My Reaper order arrived

[REDACTED] - I need to pick one to paint for the winter exchange and maybe throw in another as a gift.  Or paint two.  We'll see how it goes.

Also, this month's bonus dwarf.

Update on my Singles Day adventure - four of my orders went through no problem while two weren't able to connect to Paypal.  There were warnings that this would happen due to the traffic, so I didn't worry about it.  Ali gives you almost two weeks to complete payment.  Now those two orders say my payment is being processed by my financial institution, but that's not really possible given I never managed to send payment in the first place.  It's not a big deal if it doesn't work out since it's just a cheap beer holster and some decorated pillow covers that I can surely find elsewhere (though I'll have to pay the middleman that way), not even $10 in total, but it does detract from the experience somewhat.

• Like 3

Just ordered some interesting dwarves from a new company, Durgin Paint Forge.

file.jpg
Iron Crow Raider

file.jpg
Female Blacksmith

file.jpg
Hunter of Erdraz and Hunting Bulldog

file.jpg
Priestess of the Golden Boar

• Like 13

Picked up the Wizkids gargantuan white dragon unpainted yesterday. 

Put up some shots compared to Deathsleet & Sir Forscale in the Wizkids unpainted thread here. 

• Like 7

Just now, haldir said:

Picked up the Wizkids gargantuan white dragon unpainted yesterday. 

Put up some shots compared to Deathsleet & Sir Forscale. 

Where?

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Where?

Editted my post. It's in the Wizkids unpainted thread on here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Forgot to mention a while back that I got some small firm colour shapers. Finally got around to trying them out today. I'm liking them better than my metal sculpting tools so far although there'll always be a place for them as well.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Talae said:

Look what arrived today

20181116_170723.thumb.jpg.2094324f8462a4b4fa6fcff2d5f16d51.jpg

Very nice! That's pretty quick for Badger!

I got my Ironheart Artisans paint rack and brush rack in today. Just got them assembled and placed on my hobby desk. It is now more or less setup. Just need to get my paints put into their racks and take some time to mix them all on my vortexer. Might do that this weekend, but I'll definitely start on it this week. 2 days off, 2 days of work, then another 5 days off makes for some free time!

Here's a picture of my hobby space as it currently stands. Ignore the pile of crap on top of the dresser. I need to clean it off so that it can be the shelf of shame and the home to my current lamp once I get a clamp-style version of it.

1542438174373-538850778.jpg

• Like 11

Okay, I strongly suspect I'll be getting my paws on some of those racks now...  Once I have a bit of extra spare cash to do so, because those look rather lovely to say the least!  ...And the brush holder too.

I need more paint storage anyways, plus with upgrading to a new desk in a few months I'm rather tempted by the setup you've showcased there, doubly so because that's an 18x24 cutting mat ~AND~ an airbrush spray booth on what I'm guessing was the 47 1/4" wide tabletop.  Out of curiosity, with that booth, are you venting the air any particular direction after, or just out the back like those ones are usually built, and if so, any issues with excess paint particles making it out the back?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Okay, I strongly suspect I'll be getting my paws on some of those racks now...  Once I have a bit of extra spare cash to do so, because those look rather lovely to say the least!  ...And the brush holder too.

I need more paint storage anyways, plus with upgrading to a new desk in a few months I'm rather tempted by the setup you've showcased there, doubly so because that's an 18x24 cutting mat ~AND~ an airbrush spray booth on what I'm guessing was the 47 1/4" wide tabletop.  Out of curiosity, with that booth, are you venting the air any particular direction after, or just out the back like those ones are usually built, and if so, any issues with excess paint particles making it out the back?

Just to make sure it's clear, the new paint rack is the mostly empty 6-tier shelf style one. The rack that is full is the 6-tier corner that I already had, and the empty dropper storage was already owned as well. They're all very nice pieces, though. The brush rack definitely needs a dab of glue, because the top plate likes to fall, but the paint racks are pretty tight fitting and sturdy even without glue.

Also keep in mind that part of that cutting mat is underneath the paint racks. Almost 8 inches of it is under the racks on the side, and there's a couple inches under the racks at the top too. So the exposed portion isn't the whole mat. But it is the 47" desktop. All told, with the paint racks and everything it's a little more cramped of a workspace than what I'd like, but if it comes down to it I can always pack up the spray booth.

As for the question about the booth, I don't have any ducting to vent it towards the window like some people do(some are sold with it, too). It's just a straight shot out the back for me. And yes, you will get some paint escaping through the filters and coming out the back. I really don't care about it much, but if I did I'd just put some thick cardstock or poster board up on the wall behind it. I could always get some dryer exhaust ducting and throw it out the window, but until I start working with lacquers and enamels more often I won't really have toxic fumes at a level that they worry me beyond wearing my respirator. A little bit of lacquer thinner vapors from cleaning out an airbrush once in a blue moon is manageable just with good air circulation and the window being open.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Finally received my Reaper minis I ordered last month (I went the cheap route and didn't order direct from Reaper), surprisingly they came with both last months vampire lady and this months dwarf dude freebies.

Can't argue with free minis.

• Like 8