NEwegg has a hefty rebate on the GV62 which is what put it over the top versus an HP Omen for me..  and I shouldnt need to worry with a 1060 in it

• Like 3

In my continuing efforts to be able to find ANYTHING in my painting room, more shelves!!

new_shelves.thumb.jpg.8520515e52c6d82a14d30c2f835d51af.jpg

Got 2 of these to go with the one already in there,

Now maybe I'll have enough shelf space to actually organize things, instead of just piling them.

• Like 10

I took a gamble and ordered primer despite the freezing temperatures. I now own 2oz bottles of Badger Stynylrez in black, gray, and white. I want to order the colored primers, but they'll have to wait until I have more money and the weather starts to clear.

• Like 11

Just bought Xenonauts at the Humble Bundle website. I've been interested in this game for awhile because I love Xcom but just didn't feel like paying $30 for it. Got it for $8.30 canadian. Downloading it from Steam now.

• Like 10

Acquired in the mail today:

Typhoon Paint Rack

s-l1600.jpg

(Stock pic off Robert's ebay page)

After @SGHawkins09 post in regards to her HobbyZone setup & me following that up with a pic of  my HZ rack & realizing that it only held 54 bottles of pant. I decided to try out Robert's paint rack. Again, seeing this in person at ReaperCon helped with the purchase. 

Seeing how small the rack is when it's un-assembled  is surprisingly since it holds 76 bottles. Hoping this is a permanent solution to my ever growing paint collection. I'll assemble tomorrow sometime!

• Like 12

12 hours ago, haldir said:

Acquired in the mail today:

Typhoon Paint Rack

Seeing how small the rack is when it's un-assembled  is surprisingly since it holds 76 bottles. Hoping this is a permanent solution to my ever growing paint collection. I'll assemble tomorrow sometime!

One rack?

Where do you plan to keep the rest of your paints?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

One rack?

I thought that too. I mean, I don't consider myself to have all that many paints, but I could probably fill that spiffy paint rack up.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

In my continuing efforts to be able to find ANYTHING in my painting room, more shelves!!

new_shelves.thumb.jpg.8520515e52c6d82a14d30c2f835d51af.jpg

Got 2 of these to go with the one already in there,

Now maybe I'll have enough shelf space to actually organize things, instead of just piling them.

Be careful assembling that thing. I bought one and it split badly at the corners when assembling. Here's hoping yours is built better than mine was!

Today's haul;

4 Dr. Who DVDs, Tthe Valiant movie on BlueRay, and Cannonball Run 2, also on DVD. 

I also got a whole stack of plastic pocket sheets for binders.  Some for holding collecting cards, some that might be suitable for bookmarks, and yeah, a few others because why not?

(quite a few minis comes with a card, it seems there's a rule that all KS projects must include bookmarks...  )

I may not have time to paint tonight...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

One rack?

Test rack.

Knowing Robert's eye for quality, I'm sure I'll be ordering more from him in the future. Also, this was a impulse buy after coming home Monday night after D&D. It was more or less, seen it in my Save for later cart on ebay & figured Ah, hell. BUY IT NOW!!

• Like 7

I picked up some of the last BrokenToad brushes - the set of rounds. I should have snagged some flats too; oh well. Did get some of their brush conditioner too, to see how it compares with the master's soap. 

Also snagged the Templar Knight Tutorial PDFs by Riccardo Agostini. 50+ pages of how-to goodness and in depth methodology. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Be careful assembling that thing. I bought one and it split badly at the corners when assembling. Here's hoping yours is built better than mine was!

I've got the metal versions holding 90% of my minis & the rest of my paint collection (some are in those Painter 80 spin racks) & other hobby related stuff. I've got the plastic ones (like above) holding the scale model stuff, thou the kits are mostly in the garage. I really need to scale that down. Funny having a FLGS that I get to run D&D & Starfinder (hopefully) games will do to you hobby priorities!

Acquired last Monday but spaced off posting here. Game Kastle Nolzur's order:

xNhyjHT4cItsCSyu4n-uKjxjs2bcl6ThAcdVJTrI

Old Wave:

Cage (the base was a tad bit warped but 90% of the cage fits inside it).

Drow (male & female) Drow paladin player on Monday nights love the figure!! SUCCESS!!

New Wave

Treant. Love the fact he has 4 arms. While he is alive looking, he'll make for a great undead one for Vegas

Wolves: like @Darsc Zacal said in his post they are a tad bit small but they are nice figures + they are cheap vs prepainted ones (have you seen the prices those go for??? jeesh!) Thou, they are scaled for Nolzur's/Deep Cuts.

Pack Mules: Let the train begin!

Carrion Crawler: Nice figure.

Goliath male fighters. Great figures. The one with the hammer is the pregen fighter for my Vegas game using the Wizkids prepainted figures for PCs

Tabiaxi male rogues: Great figures. They are tall, like Glen Harris's Reaper figures. One will be a pregen rogue for Vegas.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

No problems so far. One down, one to go.  The next one requires moving a LOT of stuff first though......

• Like 2

I bought a cheap-ish electric toothbrush to make stripping minis easier as I'm massively preferring painting up the wizkids minis once the vallejo primer they're dipped in has been stripped off and a fresh, thin, coat has been applied... but it has one of those bathroom plug ends and it hadn't even occurred to me it would have that so I need to buy an adapter too as we don't have a bathroom plug socket in this flat. Has anyone used an electric toothbrush for this use?

• Like 2