Jump to content


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Couple new books for my passion hobby 

6D43B878-B7BB-4E00-96B1-DF84E3CE7B60.jpeg

I remember as a kid wearing out a copy of Roy Chapman's book about his expedition to Mongolia.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a little box set of the first three Slayers anime tv shows today.  I bought it because my kid's been watching through the first season, and we don't have the second... and it was cheaper (and smaller) to get a new set of the first three series than to find an old copy of season 2.

 

This isn't the first time I've run into that with older anime series. :)

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Corsair said:

I remember as a kid wearing out a copy of Roy Chapman's book about his expedition to Mongolia.

 

Those are great books!

If you google Paleo art you will find a ton of great artwork, I have done that...I have  a little thing for prehistoric creatures.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Corsair said:

I remember as a kid wearing out a copy of Roy Chapman's book about his expedition to Mongolia.

I think I read the covers off the same book.

GEM

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposed to be getting ready for work.  Instead, I have the following on the way now...

 

72501: Dictator B Resin Model Kit x1

72282: Cheetah x2
72273: Tiger x2
72283: Sabretooth x1
72267: Rhino x1
74033: 40mm Round Plastic Gaming Base (10) x1

 

...And one freebie owlbear, since the 1:56 Dictator B was purchased direct from Talon Games. ^_^

  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Supposed to be getting ready for work.  Instead, I have the following on the way now...

 

72501: Dictator B Resin Model Kit x1

72282: Cheetah x2
72273: Tiger x2
72283: Sabretooth x1
72267: Rhino x1
74033: 40mm Round Plastic Gaming Base (10) x1

 

...And one freebie owlbear, since the 1:56 Dictator B was purchased direct from Talon Games. ^_^

Ritterlich, Almirithil or Merc?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Ritterlich, Almirithil or Merc?

Ritterlich, although once I get my paws on a copy of the manual/rules (will probably be another month or two for that) I might consider mercenary.  Just need to know the pros and cons of going that route first. 

 

It would let me field the tanks I want though... :devil:

 

I originally chose Ritterlich due to liking their designs, and once I found the fluff.. Liking their fluff the most.  Well, secondary to Malvernis, but...  They kind of aren't readily available just yet. 

 

Edit: after a bit of thought I'm going to go with..... Both Ritterlich and Merc listings.  Let's me build the 449th (or 549th, havent decided yet, both numbers have meanings to me - my Malvernis will probably be 442 and Templar 408 - number is off for Malvernis, I'll have to ask dad since Google won't list the original eight) "Flying Foxes", as well as the currently unnamed Merc unit (but will have "fox" of some kind in there, knowing me) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ritterlich, although once I get my paws on a copy of the manual/rules (will probably be another month or two for that) I might consider mercenary.  Just need to know the pros and cons of going that route first. 

 

It would let me field the tanks I want though... :devil:

 

I originally chose Ritterlich due to liking their designs, and once I found the fluff.. Liking their fluff the most.  Well, secondary to Malvernis, but...  They kind of aren't readily available just yet. 

 

Edit: after a bit of thought I'm going to go with..... Both Ritterlich and Merc listings.  Let's me build the 449th (or 549th, havent decided yet, both numbers have meanings to me - my Malvernis will probably be 442 and Templar 408 - number is off for Malvernis, I'll have to ask dad since Google won't list the original eight) "Flying Foxes", as well as the currently unnamed Merc unit (but will have "fox" of some kind in there, knowing me) 

Check out Fighting Piranha Graphics, they have some great decals under Mechwarrior and Battletech for the Clan Sea Fox.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Check out Fighting Piranha Graphics, they have some great decals under Mechwarrior and Battletech for the Clan Sea Fox.

There's a few nice ones in there to say the least! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A different sort of acquisition. Short story ahead:

 

So for Christmas I got a budget planner which is an extension that goes into this planner:

0108190951.thumb.jpg.2349d04e7d2afc70adc952170b6b2aab.jpg

 

Which comes with(you can buy) optional sticker packs:

0108190951a.thumb.jpg.24d0016557e78b53e320035d0a61f34e.jpg

 

Got these on Amazon when I ordered the planner. So now I'm pretty much obsessed and want to make/print my own pages. But this thing has 9 holes. So Michael's had a sale for half off this brand so I went and got a special hole punch and more stickers.

 

0109191114.thumb.jpg.c6b2c6b2c5fb5096515e021da2fd6e64.jpg

 

I plan on getting a planner for painting when the 18 month one comes out, for the rest of the year/next year, in March.

 

I also got my business cards but have yet to retrieve them from the mail box. Will post pictures of those when they are in my hands.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my new lathe has arrived on my doorstep.  Now I have to set it up and break in the motor before I can put anything on it to turn.  Something tells me I am not going to be able to make anything on it before the 20th

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, John Fiala said:

Got a little box set of the first three Slayers anime tv shows today.  I bought it because my kid's been watching through the first season, and we don't have the second... and it was cheaper (and smaller) to get a new set of the first three series than to find an old copy of season 2.

 

This isn't the first time I've run into that with older anime series. :)

 

 

 I see that all the time with tv shows - I replaced my box set of season one of Game of Thrones with a set containing seasons one and two, and not only was it was only marginally thicker, it was the same damn price as season two by itself... :rolleyes:

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Privateer Press Mystery Box from Black Friday finally arrived..

 

Kriel Warriors [71079]
Scattergunners [71084]
Trollkin Warders [71074]
Earthborn Dire Troll [71100]
Thumper/Pummeler - Trollbloods Weapon Crew [71104]
Swamp Troll [71047]
Trollkin Runeshapers [71089]
Pyre Troll [71067]
Troll Impaler [71073]
Minions Meat Thresher [75055]
Legion of Everblight Patch [98008]
Crucible Guard Patch [98016]

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×