On 10/30/2018 at 7:58 PM, haldir said:

The Army Painter:

Last of the Warpaints I needed besides a couple of Effects paints I really don't need (glosscoat & grey primer)

Pixie Pink

Fog Grey

Pure Red

Glistening Blood (really didn't  need this but eh, might as well try it)

Lowlands Shrub base material

Reaper Bones:

Yeti Warrior

Avatar of Protection (Water Buffalo) (last 2 Avatars I needed)

77518: Cultists x2 (LMoP cult of the dragon members)

Aglanda, Herald of Razmir (leader of LMoP CotD, gonna change the person to a female)

Ordered received today like clockwork. Love the look of the Bones cultists, which is odd, since I didn't really care for them during the KS. I may have to get the other 3 now. 

• Like 6

Picked up my Klukva Miniatures Barbarian Dude(s) from the post office just now. I like their packaging. It's a hinged laser cut wood box(surprisingly not MDF, but plywood) that's been stuffed with a wad of cotton and tied shut with a piece of twine. It's sturdy, it looks pretty nice, and honestly I think it's just a great way to ship minis overseas.

20181105_081850.thumb.jpg.4a042b5c44b4c222647c4d83187f7475.jpg

And I really like the minis. I got one copy of the full set, and then for an extra like $10 I got two extra copies of just the barbarian so that I can use all the bits.

20181105_082148.thumb.jpg.c04e0a1801dfb7bac66e5e3e94c6c34c.jpg

I think I'm gonna do cloak and hammer, axe and shield, and then just the sword by itself. But I dunno. I'll have to mock it up with some blue tack first to see which ways look better.

Sorry there aren't close ups of everything, but my phone was never that good for taking close ups, and ever since I had to replace the camera lens cover last month the thing has gotten even worse. So most of it came out looking like poo. This is the only one that looks decent.

20181105_082352.jpg

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Aw, man...   

I wasn't planning on buying anything this month, and then you mention a company I hadn't heard of before. 

Don't blame me. Someone else posted the Barbarian Dude in here last month and got me to buy it. But I'll be going back to Klukva in the future because I want both of their not-Doom Guy minis(one classic, one modern) and their not-Guts from Berserk mini.

Edit: It was SamuraiJack. Blame him.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Woot Amazon order came in over the weekend.

Green Stuff - mainly for daughter to use and she dug into it yesterday creating a couple things.

40 count of Java Factory variety K-Cups

Poker book - "Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em: Strategies to Consistently Beat Small Stakes Tournaments and Cash Games" by Jonathan Little

• Like 7

Because I haven't painted any miniatures in at least six months, and I'm fixing to be in three consecutive plays... why not buy some miniatures?  Right?

***facepalm***

60161: Ilnerik Sivanshin (Warlock)
02562: Gossamer Air Sorceress (Rogue)
03643: Aina, Valkyrie (Cleric... spear and shield!)
02344: Catherine O'Mannon (Wizardess)
14553: Arthrand Nightblade, Wood Elf Sergeant (Ranger)

To be fair, I don't necessarily have to paint them.  They are the figures representing a group of "players" in a story I am writing.  I will paint them at some point, but to work out positionings, it is nice to have a figure to put on a board and work out a fight sequence or other elements in the story.  These will be combined with Almaran the Gold (Paladin).  

Perhaps these words will make it into some written form somewhere besides my laptop, but mostly I want to get in the habit of writing again.  I figure these will be the Fantasy Opera figures in a drama that builds my creativity again.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Unruly said:

Don't blame me. Someone else posted the Barbarian Dude in here last month and got me to buy it. But I'll be going back to Klukva in the future because I want both of their not-Doom Guy minis(one classic, one modern) and their not-Guts from Berserk mini.

Edit: It was SamuraiJack. Blame him.

I'll blame both of you then.  Interesting looking totally not Doom Guy minis, and bonus points for "Not-Stukov" as well as "Not-Murky". 

Acquired today: giant bag of candy from my salesperson, yay! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'll blame both of you then.  Interesting looking totally not Doom Guy minis, and bonus points for "Not-Stukov" as well as "Not-Murky". 

Acquired today: giant bag of candy from my salesperson, yay! 

Yea, the not-Stukov was another one I looked at, but it's one that I don't think I'll get. But I do like that they're doing so many not-games people. I mean, they've even got Legacy of Kain characters. That's not something I'd have expected. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thanks to @Auberon's reminder of the Bombshell Miniature Halloween sale, I received today:

10041 Khai the Huntress

10040 - Greta, Forest Spirit

60017 - Pumpkin Pal (free)

10033 - Autumn the Scarecrone (free)

10017 - Delzira Demon Princess

10004 - The Girl

10049 - Fa’o Cat Huntress (free)

10050 - Celeste the Sorceress (free)

70001 - Morihalda Forest Spirit Bust

• Like 8

5 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

1996415506_download(2).jpg.42dd7c1da2377eeb80c05cc75efca15b.jpg

See, you say that, but then a scant hour later you post this...

4 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

I really don't want to waste more money on Raging Heroes, and if this was 54mm or 75 mm I'd be hosed..

SISTER_ESPERANZA_ESPINOSA_SCIFI__blister

How are you not in Guinness for the longest nose? :lol:

• Haha 12

I decided I should try to fill holes in my paint collection before redoing my paint storage system and before it actually freezes.  So...

We have your order, ######, on file.  Here's what you purchased:

29850: HD Elfin Flesh  $3.69 x1
29821: HD Sunburn Flesh  $3.69 x1
29822: HD Suntan Flesh  $3.69 x1
29823: HD Caucasian Flesh  $3.69 x1
29824: HD Maiden Flesh  $3.69 x1
09447: Undead Flesh  $3.69 x1
09446: Pale Flesh  $3.69 x1
09437: Dragon Black  $3.69 x1
09439: Dragon White  $3.69 x1
09287: Neon Yellow  $3.69 x1
09288: LED Blue  $3.69 x1
09292: Bathalian Chitin  $3.69 x1
09293: Alien Flesh  $3.69 x1
09778: Bright Skintones  $10.99 x1
09797: IMEF Colors Colors  $10.99 x1
02344: Catherine O'Mannon  $4.99 x1
02200: Justine The Holy  $4.99 x1
77573: War Pugs (3)  $2.99 x1

Your order has received 2x Dungeon Dwellers: Borin Ironbrow, Dwarf Adventurer   

I wished whoever handles the order a Happy Thanksgiving since I may not place another order before then.

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

See, you say that, but then a scant hour later you post this...

How are you not in Guinness for the longest nose? :lol:

To be fair, @SamuraiJack used to be able to hide behind @ub3r_n3rd... but, not so much anymore... not that he changed any, he's still doing what he always did... finding cool new things.  

• Like 6