Metalchaos

DSM8035, Hamster Knight with Spear (updated pictures)

19 posts in this topic

That's just perfect!!!

2 people like this

Very nice NMM.

3 people like this

19 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

That's just perfect!!!

Couldn't agree more

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The NMM is impecible! You made a great stoic hamster!

Edited by Cyradis
3 people like this

Really lovely, smooth blends. I think the greens could use just one highlight higher to make them pop. The NMM is lovely because your blends are nice, but it's most successful on the helmet and boots, a little less so on the other parts. I think the other parts need just one more sharp highlight to really sell the metal look. Lastly, while the spear tip looks good, because it's the only part that's blue, it draws attention away from the face. If you had something the same shade on the lower right side, it would balance it back out. Overall, I think it looks really great.

3 people like this

Stoic little fella, and well painted. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your comments everyone! I'm happy you like it.

5 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

Really lovely, smooth blends. I think the greens could use just one highlight higher to make them pop. The NMM is lovely because your blends are nice, but it's most successful on the helmet and boots, a little less so on the other parts. I think the other parts need just one more sharp highlight to really sell the metal look. Lastly, while the spear tip looks good, because it's the only part that's blue, it draws attention away from the face. If you had something the same shade on the lower right side, it would balance it back out. Overall, I think it looks really great.

You are absolutely right about the green color, it would come out better with a yellowish highlight, so it will be done. I will also see what I can do to improve the armor highlight. It might be more challenging to re-balance the color since I don't want to add blue on the armor. Maybe the best solution would be to add something on the base. I need to think about it. A big thanks Guindyloo, I really glad you gave me you opinion.

Edited by Metalchaos
2 people like this

I really like the armour as it's what I'm still aiming for.

2 people like this

He turned out fantastic! I love all the little touches of green and gold to add brightness to the dark armor. He looks like he means business! Your shading and highlights are gorgeous. I love his face! Wonderful job!

2 people like this

Thanks for you comments Rilkyn and Pochi it's really appreciated.

As suggested by Guindyloo, in an effort to improve the highlights, I re-worked the greens and the armor.

I also repainted its left eye and took better pictures. I realised the initial third picture was blurry. Here are the new pictures.

5985ece3631c0_8035_01B_HamsterKnightwithSpear6X8.thumb.jpg.61299e7d4b606b2c2d61d75f71848eac.jpg

5985ece52ef86_8035_02B_HamsterKnightwithSpear6X8.thumb.jpg.fe31ac4eba529bac5e2dcbaad8157123.jpg

5985ece63af7f_8035_03B_HamsterKnightwithSpear6X8.thumb.jpg.c4000e929540bfd6fb9b5739f4f48334.jpg

5985ece7b386f_8035_04B_HamsterKnightwithSpear6X8.thumb.jpg.fedbe618d7f8dd8a0aa24612e3a78f95.jpg

10 people like this

Squeaky clean and very sharp!

1 person likes this

That's outstanding!

1 person likes this

Excellent Job! The nmm looks nice.

1 person likes this

Beautiful job reworking the highlights! That's some shiny metal you've got there and the greens pop now. Awesome - you should be very proud of your work on this guy!

2 people like this