OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions, the Second

258 posts in this topic

Picked up 17 books and a full run of the Dark Horror Adventure Theatre radio plays from the the HPLHS while at Necronomicon Providence this past weekend.  Highlights include a book of letters exchanged between HPL and Robert E. Howard and a folio version of "Pickman's Model" illustrated by Nick Blinko.

The Egg

9 people like this

Acquired several volumes of the collected comic book "Lumberjanes" by Shannon Watters, Grace Ellis, Brooke A. Allen and Noelle Stevenson.

It is sweet and silly and funny.

6 people like this

Ikea assembly complete!

20170821_214626.thumb.jpg.10b129156a4271b69e1c59038800754f.jpg

15 people like this

Sexy

2 people like this

Could use a few more bottles of paint on top, but yeah, looks good so far!

6 people like this

18 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Could use a few more bottles of paint on top, but yeah, looks good so far!

Top two middle drawers are two full paint caddies.. i just need to buy another stand :)  the two stands I have only hold half my paint 

Going to try and find a 20 x 11 rack to fill the drawers 

7 people like this

The 2nd part of my ReaperCon costume showed up yesterday. It replaces the one I had to send back. Allot better quality in this one.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Bought more souvenirs that will be used for the hobby. I got another smaller Greek Column I can use as a plinth for busts. Also several magnets in terra cotta I can use as scenery. And...ehhh. a statuette large...a giant Cobra...made from albaster stone. I will paint it up for my Lost World. One can never have enough snakes...pics later this week.

Edited by Glitterwolf
7 people like this

A trashbag full of fresh picked green beans. Seriously. I don't know how to eat this many green beans, and green beans are yummy. So... if you need some beans, gimme a hollar. 

6 people like this

11 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

A trashbag full of fresh picked green beans. Seriously. I don't know how to eat this many green beans, and green beans are yummy. So... if you need some beans, gimme a hollar. 

Green beans can be canned.  Or so I'm told.  We never grow that many.

5 people like this

We helped pick beans at the family farm after the eclipse. They kept a two trashbags full and gave us some. Recommended blanching and freezing. 

6 people like this

My friend, the local pewter crack pusher, finally broke through my defenses:

20170822_073346.thumb.jpg.c024acb079c56e3481027a35c6c8588f.jpg

On the plus side, I did get it for 70% off.  Of course that will eventually be evened out by all the future purchases.  :)

12 people like this

22 hours ago, Dai-Mongar said:

Last weekend I acquired FeR miniatures' Random Encounter dwarf, along with 20 hours of class time with the amazing Meg Maples. This was the result.

IMG_20170815_222121552_HDR.thumb.jpg.a33d5f05b4b4cc878fe01cea21dee1cb.jpg

Very close to being done in class, but I'm slowly working on finishing him at home now. I'll likely be making an order for supplies to make his base today as well.

Stunning miniature, well done!

I lost track of Meg Maples after she left PP. Last I heard she was moving to Australia...? Glad to see she's still painting and teaching!

J--

10 people like this

1 hour ago, jsalyers said:

Stunning miniature, well done!

I lost track of Meg Maples after she left PP. Last I heard she was moving to Australia...? Glad to see she's still painting and teaching!

J--

Yeah she's in Australia and just did a couple of classes in New Zealand (where I am). She's self-employed as a full-time artist with her company Arcane Paintworks. Lovely lady, and she seems intent on helping to build a community of display/competition level painters across both countries.

10 people like this

Went to Reaper yesterday. They had a half off bin, may have gone temporarily insane... Picked up a few bottles of red paint, 2 gelationus cubes, some giants, an elemental, deva, a deathdog, and the 25th anniversary august figure. 

12 people like this