Received my Happy Seppuku stamps today. I also received the replacement mod for my vape that broke last week. It showed up a lot earlier than I expected, so now I'm kinda mad that I bought a holdover replacement locally on Saturday. Oh well. Now I've got a spare. Just need to buy a second tank in the future and it'll be ready to go at all times.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Auberon said:

And from Kimera Dhalya the Fairy:

fairy.jpg

Well that's interesting.  Kimera partially assembled her with a "very resistant special glue."  The stated purpose behind the experiment was to make it impossible for recasters to copy it.  I wonder if we'll see more of these expensive resin kits do this.

Unfortunately the packing material was the green plastic grass used in Easter baskets all over the US.  I'm not sure how I plan to get it all back in there.

• Like 9

On 3/10/2019 at 5:59 PM, NebulousMissy said:

We had to acquire a Windows 7 key. The old key was attached to an empty computer case that got lost in a move. Luckily we were able to buy a legit key for under $20. Yay for "old" software.

I'm trying to find one myself, I had isolated windows 7 SSDs for work and fun on my PC, (isolated information y'know?) and one's pretty much tanked.

I really dont wanna get 10...

Also my happy seppuku stamps arrived as well, still sad they're closing.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Auberon said:

One of my orders has arrived. I am once again making purchases from companies I haven't tried yet.

From Black Crow Miniatures the Wraith:

0604d4_676c44d349e24b57a2c779b4a4d56e7c~

I really, really need that mini. I mean, I didn't even know it existed five minutes ago, but I truly need it now :ph34r:

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Picked up that Light Box from them as well awhile back. I also bought the small lazy susan as well. Fits perfectly inside!

The light it sheds is a tad bit off but it may just have been my settings. I kinda got a dark effect, (like something hazy in the picture) overall on the pic.

Airbrush Cleaning Pot - Painting Tools (cheapest price I've seen for a glass jar, even with shipping!! Since I'm not airbrushing right now, I can handle the wait.)

Reveal hidden contents

71g4el+16bL._SX679_.jpg

I knew I forget something! Ah well, the lazy susan gives me an excuse to make another order soon. There's always more nifty stuff on that site, the only problem is the shipping costs ::(:

Those airbrush cleaning pots are an absolute essential for me. They remove one layer of complexity, which is good because I find airbrushing a fairly stressful procedure. It either goes perfectly or I mess it up big time...

6 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The Adventure Paths are mostly complete, with only a few missing since they were gifted to other friends. She's keeping a few of the large campaign books since they're signed by people that my friend really admired (fun fact: my friend's wife actually did the artwork for the RPGMP3 advertisement in the back of Rise of the Drow, it was based on their actual party members at the time). Even now I've been thumbing through the paths that we had done, remembering the Shattered Star podcasts that we all had created together.. He was a consummate GM who could tell a story with the best of them,  and having all of this makes me feel that I still have a part of him with me: his kindness, his creativity, and his cleverness.

I miss him terribly.

My 'like' was to show my appreciation of the wonderful memories that you have of your friend, not because of how unhappy you are. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

• Like 6

On 3/8/2019 at 8:29 PM, Evilhalfling said:

Went by the Happy Seppku shop - they sold out of the 4-5 stamps I wanted most, ah well.  

I have a pretty good selection. You're welcome to borrow some if you need. Let me know at or before this Sat.

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Picked up that Light Box from them as well awhile back. I also bought the small lazy susan as well. Fits perfectly inside!

The light it sheds is a tad bit off but it may just have been my settings. I kinda got a dark effect, (like something hazy in the picture) overall on the pic.

If you're using a white background, it's likely that your camera is darkening the whole image so that it averages out at a medium gray. I'd recommend about a +1.5 stop exposure compensation or a gray background.

(Actually, I'd recommend not using a lightbox, since they don't usually work as well as a couple of desk lamps, but there you go.)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Auberon said:

One of my orders has arrived. I am once again making purchases from companies I haven't tried yet.

fairy.jpg

I JUST cleaned my copy of the Wraith last night..

