3 posts in this topic

Hello again.

Some time ago, during a game of Bolt Action, one of my friends told us about a campaign he was planning, focused on a fantasy setting using the rules of Frostgrave.

As he and some other friends were working on a SciFi setting simultaneously, I thought of the possibility of creating an army that fits both settings – Fantasy and Sci Fi.

But what kind of figures would be able to fit into my setting? Looking around, I got aware of the Blood Vestals by Raging Heroes. They seem to be perfect for my army and so I acquired a group of them and also got me some bases with ruins – currently I don’t have got the time to make them all by myself.

There is only one problem – they are partially clothed …

RATED N for NUDITY

RATED N for NUDITY II

RATED N for NUDITY III

So … though a young woman in all her natural beauty might be quite a sight for sore eyes, I figured them to be a bit unfit for my idea. I mean - we are talking about Frostgrave. Frost. Cold. Quite Cold. Who would risk to get a cold by running around naturally dressed? So – best way for me to work with them might be to unnude them.

I looked around a bit further, but couldn't figure a way to make the figures look like I wanted them to look like. To be honest - I don't even have an idea what I want to do. Bravo, Monsieur. You're quite something.

Then by chance, I stumbled over the at concepts of NieR: Automata, which is a sequel to the critically acclaimed game NieR and includes some pretty artwork and figures. I already know the game, especially for the "AB" Diskussion regarding the clothing of main character 2b, but still never really thought about the design. Hm. Not bad.

YoRHa_No.2_Type_B.png

I somehow like the lolita concept. But it is quite modern, so there should be a change in design to make it more fantasyesque.

Also having been a fan of the Valkyria Chronicles franchise since I came to know it (some 6 years ago or so), I figured that the clothes of Selvaria and Aliasse from the franchise would make a good addition.

1504844-aliasse.jpg

latest?cb=20140413013505

latest?cb=20131121001310

Sexy Lolita clothes, white and blue-white hair, red eyes and dark grey and golden colors? I am currently thinking about how to bring all those concepts together – but I am sure that the outcome will be great :-D Haha.

If anyone has an idea on how to put all that stuff together, I'd be thankful :-D

For the skin I took a picture from the internet, which I really liked:

Y7aPC37.png

Quite a thought.

I checked my bits box and found a fantasy figure I will use as the central figure for my army – the Crimson Empress or Witch or whatever. She will be the figure on which I test how the colors work together. Looking forward to seeing her finished …

jykm-2g5-4eea.jpg

jykm-2g4-42c2.jpg

Well then - Let's start and see where this ends.

4 people like this

Very nice choice!

1 person likes this

And our Crimson Empress is becoming beautiful as well. Haha - finally some progress

jykm-2hv-6e48.png

jykm-2hw-bf06.png

4 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Smokestack
      This is a discussion on how magic would shape life in a magic rich world.

Eberron had some good ideas like magic carpet taxi and magical street lights.

So 1st I would say

Crops
      With spells like create Demi plane, you could have crops that crow all year long, are secure from bugs and raiders/ thieves, and have limited access to only those you want. Plus they don't take up valuable land that you can use to expand your city.... Plus the area is no longer limited by natural features or weather conditions. You could have tasty secure crops all year long.

Transportation
      Flying Cauldrons and brooms of flying. Wealthy noble children now have extreme sports involving personal conveyances. I can see drag races or just cruising around town in your pimped out flying ride...

Balls/parties
      Alter self can make your hair/clothes and even you look different. I can see shops dedicated to alteration magic.

Culture
      Prestidigitation can create objects that last for an hour and can heat and season them. So you could make food that tastes good and only lasts an hour that does not provide nourishment and thus does not make you fat. Noble Bulimics would find use for this...

Anyone one have any other thing that would fit here? What is your idea for a decadent magic based society?
    • By Dilvish the Deliverer
      Tre is at it again, this time with dwarves:

• By knarthex
      So this guy got finished, so that he can get to Con....

Thanks for looking!
      G

Wip here
    • By Crowley
      Over a total of about 90+ minutes split over two evenings I managed to get some paint on the cat. The bird had brown liner on it so far.

I started with brown liner and worked up with stone grey and linen white. 

Getting the spots to look good was a pain. 

Onto the bird next! Gonna use the same set of colors I think.
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hello everyone,

So this is my first project ever posted in this forum - yay. I am so excited.

Anyway - I have to admit I am not the best miniature painter - I am far away from that. I can't understand color theory, keep forgetting important steps and in those moments where I should be patient, I can't wait and ruin everything. Haha - nevertheless I try to become better and therefore I started this project.

Some time ago I came up with the idea to create an all-female soviet infantry battalion for the Bolt Action wargame.

If you want to know more, please check out this link: Strike Witches - All-Female Soviet Infantry Platoon (Warlord Games Forum)

It soon became apparent to me that the use of infantry alone wouldn't make any sense, so I decided to get me some tanks and personnel to man them - tank riders and officers to command the vehicles.

My army itself is painted in a merely tabletop standard, but as I am always flashed by what a good painter can achieve, I want to take the chance and try to enhance my skills by reading and watching tutorials on how to improve certain aspects of my painting and as the tanks will be standing out of the masses of infantry, I want their commanders to stand out, too.

That said, I started painting the three ladies using i.e. Corporeas face painting tutorial, didn't like the outcome, stripped them (*chuckles*) of all the paint, started painting again, ruined the job once more, stripped them again, painted once more, liked the face, ruined the leather, stripped them again and so on - I guess a plastic kit would be molten by now.

After a longer time without having the ability to paint, I returned to the painting table just to figure out I had forgotten almost everybit of knowledge I aquired regarding painting. So I went back here, but unfortunately Corporeas Tutorial was not "illustrated" anymore, thanks to photobucket.

So I decided to join the forum to inspire myself how to paint and to make some steps forward in painting miniatures.

Let's go.

The original figure I got looked like this:

Due to some ... breast issues in the wargaming forum I was present at that time ("Well, we like to play armies who in reality commited mass murder, but - oh my good - did you attach boobs to this figure?! How dare you?!" and so on) I decided to fuel the fire - and I really like the outcome. It reminds me a bit of anime figures. Haha.

She looked like this:

But as I wrote, I then totally screwed up the paintjob like a complete idiot and now I am back to square one.

Well then ... here we go again.

I had to correct some scratches in the Greenstuff, so that should be dry by tomorrow, then I'll base coat her and will start painting. Slowly and steady. One step after the other - and we will see where this ends.

See you next time!

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)