34 minutes ago, haldir said:

Now to get my 3D printer working again!!

This!  much This!

I haven't had the time to play with mine in far to long

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kangaroorex said:

This!  much This!

I haven't had the time to play with mine in far to long

Some reason mine with the original bed (I have a Ender 3) the prints wouldn't stick after cleaning it. This was also the time I needed to use a bit more force to get rid of some older filament so I used 91%+ iso alc & ever since that, nothing sticks. I ended up getting a glass bed off of the Big River Site. I was going to anyways, but didn't think I would so soon. Anyways, I looked at the reviews & such before ordering & when I got the plate I sprayed some sticky spray I got from Maker Geeks (about the only thing they sent 3 days after I ordered from them.....never again will they see $$$ from me...never!!!) & the first print went well but it didn't feel like the original printing. I attempted to do a couple other prints before saying "Ehhhh" & it's sat idle ever since. As Rastl says "A idle printer is a worthless printer", I wanna get this thing going again!

I think I'm gonna watch Tom T's (Fat Dragon Games) videos & go from there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Some reason mine with the original bed (I have a Ender 3) the prints wouldn't stick after cleaning it. This was also the time I needed to use a bit more force to get rid of some older filament so I used 91%+ iso alc & ever since that, nothing sticks. I ended up getting a glass bed off of the Big River Site. I was going to anyways, but didn't think I would so soon. Anyways, I looked at the reviews & such before ordering & when I got the plate I sprayed some sticky spray I got from Maker Geeks (about the only thing they sent 3 days after I ordered from them.....never again will they see $$$ from me...never!!!) & the first print went well but it didn't feel like the original printing. I attempted to do a couple other prints before saying "Ehhhh" & it's sat idle ever since. As Rastl says "A idle printer is a worthless printer", I wanna get this thing going again!

I think I'm gonna watch Tom T's (Fat Dragon Games) videos & go from there.

mine had a failed fan and it messed everything up.  when I finally convinced the manufacture that the nozzle wasn't clogged, they sent me a new fan but in the process the z calibration had gotten messed up and for some reason the old settings were not the new.  by that time the warrantee had expired and I basically got asked why I was calling them, if I wanted to get something done I should buy another. 

So every now and then I find time to mess with the z calibration and the thread size. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Received in the mail today, couple of pieces for the LVO games

s-l500.jpg

Resin green/clear shard (about the size of a large size mini). On the base there is switch that allows it to light up or pulse fast or slow. I'm thinking about painting & doing up the base, but most likely it'll get dropped into play like so.

This will be the primary scenic piece in one of the games I'm running. Orcs are mining material off it & creating weapons. The shard is infernal in nature. PCs must stop them!!!

Also picked up a dwarf prepaint to represent a npc blacksmith that is trapped by the orcs.

s-l500.jpg

(he fits in the cages I got)

• Like 13

Stopped after work and picked up some minis from the latest Wizkids release.

Nice sculpts. Well detailed.

ABE81CE9-B6FE-47B1-891E-CE2BAB6224EC.thumb.jpeg.7887fcdb7cfeb7cc5ba3d7e938763dfe.jpeg3A3DF942-09CA-4CAE-B377-97B65DE1FFAD.thumb.jpeg.e21845da4e102ca9b83e0249608ccc73.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I'm very envious.  I wish there was a gaming store that wasn't 30 minutes and a toll away from my house...

Men at Arms hobbies, I really miss that place...

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I'm very envious.  I wish there was a gaming store that wasn't 30 minutes and a toll away from my house...

I'm envious too, while I have a few LGS' that are good for board games / TCGs none of them carry miniatures, if I want to buy minis in person I have to actually go into the city which is an hour train journey away, or an hour by car to another town in another county, but their selection isn't as good. I mainly order a lot of my minis online but if I had the option to buy locally I'm sure I'd end up with an even more stacked up shelf of shame!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

I'm envious too, while I have a few LGS' that are good for board games / TCGs none of them carry miniatures, if I want to buy minis in person I have to actually go into the city which is an hour train journey away, or an hour by car to another town in another county, but their selection isn't as good. I mainly order a lot of my minis online but if I had the option to buy locally I'm sure I'd end up with an even more stacked up shelf of shame!

Too true but it would still be nice.  I don't need the minis, I could use the community. I'm not the most outgoing person and what I have in that regard gets expended at work trying to keep dreams alive.  I would love to find a group or to to invite me in as a gamer rather than having to drive the meetings all the time...

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Too true but it would still be nice.  I don't need the minis, I could use the community. I'm not the most outgoing person and what I have in that regard gets expended at work trying to keep dreams alive.  I would love to find a group or to to invite me in as a gamer rather than having to drive the meetings all the time...

Yeah I understand that, I'm very lucky that our town had a boardgame club open last spring, this has really helped me make a whole new group of friends who I've started to bring into the RPG world as well- before this place opened I knew almost no-one locally who shared my interests and it's amazing the turn-around in developing a really active board game community- and I think if someones into board games already they're far more open to the concept of RPG's, or that's been my experience at least. Now to just convince the board game cafe to stock things like Reaper and Wizkids as well!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

ABE81CE9-B6FE-47B1-891E-CE2BAB6224EC.thumb.jpeg.7887fcdb7cfeb7cc5ba3d7e938763dfe.jpeg3A3DF942-09CA-4CAE-B377-97B65DE1FFAD.thumb.jpeg.e21845da4e102ca9b83e0249608ccc73.jpeg

I'm waiting for the Triceratops to get in.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

I'm waiting for the Triceratops to get in.

They had it there. 

Much smaller than I expected.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

More acquisitions!

This time thanks to Reapers enablement.

6A99DFF1-5053-4AC2-8F37-2B988C66C2C5.thumb.jpeg.7c62e9367e7cdff6b08572db6b70b250.jpeg

A nice mix of some oldies and some new stuff. Plus a bonus sample green paint.

Only one of the Bones Black Owlbear is mine. The other was ordered on behalf of a local forumite.

::D:

Not even 2 weeks into the new year and have already added 16 new minis to the hoard.

Good thing I resolved to cut down on mini buying for this year.:rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Not even 2 weeks into the new year and have already added 16 new minis to the hoard.

Good thing I resolved to cut down on mini buying for this year.:rolleyes:

I thought about that kind of resolution, and instead chose to go bigger minis.  That way they take up more space, and the number SEEMS lower for the year :p

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I made no such foolish resolution. HAH! 

I should have. But I also know that I am weak willed and didn't want another reason to make myself feel bad. 

• Like 7

Duckman Warrior??  How have I never seen this mini before?? Where's my shopping cart tab...

Ah, it's shiny and new!

Finally, worthy foes for my bunny horde!!!

Duck season.....Rabbit season....

Edited by Jasper_the_2nd
  • Haha 8