10 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I've been scared to look until the next extruder got here. Didn't want to jinx it.

New springs are currently in Calgary, so I'll likely wait and do all the upgrades at once (cause changing a whole bunch of things always makes it easier to figure out any problems.)

Heh, yah reason why I did the extruder & springs, along with a dampener on the Z axis before I started printing. When I built mine I followed a web tutorial from a guy named MakerSteve. I think the next upgrade I'm gonna do is replace the knob on the control panel. I'm starting to see why some people have said it can be a pain to scroll through menus. Thou, I've went with a green & yellow color scheme on mine & the only colors I can find are silver, plain black & blue chrome. (Amazon at least) 1st world problems!!! :lol:

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Dang that's a sexy skeleton. But it's also a KD miniature, which, from what I've read about them, means it's probably going to come in about 20 pieces, be a pain in the keister to assemble, and cost way more than I'm willing to spend on a single normal-sized mini. And I'd never be able to paint it well enough to do it justice, either.

So?    

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

So?    

So I have plenty of disincentive to add it to my collection because of those things. It's my way of exercising some mild self control. Especially when I've got 99% of soon to be 4 Bones kickstarters to paint first. My painted mini count is in the low double digits. My unpainted count is approaching the middle 4 digit range. I don't need to be buying more.

Which is why I have a box with around 15 minis in it showing up later today...

But they're all essential, and there's no chance at all that any of them are duplicates of minis that I already own and am just too lazy to look for! That's 100% truth! I swear it on my perfectly healthy right arm that absolutely doesn't have a bunch of painful implanted titanium hardware holding my humerus together!

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

34 minutes ago, haldir said:

Heh, yah reason why I did the extruder & springs, along with a dampener on the Z axis before I started printing. When I built mine I followed a web tutorial from a guy named MakerSteve. I think the next upgrade I'm gonna do is replace the knob on the control panel. I'm starting to see why some people have said it can be a pain to scroll through menus. Thou, I've went with a green & yellow color scheme on mine & the only colors I can find are silver, plain black & blue chrome. (Amazon at least) 1st world problems!!! :lol:

Depending on the type of knob you're looking for and what style of shaft it is...  Might have luck with Thonk (in the UK), SynthCube (in the US), or Small Bear Electronics (also in the US).  First two deal in DIY synthesizer stuff, and have a wide variety of knob types, as well as ones for round type and d-shaft potentiometers, and for various diameters too. 

Also....  Various coffee supplies ordered (new hand cranked burr grinder, a coffee scale, and four bags of coffee fro Rosso in Calgary (grinder and scale from Eight Ounce Supply)), as well as minis from Talon Games (4x Fire Drake, CAV rule book with Ritterlich minis) and while I was tempted to wait until tomorrow to get the free minis I ordered from Reaper as well (3x 40mm bases, 2x Cheetah CAV, 1x Rhino II CAV, 1x Sabretooth CAV, 1x Tiamat CAV) so there's a chance I'll be able to pick it up next week. 

Also finally "broke down" and bought a copy of Geekbench3 and Geekbench4 as they have mostly full points on HWBot now. ^_^

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Depending on the type of knob you're looking for and what style of shaft it is...  Might have luck with Thonk (in the UK), SynthCube (in the US), or Small Bear Electronics (also in the US).  First two deal in DIY synthesizer stuff, and have a wide variety of knob types, as well as ones for round type and d-shaft potentiometers, and for various diameters too. 

To be honest I really haven't looked into them so it's nice to know other sources. I can print a knob as there is a file on Thingiverse. I like it but there is something about it I don't like & the one on Amazon popped up on a recommendation list. One thing if I printed it, at least it would be the color of the other items I've printed for the printer already.

• Like 5

Had to put my last nozzle on last night, so ordered a big pack of assorted nozzles today, with a spool of black amazonbasics filament to try out and a jar of low carb sugar free nutella equivalent, which should be here in time for Valentine's Day.

Reaper order will likely go in tomorrow or over the weekend.

• Like 4

Wasn't expecting this to come today....

