Hello again.

Some time ago, during a game of Bolt Action, one of my friends told us about a campaign he was planning, focused on a fantasy setting using the rules of Frostgrave.

As he and some other friends were working on a SciFi setting simultaneously, I thought of the possibility of creating an army that fits both settings – Fantasy and Sci Fi.

But what kind of figures would be able to fit into my setting? Looking around, I got aware of the Blood Vestals by Raging Heroes. They seem to be perfect for my army and so I acquired a group of them and also got me some bases with ruins – currently I don’t have got the time to make them all by myself.

There is only one problem – they are partially clothed …

RATED N for NUDITY

RATED N for NUDITY II

RATED N for NUDITY III

So … though a young woman in all her natural beauty might be quite a sight for sore eyes, I figured them to be a bit unfit for my idea. I mean - we are talking about Frostgrave. Frost. Cold. Quite Cold. Who would risk to get a cold by running around naturally dressed? So – best way for me to work with them might be to unnude them.

I looked around a bit further, but couldn't figure a way to make the figures look like I wanted them to look like. To be honest - I don't even have an idea what I want to do. Bravo, Monsieur. You're quite something.

Then by chance, I stumbled over the at concepts of NieR: Automata, which is a sequel to the critically acclaimed game NieR and includes some pretty artwork and figures. I already know the game, especially for the "AB" Diskussion regarding the clothing of main character 2b, but still never really thought about the design. Hm. Not bad.

YoRHa_No.2_Type_B.png

I somehow like the lolita concept. But it is quite modern, so there should be a change in design to make it more fantasyesque.

Also having been a fan of the Valkyria Chronicles franchise since I came to know it (some 6 years ago or so), I figured that the clothes of Selvaria and Aliasse from the franchise would make a good addition.

1504844-aliasse.jpg

latest?cb=20140413013505

latest?cb=20131121001310

Sexy Lolita clothes, white and blue-white hair, red eyes and dark grey and golden colors? I am currently thinking about how to bring all those concepts together – but I am sure that the outcome will be great :-D Haha.

If anyone has an idea on how to put all that stuff together, I'd be thankful :-D

For the skin I took a picture from the internet, which I really liked:

Y7aPC37.png

Quite a thought.

I checked my bits box and found a fantasy figure I will use as the central figure for my army – the Crimson Empress or Witch or whatever. She will be the figure on which I test how the colors work together. Looking forward to seeing her finished …

jykm-2g5-4eea.jpg

jykm-2g4-42c2.jpg

Well then - Let's start and see where this ends.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ThirstyBob
      This is the unlocked class with the Sun icon. If you do not want spoilers stop reading now.

---------------------------------------------

I was wanting some c&c, if I could get it, on several areas. The mouth and the base are the main ones, so if anyone has any critique for those that would be helpful. I'm also thinking of highlighting the gold armor a bit more, any thoughts?

• By Boaz
      Before I moved I was working on a RPG campaign concept that I have not been able to get off the ground since I moved so thought I'd kick the idea around here in the off chance it might start a fire with someone else ...

So the game starts in an alternate reality with the gaming group stating them selves out as starting players, not 100% accurate but an alternate reality version of himself that fits into a starting player profile for whatever game system you like to use ...

Once stated out the players will get together for game night,  in the alternate reality version of where your group gets to get her to play ... you get the idea, your playing a alternate reality version of you, but this alternate reality gets interrupted by an mini zombie apocalypse, a freak storm and weird lightning bolts that turn people into zombies ...

Being game nerds your group react accordingly and start putting down the zombies and figuring out what's going on ... a great opportunity to have some fun with the local peeps ... the players lern that the trouble is ruminating from a mysterious tower that appeared out of nowhere at a local golf course / sports field / etc large open spot ... the players gear up and do what players do, poke their nose in to fine a much queen rounding up zombie slaves to take back home with her ... 

Only once the players take the evil much queen out do they discover her life sustained the tower in this plain, at the moment she died the tower and all inside return to her plane of origin ... the fantasy world of ... 

The players and whatever firepower they have ammased now find themselves in a new world full of new challenges ... filled with your favorite minis of course ... they will have to find and ally with some locals to eat/learn to survive in their strange new world ...

As the year rolls round one customer seems to stand out more and more, the clan / tribe / town your players allied with are obsessed with collecting the skulls of their enimie race works/ lizard folk / whatever you have handy ... they must collect s quota for their gods before they return and time is running out ... the players must prove their worth and bag some skulls soon.

On the appointed time they come ... your allies see their gods descending in a chariot of fire ... your group see a drop ship with a party of powered armored warriors here to collect a pile of skulls and thank the locals for keeping the hostile race numbers down with a few thank you trinkets.

The warriors from space are sure to see you are different and take you with them to the stars ... and so begins the 3rd phasebofbthe game, space, the next frontier...

Start with zombie apocalypse,  take you time ...
       Shift to fantasy (magic = psychics) take more time ...
       Shift to science fiction with alien vertions of the fantasy world ... all agreed to a wager over the planet,  most skulls wins or something like that but limited to primitive tech only ... on the planet ... some argue the players are cgeaterd but thay have seen things wail on the planet that exsposes others as cheats ... thing go from bad to worse ... in just the way a GM can get some mileage out of ... 
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

Mostly Reaper this week, but here is the odd man out...

Kev!
      P.S. Look! There they are... what did I tell you?
    • By Sae
      My favorite mini shown is the fairy archer which seems to not be in any pledge level or addon?
    • By Pingo
      So while I was shopping at Ral Partha Europe (not the same as Ral Partha), I spotted some figures from Das Schwarze Auge which looked kind of nice in an Old School sort of way.

Das Schwarze Auge was apparently Germany's answer to D&D in the 1980s. It was (might still be) quite popular there.

I don't know the history of the figures.

Anyhow, this is Das Schwarze Auge 15500B, "Female Sorcerer".

I started this figure a while back, keeping it at the back of my painting table and adding bits as I painted other things.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I already painted her face before I took a picture.

Oh, and I left the orb on her staff just primed white because that will make it look more glowing when I paint it later.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)