OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions, the Second

564 posts in this topic

Got the rest of my birthday swag yesterday:

a mauve tie

a polo shirt by Ralph Lauren

some carabiners with no weight rating

a keychain pill bottle (presumably for cyanide)

a Mr. Universe shirt

a gift card of Google Play money.

9 people like this

On 9/29/2017 at 1:52 PM, ub3r_n3rd said:

Could we move tea talk to the randomness thread or its own thread, please?

Done.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

3 people like this

1 minute ago, OneBoot said:

Done.

Huzzah!

Mrs. Boot, you are Awesome!!

3 people like this

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Mrs. Boot, you are Awesome!!

ub3r_n3rd's sore pinky thanks you...

2 people like this

36 minutes ago, knarthex said:

ub3r_n3rd's sore pinky thanks you...

Trooth

1 person likes this

And once again the tithe has been paid and the Figmentius temporarily sated...

80071 Hillbilly (it seems my redneck warband is developing an overalls squad...)

80074 Jake Ryan Hero Explorer (will be teamed up with Frank Buck when I get space for more projects)

50334 Old West Kids (no particular scheme in mind as of yet but ideas are forming...)

50329 Vorvorlaka Vampire ( tis the season)

02856 Usher Vampire with Victim (as above)

50211 Tommy the Wolfman (now to find a van for him to do a headstand on...)

50130 Gray Aliens (I'm now amassing a sizable force of the moon men)

03128 Sela Windsprite (I've now replaced all the pirates I gifted out)

02682 Selmarina, Witch (no such thing as too many witches)

01609 25th anniversary Lysette x 2 

Ghoulie Bag ! 

6 people like this

"Spacey" Ships came today! + a couple of Pokemon cards I thought my daughter might like. Anyways can you tell what's wrong in this picture?

Space ships for ReaperCon

If you can't tell one of them has a severe lean-to due to the clear shaft is bent hard at the base & at the bottom of the ship. I've contacted the person I got these from to see if I can get anther one sent quickly.

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, haldir said:

"Spacey" Ships came today! + a couple of Pokemon cards I thought my daughter might like. Anyways can you tell what's wrong in this picture?

If you can't tell one of them has a severe lean-to due to the clear shaft is bent hard at the base & at the bottom of the ship. I've contacted the person I got these from to see if I can get anther one sent quickly.

The idea that all ships would be at the same orientation in space is a silly one. I say embrace the (likely) scientific truth! 

5 people like this

I would but it's too off for me, not to mention the bend at the base is almost a break.

4 people like this

Acquired Treasure Hoard Vignette Base for my flamboyant rogue.

He looks like he is peering at something, and he's top heavy. A base will be good for him and I wanted him to stare at treasure. This seemed perfect! 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Acquired: my RAFM order of Reaper paints!

Unfortunately, the one I was really waiting for (Mint Green) ended up not appearing in the box (nor was I charged for it, since it didn't show up on the shipping notice).

Also, I has a sad. One of the paints I'd ordered was Bruise Purple, which I didn't realize was out of production until it arrived and had the old style label. It was...quite thick. Like artist paints thick when I squeezed some out. I did my level best to resurrect it, but even though I thinned it aggressively (using water, flow improver and wash medium), by the time it got to a workable consistency, the pigment was too diluted to be any good. I painted a section of one of my palettes with it, and it was just not usable.

I might have to order two random new purples from Reaper to soothe the disappointment (and also my sore arms, because I spent over 20 minutes thinning and mixing and shaking the blasted thing :zombie:). Oh darn.

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot
10 people like this

Aw... that really... yeah...

Faded Purple(the highlight to Bruise Purple was one of those I got refunded after ordering.

(Keeping fingers crossed and hoping that Dusky Grape and Bruise Purple are viable)

6 people like this

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

One of the paints I'd ordered was Bruise Purple, which I didn't realize was out of production until it arrived and had the old style label. It was...quite thick.

You popped off the top and stirred it?  I've had paints that release a paint snake from the tip, but are okay or recoverable inside the bottle.

This made me check that old triad and they look okay, so I must have added water at some point.  Neglected paints make me sad.

5 people like this

17 hours ago, haldir said:

The fact that there is a duck on your pillow?

5 people like this

9 minutes ago, knarthex said:

The fact that there is a duck on your pillow?

Duck AND covers. ::P:

6 people like this