BnB_beast_of_N.thumb.jpg.517fbcf20f23d1f9761b49031eb77284.jpg

Oathsworn's latest KS, including their first 2 resin figures: Forni Long-fur,  badger mage and Skegg the Oak, beaver mercenary.  They look lovely, as do all the metals, as always.

• Like 19

Spaced off a mini that I put into the cart with the Pitax Warden prepaints:

Wizkids spell effects: Cloud of Daggers

1322328.jpg

I figured I'd check out one of the minis in this set before committing to buying the entire set (if ever). I recall having Bigby's Grasping Hand as well in the order but it must have been out of stock by the time I placed the order. Eh, oh well.

I also noticed I had a eBay bucks reward sitting in my cart, had I noticed I would have just used it on the minis but I had it & I thought about ordering the new Nolzur's Fire giant but I'd rather give that sale to one of my local retailers carrying it instead so I opted again to order anther one of Robert Kennedy's 75 count paint racks! Gotta love getting it for 5 bucks less then retail as well.

Robert's Typhoon 75 count paint rack

• Like 12

Got my Reaper order in. And it had the Bones Black Owlbear in it! I was a little worried, since the first business day after I placed the order they put out the notice that they were all gone, but it was in the box. Also, this is the first time I've gotten some of the recolored Bones minis that are light gray and weren't part of a kickstarter. I'd gotten some of the less bright white Bones before, and they're nice because they're easier to see detail on, but the light gray is just amazing because you can see everything.

77018: Skeletal Archer (3)
77245: Skeleton Warrior Archer (3) 
77341: Lions (2) 
77046: Bat Swarm x2
03432: DHL Classics: Undead Hounds 
77573: War Pugs (3) 
77454: Ogre Clubber 

Everything in the order is intended for Kings of War and Vanguard. 

• Like 10

On 1/31/2019 at 10:53 AM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Oathsworn's latest KS, including their first 2 resin figures: Forni Long-fur,  badger mage and Skegg the Oak, beaver mercenary.  They look lovely, as do all the metals, as always.

They are both WONDERFUL looking minis, but I LOVE the one with the pipe. Have a ball painting them, Jasper!

• Like 8

I just found dino rider miniatures, in the same scale as all my Battletech stuff.

My wallet is already whimpering.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

On 1/31/2019 at 8:53 AM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Congratulations. Those look great! And Wow you got them fast!

Still waiting for mine to arrive here on Canada’s West Coast.

What I did get today was...

C4A6FE75-D506-4B02-8B2B-2AB5D3F43B9E.thumb.jpeg.914f150f4608e02b03578688659af526.jpeg

F76BC9BA-9D7D-447B-8426-ED739D46B9CF.thumb.jpeg.8073b4eaac7154355a64687d7e68b166.jpeg

Not something I’d usually get except a) Robots and b) Fallout and c) It’s not in the style of Funkos Pop figures.

The other thing I bought today was...

E7DC1A96-0416-498E-8F6C-165A00BA8FA9.thumb.jpeg.d002ff9296fe675dadc866fa0b087422.jpeg

A dice case where all the bad dice go.

2316200F-96EF-49B5-9725-5F7C1D76EBD6.thumb.jpeg.7febb4b91b8e781890a6ce7931781e30.jpeg

They know what they did.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

I got a new sewing machine! Doing a project for my step mom then intend to start sewing and maybe selling dice bags.

So far it's much better than the old one. I've only had to fix one thing and that was my error. 

1963241371_JPEG_20190202_1502112.thumb.jpg.cfc93b66a5bc73ed2cdbeda416ad8f4e.jpg

• Like 15

2 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I got a new sewing machine! Doing a project for my step mom then intend to start sewing and maybe selling dice bags.

So far it's much better than the old one. I've only had to fix one thing and that was my error. 

1963241371_JPEG_20190202_1502112.thumb.jpg.cfc93b66a5bc73ed2cdbeda416ad8f4e.jpg

Oooo! Nice! I am totally jealous!

• Like 4