Sign in to follow this  
CrazyK

Jigsaw Paint Shaker

Have to have a laugh in both humor and happiness after finally pulling my finger out and making a paint shaker out of a old jigsaw and a clamp.   Did it mainly to give my Reaper Paints a good shake.   But at work had a realization that I can use it to shake all the old pro paints I have squirrelled away in the hope I could do something to get the old paints back again.   The jigsaw shaker has resurrected paints I thought had long died.  Am SO freaking happy.   Some paints had settled so much they were just pigment and liquid.  Heh all fixed up now.  WOOT!

Only downside is that it is a bit loud.  Am sure my neighbors must think I am doing a hell of alot DIY atm LOL

Anyhoo that is all.  Had to share.  

• Like 7

As requested - put the wheel guide back on the bottom after I took the pic so the clamp wouldn't shake so much.

Paint Shaker.JPG

Edited by CrazyK
  • Like 9

I like it! I did something even simpler with my jig saw. I taped the blade the cover the teeth and just use a metal hose clamp to hold the bottles to it. Works great but is loud like you said.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2017 at 5:59 PM, Zink said:

I like it! I did something even simpler with my jig saw. I taped the blade the cover the teeth and just use a metal hose clamp to hold the bottles to it. Works great but is loud like you said.

That's what I do!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord_Ashenwyte
      Hey everyone,

Having spent the last 4 weeks away from any sort of miniatures (Fun vacation tho!), I'm super eager to paint again, and with my return flight being tomorrow, I thought I'd make this thread as a sort of documentation/to-do list. I want to clear my backlog because I'll be frank I'm sick of staring at unpainted plastic every day and I want to do something remotely productive in these remaining four weeks I have free. I have mostly Warhammer miniatures, though there is some Mantic and Reaper stuff in there. 

First of all to be done is this charming fellow. 

A Stormcast chap who I first tested sculpting fur on, which I'm reasonably happy with. A closer look at the fur, which does look like guacamole in this picture.

Right now it's a standard basecoat and drybrush fur, but I will re-doing the fur and wet blend it to something like what this fellow has.

Have a nice day! 

• By sumbloke
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/picolor/picolor-any-color-anywhere-anytime?ref=discovery

Sounds like an interesting paint mixer. Not sure I'd get it myself, but some people on this forum might be interested...
    • By DocPiske
      I haven't seen this posted anywhere else on the boards and did not find anything by searching, but RealmSmith has posted an interview from GAMA on YouTube with Ron and Ed. If this has already been posted, please feel free to nuke this post with extreme prejudice. As YouTube is a commercial site, no link but searching RealmSmith and Reaper will get you there.

Here are my notes:

Pathfinder Paints (!) - 56 new colors, Golarian specific colors, ETA October.

Learn to Paint kit expansions, 6 additional colors each and instructions, 4 expansion sets, ETA June or July.

Pathfinder Learn to Paint kit being worked on.

• By WhiteWulfe
      Ordered a reasonable amount of paints from an online store that carries Reaper here in Canada....  All of the other paints come across as normal, but this one....  Well, uhm...

I'm going to venture a guess it's a goner, or can it be saved?  There isn't even a liquid sound when shaking the bottle, just the sound of the agitator stuck in the bottom moving around somewhat.
    • By SparrowMarie
      After a poll this seems to be the best place to put this thread. For the most part I'll stick photos under spoilers because my phone likes to make them large.

So I bought a sketchbook today with the intent to catalog and show off all of my paints. I thought it was quite the appropriate book to get.

First I made a grid on a page. Then added the title to each column: Name & SKU, None, Base, Wash, Brown Liner, Blue Liner.

That's as far as I've gotten. Next I plan on starting to fill out paint names and SKU's. Then I will prime the squares with some plain white brush on primer (Vallejo in this case). I'm really hoping that the paper is thick enough to avoid the water from just being absorbed. If it isn't I will go to the craft store and buy a better book with different paper and can use this for something else later. 

Each column is a different thickness of paint/what I'll be putting it over. So None is straight out of the bottle, Base is thinned enough for a base coat, Wash is thinned down to a wash consistency, and Brown and Blue Liner will have each of them put over the primer and then a base consistency paint over that. 

I'm going to spend some time filling out the names and SKU's and then I'll get to priming the squares. Might go back and go over the lines with a sharpie or pen to make them a little more apparent where the lines are for my sake. 

ETA: I already have a spreadsheet of all of the paints I own and then sub-sheets broken down by line/company. I think there is a way to put color samples into the sheet but I've yet to figure it out. So I'm making this so I don't have to pull out all of my paints when I need to color scheme something. I can just pull out the book and go from there. It'll be much more efficient for me.
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)