903: Valeska, Female Anti-Paladin (4.99) x1
03215: Jadeah, Female Half Orc (5.49) x1
03765: Highlander Heroine (7.99) x1
07010: Dungeon Dwellers: Adrasteia Winterthorn, Vampiress (0.00) x1
14178: Skralla, Reven Hero (4.99) x1
14196: Greka, Reven Solo (4.99) x1
50115: Moxy, Space Adventuress (5.99) x1
74058: Single 40mm Plastic Square Base (0.84) x1
77103: Nor'Okk, Ettin (4.99) x1

Now that I've actually opened the box, I have also gotten a sample paint; my first one! It's a very dark blue.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I was staring at the beholder figure that I picked up and realized that it is going to kinda be miserable to paint in some areas. The inside of the mouth is going to be awful to access. I might put a few drops of slightly thinned black paint in there and just shake so that at least the super shadowed areas where a brush won't reach will get something. I usually hate assembly, but that mouth needed to be in multiple parts. 

Actually, the easiest way is to get a tiny straw of some sort (such as from a compressed air can), use it as a pipette to pick up a couple drops of paint and place them in the mouth, then blow through it to move the paint around where it needs to go...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Actually, the easiest way is to get a tiny straw of some sort (such as from a compressed air can), use it as a pipette to pick up a couple drops of paint and place them in the mouth, then blow through it to move the paint around where it needs to go...

This is awesomely clever. I'll try that ^_^

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

This is awesomely clever. I'll try that ^_^

Something I came up with during the first fingerpainting challenge... Blowing paint around without the straw was a bit messy, lol.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Cyradis said:

You could use Dental Microbrushes...

They're designed to be bent so that they can get into awkward spots. 

(They're just bendable plastic with a very small cotton ball at the end.)   

Micro Mark used to sell them, but I can't find them there any more. 

I guess you'll have to buy them cheaper on eBay now.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I didn't consider this when I got mine. I haven't even opened it yet... So will be following this for ideas.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

You can get those on Amazon too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Don't know why this didn't quote in my last post but looks like you can get 400 from Amazon for about $10USD.

:ph34r: I wasn't fast enough.

ETA: It also looks like you can get them on various sizes. The one I looked at and liked the most had 400 in an order with 4 sizes. Reviews say they are good for modelling which most others did not mention. Only $15usd.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 6

Look for Microbrush name for ones related to hobbies. I use them all the time but mainly for glueing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1