The stars aligned just right this evening.

The previews Games Workshop put out today of some of their new space adventurers finally convinced me to suck it up and pay the ridonkulous prices people were charging for the Blackstone Fortress Explorers Set on Ebay.

And managed to snag the last set that someone was selling at a somewhat sensible price.

• Like 7

So had a second interview with a company today. Think it went pretty well but we'll see.
The important bit to this topic is that their offices are 5 minutes from the shiny new Princess Auto store (apparently similar to Harbor Freight in the US),  So I had to pop in.

PA_2019_02_15.thumb.jpg.29e4e447af367366a6348df51499d9b0.jpg

So what I was looking for was the gizmo on the left, a deburring tool.  Great for taking the edges of a brim off 3D prints, apparently.  Then I found the funky curved files.  Thought they may be good for some of the places that flats won't fit.  We'll see.  And then I spotted the little bar clamps.  Hadn't see such little ones before.  Perfect for making buildings and things like foam core paint racks, which I need to make more of.  I was incredibly restrained and only got 4. 

• Like 14

Well, I guess it's an Acquisition as I was billed for it today. Got the Ship package from Starship III Kickstarter for 3D printers. Still don't have a printer but it turns out a gamer at one of my LGS's has one and loves starships in a Starfinder game, so we may work something out!

• Like 8

1334317601_2019-02-1522_03_37.thumb.jpg.7b44efef56e0c89dcdc8a48c2dead83f.jpg

So, some people I know twisted my arm (merely mentioned) about playing Gas lands.  So, in addition to the rule book, this happened today.

The army men are going to be dismembered for weapons.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Then I found the funky curved files.  Thought they may be good for some of the places that flats won't fit.

I hope you find them to be. I have found my riffler files to be indispensable at times. Particularly when an arm gets in the way of getting at a torso or the flanks. My set has a few other wickedly curved ones that have rare uses, but worth the buy.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

So had a second interview with a company today. Think it went pretty well but we'll see.
The important bit to this topic is that their offices are 5 minutes from the shiny new Princess Auto store (apparently similar to Harbor Freight in the US),  So I had to pop in.

PA_2019_02_15.thumb.jpg.29e4e447af367366a6348df51499d9b0.jpgSo what I was looking for was the gizmo on the left, a deburring tool.  Great for taking the edges of a brim off 3D prints, apparently.  Then I found the funky curved files.  Thought they may be good for some of the places that flats won't fit.  We'll see.  And then I spotted the little bar clamps.  Hadn't see such little ones before.  Perfect for making buildings and things like foam core paint racks, which I need to make more of.  I was incredibly restrained and only got 4. 

I have 'a few' of the smallest size of those clamps...  

Be very careful when clamping foamcore as it's very easy to apply more pressure than needed with them. 

(use scrap pieces of foamcore to pad out where the clamp grips)

9 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Scored one of my miniature holy grails, Ar-Fienal from Studio McVey. 

80F60E8B-C5F2-46CD-B85D-F86B3FB5ED6F.jpeg.410625259074263f39cb8e57ca287a0f.jpeg

Just beautiful.   

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

1334317601_2019-02-1522_03_37.thumb.jpg.7b44efef56e0c89dcdc8a48c2dead83f.jpg

So, some people I know twisted my arm (merely mentioned) about playing Gas lands.  So, in addition to the rule book, this happened today.

The army men are going to be dismembered for weapons.

Oooh, I hadn't thought of using those cheap army men for weapons!!  You, sir, are brilliant!  The crane is a neat idea too! 

• Like 6

On 2/14/2019 at 11:40 PM, Darsc Zacal said:

A future acquisition for sure once Reaper releases it. (no date announced)

New Reaper Storm Giant sculpt shown off on tonight’s Reaper Live episode.

57E41605-F38E-4CAB-B2B0-3078DE6DB448.thumb.png.3456f4aa1977059a2e7529fb188c5923.png9CC0B80C-6FA0-4084-B812-17B09DF167D1.thumb.png.9fc34b8acf552cc94c0e545e25bfd7e6.png

Finally a giant sized Reaper giant that looks like it’ll compete nicely with those that Wizkids have been putting out.

Plus Reaper hinted more might be on their way.

Thats the first new mini I've been super excited out outside of Bones 4..

• Like 9

Just preordered the Wizards Conclave and plastic Wizards for Frostgrave, and tickets to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum in March. 

• Like 11

Wednesday's delivery was a Typhoon Paint Mixer.  It's much better than the Robart mixer (i.e. faster for the same amount of mixing).

Today's acquisitions were for inspiration: a wildflower guide, a butterfly guide, and The People of Pern, a book of portraits of various characters from Anne McCaffrey's Pern books done by Robin Wall.  Now I just need to find shelf space...

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
Clarification, typo fix
  • Like 10

Am at a science fiction convention. Found these vintage RAFM siege engines in the dealers’ room:

B65D4DB0-EBC5-4F32-9339-F45E063046D0.thumb.jpeg.8fb31594ae8f8edcdb7a133883556f40.jpeg

The packaging has been through a lot, but the contents are pristine.

Also acquired: the first books each in Seanan McGuire’s InCryptid series and her October Daye series. And Martha Wells’ All Systems Red, the first of the Murderbot Diaries, which I have already read and enjoyed.

• Like 12

I got all the fabric and notions to make my baby a dragon outfit. She's going to be a purple and silver dragon :wub: 

I also found this cute print with dragons and castles on it. Not sure what I'm going to make with it, but it's hecking cute.

• Like 12

I ordered Raphael 8404 brushes in size 0, 1, and 2 from Blick and they arrived today!  I'm excited to try them out and see how they compare to the cheap Amazon brushes I've been using until this point.

• Like 9