I too will add that Kimera model to my wishlist...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

I'm trying to find one myself, I had isolated windows 7 SSDs for work and fun on my PC, (isolated information y'know?) and one's pretty much tanked.

I really dont wanna get 10...

You know, as long as you have the license number, you can reinstall the win 7 after reboot or a new drive.  When my company went from 7 to 10 (my IT department thinks they know what's best) they were buying 7 machines and reimaging them, we spent some time stripping the license information off of them for use in the process networks.  It's worked well for us.

I feel so of bad about seppuku. I liked their product but, other than the ones I already have. I just don't have the need.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Auberon said:

From Nuts Planet Red Ridinghood:

745e35_b3f6b6ef24cb4a6d805d323e463407b8.

fairy.jpg

That Fairy is gorgeous!

• Like 4

The Euro site finally got the Efreeti in stock... 

So, my monthly pledge ended up looking like this;

02017 Scorpius Rex Dracus

02029 Princess Elena 

02030 Sarah The Seeress 

02031 Michelle Dancing 

02051 Cecilia the Trickster

02101 Jade of the Veils 

02141 Alexis Spellsinger 

14025 Kyla, Bounty Hunter

14128 Moraia, Overlords Hero 

Plus, of course the 'free' Efreeti... ;-)

• Like 10

12 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Yea. It's a bummer to see a shop like that go under, regardless of if it's by choice or by necessity. The minis hobby is full of small shops like that, and even if I've never bought anything from them it still sucks to see them go out of business. Especially if they've got cool stuff.

6 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I feel so of bad about seppuku. I liked their product but, other than the ones I already have. I just don't have the need.

I don't exactly have the need either, but I do have a want of variety. It's one of my flaws that I will buy things I don't need simply because I want the option of having them later. It has led to a bit of clutter. And a lot of wasted money over the years, because quite a few things I've done that with are perishable. But these aren't. So when the time comes that I actually have all sorts of time to work on minis, I'll be able to put them all to good use.

12 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Those airbrush cleaning pots are an absolute essential for me. They remove one layer of complexity, which is good because I find airbrushing a fairly stressful procedure. It either goes perfectly or I mess it up big time...

Yea, the pot comes in handy. And honestly, I airbrush so infrequently that I never have to worry about it needing emptied either. Everything just drys out inside the pot. I may have a huge buildup that needs scraping out in the future, but whatever. I'm lazy now, and a soak in paint thinner for a few days will let me be lazy in the future, too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Yea, the pot comes in handy. And honestly, I airbrush so infrequently that I never have to worry about it needing emptied either. Everything just drys out inside the pot. I may have a huge buildup that needs scraping out in the future, but whatever. I'm lazy now, and a soak in paint thinner for a few days will let me be lazy in the future, too.

Just dump a bit of nailpolish remover into the pot, shake it about, then leave it alone for a minute or three. Then you can hook the paint residue and just pull it all out...      

Cleaned my pot for the first time last month... 

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 4

Yay! I can finally order my Bones Efreeti!

Being good and just getting her, rather than putting in a large enough order to qualify for a freebie.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Excuse me while I head off to order that fairy... 

EDIt: Never mind. Kimera is sold out, El Greco haven't received any yet, all the other retailes are taking a big chunk extra cash, and I'm not stooping to order a recast from Chnia...   

(Eh, the name ot the country is close enough... like most of their goods... )

I just ordered that Fairy!

El Greco has it back in stock!

( I had an email confirmation and ordered it, resistance was futile, this is a 200mm bust!)

• Like 5

My Dhalya fairy and paints still need to ship. *twiddles fingers*

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I just ordered that Fairy!

El Greco has it back in stock!

( I had an email confirmation and ordered it, resistance was futile, this is a 200mm bust!)

Oh?

It doesn't show up in thhe store. 

• Like 3