Just got a new razor. Made by the Edwin Jagger company for the Art of Manliness, it is gorgeous.

mNxoK4H.jpg

• Like 9

Today's deliveries:

fire_drake_and_enforcer.jpg.1f0485a197774acef307b52789d51118.jpg

The  CAV Secret Santa  person who had my name ran into some issues and didn't send anything (as of yet anyway). So the awesome organizer @jsalyers sent me a Fire Drake and @CAVBOSS added in an Enforcer. ::D:

And in my continuing quest to try every brand of PLA available :upside:,  a package from big A was dropped at my door by a very fast delivery guy (he was already back in the truck in the time it took me to get the 10 feet from my chair to the door in response to the bell).  It contained this:

amazonbasics_black.jpg.8085cd0de7b6fc98f32a08a4c4e383d3.jpg

Not pictured is the jar of sugar free "nutella" like spread, which my wife has already absconded with .....

8 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I now have in my possession and 8oz bottle of super glue. Hoping it works well. It's labeled as "thick viscosity" and not a gel like I have been using so hoping it will work for what I need it to.

15494804735964929125473213416425.thumb.jpg.0d4d5384e6c2aee274bec8ee23902d28.jpg

I could would make one heck of a mess with a bottle of super glue that size!!

• Like 12

That is one BIG bottle of CA.    

You know this stuff tends to go bad after a while?

(A friend of mine says that 6months after purchase it's time to throw it away)

I use small bottles, and generally toss it 3 months after the first time I open it if I use it a lot.

(write the date on the bottle)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Today's deliveries:

fire_drake_and_enforcer.jpg.1f0485a197774acef307b52789d51118.jpg

The  CAV Secret Santa  person who had my name ran into some issues and didn't send anything (as of yet anyway). So the awesome organizer @jsalyers sent me a Fire Drake and @CAVBOSS added in an Enforcer. ::D:

And in my continuing quest to try every brand of PLA available :upside:,  a package from big A was dropped at my door by a very fast delivery guy (he was already back in the truck in the time it took me to get the 10 feet from my chair to the door in response to the bell).  It contained this:

amazonbasics_black.jpg.8085cd0de7b6fc98f32a08a4c4e383d3.jpg

Not pictured is the jar of sugar free "nutella" like spread, which my wife has already absconded with .....

I could would make one heck of a mess with a bottle of super glue that size!!

I'm hoping to be able to take a pin or something and stick in the tip so I don't make a huge mess. But we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I'm hoping to be able to take a pin or something and stick in the tip so I don't make a huge mess. But we'll have to wait and see.

I hear things like that work for other people. For me, that just means I get to stab myself while making a mess.  At least the super glue will seal up the wound.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I use small bottles, and generally toss it 3 months after the first time I open it if I use it a lot.

Yeah, I know. I've got a pretty extensive project to assemble. If that's all it gets me through it's not a big deal. Will definitely write the date on it. Hoping it's suggestion of refrigerating will help extend life but I don't expect by much.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

You can store it in rice and that will help it stay good. Since water helps the chemical reaction along that sets it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2019 at 6:09 PM, redambrosia said:
On 2/6/2019 at 2:31 PM, Gadgetman! said:

You can store it in rice and that will help it stay good. Since water helps the chemical reaction along that sets it. 

Or you can save those dessicant packets that come in some boxes/bags of food to keep them fresh; the bags that say "Do not eat, this is not food" (it's either sodium sulfate or silica gel). Throw those bags into a sealed jar with your CA glue.

I also endorse using plumber's tape around the threads in your bottle's cap. And if you have to screw a nozzle on the tube before 1st use, around those threads too.

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Received this week (so far):

Portable Paint Station from Warmage.de (from their KS)

20190206_150243.thumb.jpg.9debdfe0116ee8ee7755d12639c36495.jpg

Just have to get it put together (when I can acquire instructions in english)

For my 3D printing hobby:

20190206_151515.thumb.jpg.778e27adabd68c4ace025ede6f28c021.jpg

And last but not least, my monthly tithe to Reaper:

20190206_171309.thumb.jpg.4ebed829d7ed7d4dcae66f24f8c77af0.jpg

The sample paint appears to have survived the below 20F temp we had today.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Just got a new razor. Made by the Edwin Jagger company for the Art of Manliness, it is gorgeous.

mNxoK4H.jpg

Oooooh.  Kind of wanted one of those (I have a RazoRock... Mentor I think?) but I'll probably just jump up and go with the Rockwell 6S at some point (and a Harry's Razors Truman set too, for when I need a quick shave, and can't afford the 13 minutes). 

Voskhod blades are my main ones atm, but my favourite is Rapira Platinum (which I really should order more of) as they glide nicer. 

.... My Talon Games order is in town, Wooohooo!  Reaper order is somewhere after Ontario, which is nice.  Will see if it comes in on Friday or Monday though. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oooooh.  Kind of wanted one of those (I have a RazoRock... Mentor I think?) but I'll probably just jump up and go with the Rockwell 6S at some point (and a Harry's Razors Truman set too, for when I need a quick shave, and can't afford the 13 minutes). 

Voskhod blades are my main ones atm, but my favourite is Rapira Platinum (which I really should order more of) as they glide nicer. 

.... My Talon Games order is in town, Wooohooo!  Reaper order is somewhere after Ontario, which is nice.  Will see if it comes in on Friday or Monday though. 

Check out the Art of Manliness store, it was on sale for $23! Better made than a Merkur. I like Derby blades but my favorite ones are the Israeli made ones from the Dollar Store!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

mNxoK4H.jpg

Very nice razor, congrats! That should give you a lifetime of excellent service.

I have a 60's era Gillette Super Speed that I've used for the decade or so. Derby's are nice and I use them often and I have a large box of Astra Platinum's that I've been working through for the last two years.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Check out the Art of Manliness store, it was on sale for $23! Better made than a Merkur. I like Derby blades but my favorite ones are the Israeli made ones from the Dollar Store!

Huh, they do ship to Canada.  Neat.  I usually order from ItalianBarber, but I'm hoping to switch over to Maggard Razors since I want an MR5 and an MR18 handle anyways (and their v3 heads), and the MR18 can come in a black combo... Neat.

• Like 2

Latest acquisitions are a package from Reaper (inks, washes and liners)

The latest HPLHS DART production ; The Masks of Nyarlathotep (I pre-ordered this back in August - well worth the wait!)

The rest is various music equipment, mostly FX pedals, my other addiction! :D

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, DanH said:

Very nice razor, congrats! That should give you a lifetime of excellent service.

I have a 60's era Gillette Super Speed that I've used for the decade or so. Derby's are nice and I use them often and I have a large box of Astra Platinum's that I've been working through for the last two years.

Yup, my usual razors are a couple older Gillettes, a Diplomat and a Knack. The Merkur razors weren't as good.

• Like 2