5 hours ago, haldir said:

Candy Black? Is it like a automotive Candy color or like black licorice tone? Sounds interesting.

Yeah, it's like the automotive colour... I really hope so, at least.

No clue as to how it'll work, but... isn't that part of the fun?

The only black I'm really missing now is that super-black carbon nanotube stuff. That would have been nice for so many things...

(Imagine painting a Reaper, with skythe, bony hands, cloak... and the inside and the deep folds all painted in that black? )

• Like 5

Box 3 of 4 for October is in, yay!

IMG_20181026_193715.thumb.jpg.5f56d082fe8294f95e57cf9bb9693aab.jpgIMG_20181026_194219.thumb.jpg.4d14d7653abe8d73efc5e9f6b8b8b34f.jpg

^Not included was half the candy hubby took, the seasonal paints, and of course the freebie minis.  I really like the look of a few of these, and hubby definitely can't wait to see how Eldritch Purple dries...  I can't wait to see how Succubus Kiss dries!

• Like 13

Currently acquiring Wizkids latest wave of nonpainted...

A5B31501-4D08-4A83-B0B7-3874B02728B2.thumb.jpeg.38c1077059537d1ee2b4f81eb7b12c47.jpeg

Will take a better pic of them once I pay for them and get home.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 13

5 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Yeah, it's like the automotive colour... I really hope so, at least.

No clue as to how it'll work, but... isn't that part of the fun?

The only black I'm really missing now is that super-black carbon nanotube stuff. That would have been nice for so many things...

(Imagine painting a Reaper, with skythe, bony hands, cloak... and the inside and the deep folds all painted in that black? )

Try Stuart Semple's Black 2.0 from Culture Hustle. I found it to be an acceptable alternative. Just be aware you can NOT clear coat it afterwards.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Currently acquiring Wizkids latest wave of nonpainted...

A5B31501-4D08-4A83-B0B7-3874B02728B2.thumb.jpeg.38c1077059537d1ee2b4f81eb7b12c47.jpeg

Will take a better pic of them once I pay for them and get home.

Please do post some more pics.  I would like to see the news ones.  I was tempted a few times from their previous releases but I have yet to buy any.  

Also could you explain that basket?  It looks like it has a handle thats attached in the middle like a regular basket.  But I'm curious what is the handle that runs along outside and attaches at one end?

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Please do post some more pics.  I would like to see the news ones.  I was tempted a few times from their previous releases but I have yet to buy any.  

Also could you explain that basket?  It looks like it has a handle thats attached in the middle like a regular basket.  But I'm curious what is the handle that runs along outside and attaches at one end?

The bottom of the basket probably has wheels. It's designed to be carried (regular handle), or dragged (handle running along the outside). It's a pretty recent thing.

Myself, I prefer the short carts; they're harder to tip.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Also could you explain that basket?

The “outside” handle lifts up towards the front so that you can pull the basket behind you if it proves too heavy to lift with the other handle.

(Obviously designed during the time of metal minis.)

And yes, the basket has wheels.

Now for pics.

2E0E335E-6D90-4A9B-8017-2A631548ACAA.thumb.jpeg.ebd4d06362afcf71922ea8f0939b4adb.jpeg

$16.99 CDN from left to right

Remoraz. Frost Giant. Fomorian

D8B028B9-5AB9-455C-931B-1DD6A7027C56.thumb.jpeg.5685d8c5794fa189ea952a86ddf355c1.jpeg

$5.99 CDN from left to right

Cage with Chains. Gelatinous Cube (one opened with Sir Forscale inside). Monodrone and Duo Drone. Shambling Mound.

48414D27-23F2-45E0-884F-F1E1B061AD47.thumb.jpeg.c6e422d90959b76435dd9cd52ad30eaa.jpeg

Just a pic to show how the insert works.

In general I’m not a fan of Wizkids humanoid sized minis, so I didn’t spend much time looking at those.

I’m more interested in the unusual, big, and/or particularly well done minis.

They did have the TRex there and it was a nice sculpt at $16.99, but to be honest I have a couple of Papo prepainted TRex’s that are much larger that I prefer. Also the reason I didn’t order the Bones TRex from the last Kickstarter.

If anyone wants me to take a better picture of anything, or wants me to open up a package for a better look, it’s better to make the request in the Wizkids thread and I’ll post pics there:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67720-unpainted-minis-from-wizkids/&page=57

• Like 9

4 hours ago, K2h2m3 said:

Try Stuart Semple's Black 2.0 from Culture Hustle. I found it to be an acceptable alternative. Just be aware you can NOT clear coat it afterwards.

Ouch!  

The paint is cheap, but shipping....  

• Like 3

On 10/25/2018 at 11:18 PM, Gadgetman! said:

Spillsjefen?   

If so... he may have begun stocking Reaper paints after I nagged him about them...   

(I got my Bones paints from him)

Yep.

Well, he has the liner triad and a couple of paint sets. And a bunch of bones figures.

Norwegians on the forum! Woo! Where are you at? :)

• Like 4

Well... I was lied to.

Apparently the yellow lenses aren't available for my prescription. Eye game too blind, I guess?

Instead I have clear reading glasses. Supposedly they contain the clear anti-blue coating that uses physics and hope to block out blue light. I'll give it a whirl.

Still, I am disappointed I was not informed of this issue when I ordered them. And paid for them <_<

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

15 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Ouch!  

The paint is cheap, but shipping....  

Yep, shipping was a killer. I waited until there were several items I wanted to offset it.

• Like 3

Well, acquired a broken shower head. Turned on the shower and two seconds later I heard a POP and had water spraying my ceiling because the handle separated from the hose.

So I've got a new shower head coming to fix that. I also have some chemical-resistant spray bottles coming, a big bottle of acetone, and a new large room humidifier on their way as well. Monday is gonna be "open all the things!" day for me, because that's when my Kings of War Vanguard kickstarter is set to arrive as well.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Ordered a pot of Vallejo Water Texture and a pot of AK Interactive Ice Sparkles.

• Like 4

And now for something not on topic....

Secret Sophie signup thread is posted and the signup is closing at the end of the day October 30th!

If interested please go here 

2018 Secret Sophie

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming ::P:

• Like 2