Felt a bit misty-eyed this morning so I ordered this:

0005761_mars-rover_620.png

Fascination- Metal Earth, DIY metal kit of Opportunity (& Spirit as well).

I told myself I wasn't going to go the route of my models & minis with these (build what I got before ordering more) but I'll make an exception this time around.

• Like 17

39 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Today's addition to my pile of unpainted minis.

IMG_20190214_183629__01.jpg

From that angle he looks like he's doing his Elvis impersonation.

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From that angle he looks like he's doing his Elvis impersonation.

Owlvis Presley?

Just received one of these in mail today as well.

First impressions:

I like the Bones Black.

It has a good feel to the material, you can actually feel how crisp the molding is.

The pegs on the feet don't line up with the sockets in the base.  I have about a mm of misalignment to deal with.

Mold lines will be easily dealt with, it looks like it's near tabletop level right out of the package and I had to inspect it under my swing arm magnifying lamp to see some of them.  Easy clean up by dragging a blade across and finishing up with a fine emery board.

The one wing being attached is going to present some problems come painting time.

Please Reaper, either leave these parts separate or tell us what to use for a solvent to break the glue joint without damaging the figure.

Overall, I am very pleased with the new materioal

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

A future acquisition for sure once Reaper releases it. (no date announced)

New Reaper Storm Giant sculpt shown off on tonight’s Reaper Live episode.

57E41605-F38E-4CAB-B2B0-3078DE6DB448.thumb.png.3456f4aa1977059a2e7529fb188c5923.png9CC0B80C-6FA0-4084-B812-17B09DF167D1.thumb.png.9fc34b8acf552cc94c0e545e25bfd7e6.png

Finally a giant sized Reaper giant that looks like it’ll compete nicely with those that Wizkids have been putting out.

Plus Reaper hinted more might be on their way.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Is... Is that a new comparison mini? 

Fox acquired impatience with two packages full of goodies on the way, might have to stop by local art shop to get brush soap to quench said impatience! ^_^

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

A future acquisition for sure once Reaper releases it. (no date announced)

New Reaper Storm Giant sculpt shown off on tonight’s Reaper Live episode.

57E41605-F38E-4CAB-B2B0-3078DE6DB448.thumb.png.3456f4aa1977059a2e7529fb188c5923.png9CC0B80C-6FA0-4084-B812-17B09DF167D1.thumb.png.9fc34b8acf552cc94c0e545e25bfd7e6.png

Finally a giant sized Reaper giant that looks like it’ll compete nicely with those that Wizkids have been putting out.

Plus Reaper hinted more might be on their way.

Ooh! That's a really good looking Zeus! Also, hey! That's my super glue! Give it back! I need it!

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Is... Is that a new comparison mini? 

The mini next to the giant is 02910: Cheetah Girl.  They were showing off some of their old metal figures this episode to showcase what's come before and is still available.  That's something they could easily do more often, given the depth of their catalog.  

They are going to introduce a paper catalog for Bones, starting in March or April, which you will be able to get with your order.  They said more details are forthcoming.  They mentioned the order would need to be big enough that the catalog would physically fit in the box.  Not sure how big that is.

• Like 6

Received my Oathsworn Burrows and Badgers minis from their latest kickstarter! ::D:

E9EAFED0-005D-41FE-8691-7797234014F8.thumb.jpeg.373d389b3d1628204b4694b9fdeef164.jpeg

Just going through the minis now. I know other people have said this but I think the sculpts Michael is doing are getting more and more impressive.

And they were great to start with.

• Like 14

Yeah. I've already started painting some of mine.

(The signpost and the notice board. Going to have to order some new decals from ginfritters to fit the notice board, though)

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Serenity said:

The mini next to the giant is 02910: Cheetah Girl.  They were showing off some of their old metal figures this episode to showcase what's come before and is still available.  That's something they could easily do more often, given the depth of their catalog.  

They are going to introduce a paper catalog for Bones, starting in March or April, which you will be able to get with your order.  They said more details are forthcoming.  They mentioned the order would need to be big enough that the catalog would physically fit in the box.  Not sure how big that is.

Ahhh, nice to see the change, but also surprising it isn't Sir Forscale there ^_^

And ooooh, paper catalogues huh?  That'll be a nice treat to say the least...  Casual browsing through a catalog is always fun (and dangerous to the wallet!)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Yeah. I've already started painting some of mine.

(The signpost and the notice board. Going to have to order some new decals from ginfritters to fit the notice board, though)

@Gadgetman! it is very easy to print your own decals. Testor's makes decal paper for use in printers. Run off what you want give it a few coats of clear spray paint and you are done.

• Like 2

Yes, I know you can make decals. I actually have some sheets of the correct papers, but if ginfritters have something that works...   

Less work for me...

Also, I don't like cutting up a sheet for just one or two small decals. It's such a waste. 

• Like 4