Beowulfthehunter

Things to do around Reapercon and Spouse Stuff

7 posts in this topic

Wife just informed me she got the days off. We are coming to the con. I suspect we are going to site see. There use to be a posting of things to do in the area. Does anyone have a link to That?

Also she is not really a painter or gamer. Are there going to be events for the non gaming spouses?

2 people like this

Good to see you're gonna make back down again. Heh, I'm trying to convince me wife to make a road trip to Vegas at the end of January next year for the Las Vegas Open. Granted she would like to see Vegas so that's a start.

2 people like this

14 hours ago, Beowulfthehunter said:

Wife just informed me she got the days off. We are coming to the con. I suspect we are going to site see. There use to be a posting of things to do in the area. Does anyone have a link to That?

Also she is not really a painter or gamer. Are there going to be events for the non gaming spouses?

There has not been official non-gaming spouse events in the past but often times spontaneous non-gaming spouse events do occur. I just make my wife work at the con.::D:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I always throw out a reminder that Dallas is a large metropolitan area with decent but spread-out mass transit. If you're used to using mass transit, be warned that it's not anything like New York or Washington DC. I really recommend renting a car if your flying in. There is allot of stuff to do in the area, but it's all pretty spread out.

If you want to do something thematically Texan there are horse rescue ranches where you can volunteer to tend to the animals and take them on trail rides.  There is the Rodeo in Fort Worth. Several museums, tons of shopping, zoos, and aquariums are all just a very small portion of what there is to do here in the area.

Edited by DixonGrfx
2 people like this

@haldir  I am trying to convince my wife of the same. I really want to go to LVO

@Heisler My wife loves me, but not that much. I am going to have to make it up to her big time, just for going down with me

@DixonGrfx I went in 2012 so I know what I am getting myself into. I might look into the Rodeo if the wife is up for it. We are planning are Itinerary as we speak.

2 people like this

My wife will have a bunch of coloring books and gel pens at one table

3 people like this