Got a package from Germany today, containing a  tin of PK-Pro Masking Putty(saw it demonstrated here:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82969-ongoing-wip-thread/&  ) ome files and stuff, and... a 10gram bag of Haribo Gummy bears. I didn't even know they made miniature gummy bears... Sorry, no pictures, but I can confirm that they tasted just as good as the normal sized ones...    

Now, to order some Nanobeams(5x5mm aluminium profiles with channels similarly to typical 20x20mm profiles) and some bracket and bits for them. 

Nice stuff for building things...

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Got a package from Germany today, containing a  tin of PK-Pro Masking Putty(saw it demonstrated here:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82969-ongoing-wip-thread/&  ) ome files and stuff, and... a 10gram bag of Haribo Gummy bears. I didn't even know they made miniature gummy bears... Sorry, no pictures, but I can confirm that they tasted just as good as the normal sized ones...    

Now, to order some Nanobeams(5x5mm aluminium profiles with channels similarly to typical 20x20mm profiles) and some bracket and bits for them. 

You ordered from the Battlefield..they always include those mini gummi bears.

Cool huh?

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

One of the finest cartoon themes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HCjQbKowUo

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2018 at 8:41 AM, Talae said:

I was tempted by the Badger Multi-Airbrush Starter System that comes with a Patriot 105 and Badger 305 single action, with the Badger TC908 Aspire 1/6 hp 40+ psi air compressor.

It is $195 on Amazon before shipping, but I found it for about that with a shipping at another store. 

I am open to other suggestions, though.

I have been tempted by that as well, but I really want a tank and hate to buy something twice.  The PlanTM, is to make a short list of wants and see what's happening on Black Friday.

On a completely unrelated note, Singles Day sales have started.  Most everything I'm seeing for our hobby is recasts (though I know of one legit sale) so let your conscience be your guide.  The airbrush stuff I've seen so far has been Chinese brands and I don't know enough about them to make an informed decision.  Mr. Badger said in one of his videos that nobody makes their own compressors, so some of this stuff could come from the same factory as what they use.  It could also be completely worthless.

• Like 2

The chinese stuff is hit and miss, mostly miss...

I can't believe the difference between my 'store brand'(made in China ) and my Patriot...   

And the amount of cleaning and fiddling I had to do on the 'store brand' brush between sessions if I wanted it to keep on working. On the Patriot I just run some airbrush cleaner through it between clolours and before ending the session.

• Like 3

Hey, if I'm thinking about getting an airbrush in the sales (or asking for one for the holidays), are there any specific things I should look for in an air compressor to use with an airbrush? Do I need a specific type of air compressor or will most small ones work? I'm a complete noob at anything airbrush

• Like 2

I am no great expert but my experience says if you can get one with a reservoir take that one.  it makes for dryer air and gives you a much more even pressure for the brush.  Your compressor will also probably last longer.  I also recommend getting a good water/oil separator to go on the outlet.  Again, better quality air means a better consistency of spray from the airbrush.

For reference, I use the TC-20T compressor from TCP global.  I started with a master airbrush but moved pretty quickly up to a Badger Sotar as my go to brush with a patriot for doing fine work and a second Sotar for doing metallic paints because its a pain to clean all the fleck out of the brush when i switch paints.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I am no great expert but my experience says if you can get one with a reservoir take that one.  it makes for dryer air and gives you a much more even pressure for the brush.  Your compressor will also probably last longer.  I also recommend getting a good water/oil separator to go on the outlet.  Again, better quality air means a better consistency of spray from the airbrush.

Also note, tanked compressors are allot quieter then a non-tanked one. Without the tank, the compressor runs consistently. I recently picked up a tanked compressor off ebay. I have no idea the name & I'm sure it's Chinese but it has performed quite well in the few times I've worked with it. Noise is almost non-existent. Especially when you compare it to the Testor's compressor that I was using. It has no tank so it's loud.

Also more then likely you'll need a adapter to fit the airbrush hose to the compressor. 1/8" to 1/4" or the other way around,  I get that mixed up all the time.. Also it depends on the brand of airbrush as well, there is no standard amongst the brands. Anther thing you might like & it's not essential is a quick-fit adapter for the 'brush to the hose. I've got 3 airbrushes but only 1 hose, without the adapter I'd need a multi-outlet manifold & 3 separate hoses. With Badger & I'm sure all brands have it, but I just picked up the master adapter (badger hose to badger brush) then I picked up the tips for the Paasche & anther Badger. My other brands of airbrushes.

Like 'rex I have an extra airbrush but I use it just for clearcoating (currently a cheapie Harbor Freight but switching to either a Badger 250-1 or 350) . No need to worry about color junk messing up the paint, if you miss something during cleaning.

As far as other things, a airbrush holder might be useful. It allows you to set the 'brush down when not using it & not worry about paint spillage. Spray Out pots are handy as they capture fumes, spray while your cleaning the airbrush. Most have a integrated stand.

Also check this site out: https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/home

Don has some fantastic tips, articles on just about everything in regards to airbrushing.

• Like 3

Regarding compressors, Ken from Badger(the head of the company) has said that just about every major airbrush company and even the cheap ones source their compressors from the same manufacturers. The only major difference that you'll find on them other than the stickers is that the cheaper ones will probably be made with a few more plastic parts. Functionally, they're the same. They just may not last as long because it's possible that the piston is made of plastic instead of metal.

The fact that Ken is a straight shooter about stuff like that is one of the reasons why I like Badger as a company. He isn't afraid to say "It's all basically the same, you're mostly paying for the name and a warranty. We just hope you choose us."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Now you guys have me second guessing my purchase. Someone calm my nerves. The bundle I just bought today has the Badger TC908 Aspire. You all have me tempted to cancel my order.