5 hours ago, haldir said:

I find BF sales to be better then CM. 

Curious what airbrush you're getting? 

Aquired (with refunds from the Big A) :

Litko dungeon lever tokens (5)

Gf9 D&D5e Magic item cards

Stainless steel ball bearings. Suppose to be acrylic proof but I'm gonna test a few first. 

I was tempted by the Badger Multi-Airbrush Starter System that comes with a Patriot 105 and Badger 305 single action, with the Badger TC908 Aspire 1/6 hp 40+ psi air compressor.

It is $195 on Amazon before shipping, but I found it for about that with a shipping at another store. 

I am open to other suggestions, though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I believe the tradition is to paint a Dragon with it... 

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/70750-kaladrax-the-pinkolich-an-ub3r-showoff/

The only dragons I have are the Reaper young fire dragon from Bones and the dragon from the Dragonstrike board game.

I don't think that's enough dragon to use up all those bottles. XD

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Talae said:

I was tempted by the Badger Multi-Airbrush Starter System that comes with a Patriot 105 and Badger 305 single action, with the Badger TC908 Aspire 1/6 hp 40+ psi air compressor.

It is $195 on Amazon before shipping, but I found it for about that with a shipping at another store. 

That's... actually not a bad deal, I don't think. Just the compressor and the Patriot would run you about that much, so getting a single action brush too is just icing on the cake. And the single action 350 could be your go-to priming brush, especially since it's a syphon feed. But then there's the extras, like the instructional DVD and the (cheap)paints to practice with. I kind of wish that I'd known about that deal a few years ago when I bought my first Patriot.

The only thing I wish it had was a tanked compressor. But I just looked on Badger's sales site(USA Airbrush Supply, who is also the seller on Amazon for the $195 listing of the starter) and the deluxe version of that set comes with a tanked compressor for $255+shipping. Which isn't anywhere near worth that high of a price jump, I don't think.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

(so I now have three bottles of Breast Cancer Pink, and not a single clue what to use em for)

It gets even more confusing when you have 6 of them... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

That's... actually not a bad deal, I don't think. Just the compressor and the Patriot would run you about that much, so getting a single action brush too is just icing on the cake. And the single action 350 could be your go-to priming brush, especially since it's a syphon feed. But then there's the extras, like the instructional DVD and the (cheap)paints to practice with. I kind of wish that I'd known about that deal a few years ago when I bought my first Patriot.

The only thing I wish it had was a tanked compressor. But I just looked on Badger's sales site(USA Airbrush Supply, who is also the seller on Amazon for the $195 listing of the starter) and the deluxe version of that set comes with a tanked compressor for $255+shipping. Which isn't anywhere near worth that high of a price jump, I don't think.

That deluxe kit is $256 with shipping at the other site. I assumed it wasn't worth it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:
14 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

(so I now have three bottles of Breast Cancer Pink, and not a single clue what to use em for)

Clearly, it is a sign that you need to paint DDS2 all in shades of pink. *sage nod*

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:
14 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Clearly, it is a sign that you need to paint DDS2 all in shades of pink. *sage nod*

I think I have around 10 bottles now.  I got so many when the Bonesylvanians were metal promos during October 2-3 years ago, I had to stop counting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I thi k I'm up to four myself...  I think I cracked open the first one to do the drop of paint on the top thing and that's it so far.. 

25 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Would look neat.  I volunteer someone else to try such, given that I wound up subbing in Punk Rock Pink lol

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Talae said:

That is a nice deal, remember thou Badger does run specials, or at least they did this year. (Ken's bday & extra % off summer sale.) Are you near a convention that Ken (Badger) might attend? Badger's prices during those are almost unreal.

• Like 1

One of the problems with finding inspiring photos of mins is finding another box with said minis on the doorstep:

DSCN7009.thumb.JPG.7bc6fb33251c2ac69b9aa7b5ce3a22e6.JPGDSCN7010.thumb.JPG.a37b887ba9426d7d4bfb5943e4d826a4.JPG

The loot included the latest Dungeon Dweller: Borin Ironbrow, Vertically Challenged Grump, a bottle of darkish blue, & the Breast Cancer Awareness pink,

AND

03170- Lurien, Ghost

03298- Spirits

03700 Tyrea Bronzelocks

03723- Death Shroud

03767- Nemesra, Dancing Girl

03917- Bergamot, Halfling Rogue

60059- Harrower

60148- Sandru Vhiski

60174- Jirelle, Iconic Swashbuckler

60178- Enora, Iconic Arcanist

Surprisingly I am feeling no guilt whatsoever. This is probably another sign of imminent senility or simple idiocy.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

My Zayna Gobliness from Iter Miniatures arrived. It is the replacement one - the first one got lost in shipping. Iter was really great about checking the tracking, then sending out a new one. The gobliness is awesome and sassy. She came with a little card card, a drawstring pouch, and is in a nice little storage box. Very professional. Plus there is now an Iter sticker on my paint box! 

I think I need to practice green skin a bit before fully tackling her, but she's going to be super fun. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, haldir said:

That is a nice deal, remember thou Badger does run specials, or at least they did this year. (Ken's bday & extra % off summer sale.) Are you near a convention that Ken (Badger) might attend? Badger's prices during those are almost unreal.

No idea. I am in the Phoenix area.

• Like 2

Wheeee, order is in!

60048: Feiya, Iconic Witch & Fox Familiar $5.99
02909: Nienna, Elf Ranger $7.99
77503: Temple Dragon $6.99
77008: Garrick the Bold $2.99
77446: Werebear $3.99
03315: Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue $4.99
77447: Werecrocodile $3.99

Now to play the (impatient) waiting game!

• Like 7

On 11/8/2018 at 7:27 AM, BlazingTornado said:

The only dragons I have are the Reaper young fire dragon from Bones and the dragon from the Dragonstrike board game.

I don't think that's enough dragon to use up all those bottles. XD

Clearly the only solution is to buy more dragons. :poke:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3