So we fought with four aircraft, people from the Star Fleet Battles group.  It was a fun fast time.  No pictures this time around as I was busy checking rules/ answering questions. Next time though. All gaming concepts were easy to pickup by everyone.  The home owner's wife, (a Fantasy Gamer), said she could readily understand what was going on.  The husband on the other hand is in hot water since he shot her down early in the battle.  Some mention of sleeping in the garage or something to that effect.  Stay tuned.

I believe this is what X-Wing's rules set was based on.  I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

Have you seen any P-38's?  

1 hour ago, Unit04 said:

I believe this is what X-Wing's rules set was based on.  I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

Have you seen any P-38's?  

Not as yet, but the Beaufighter is one nasty plane to go against, as the Germans just found out.  Report will follow.

The WW1 version is even better in my opinion, the planes are slower so there's a lot more maneuvering 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Beagle said:

The WW1 version is even better in my opinion, the planes are slower so there's a lot more maneuvering 

The other similar choice that I've played far too much is Blue Max. We used to play that regularly with 1:72 models and radio aerials for altitude at the miniatures group.

On 11/1/2017 at 10:38 AM, Doug Sundseth said:

The other similar choice that I've played far too much is Blue Max. We used to play that regularly with 1:72 models and radio aerials for altitude at the miniatures group.

You mean like a telescoping aerial?  Because I never thought of that until now, but it sounds awesome. 

10 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

You mean like a telescoping aerial?  Because I never thought of that until now, but it sounds awesome. 

Exactly. You need rules where the number of height categories match the number of sections on your aerial for best use, so they work well for Blue Max. Used to be really easy to pick them up at Radio Shack, but I don't know how easy they would be to find now. Perhaps in a thrift store?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ThirstyBob
      Been working on a commission for the last week, haven't progressed much on the Cthulhu Wars stuff. This is the result of my labor:

• By dice4hire
      I just painted up the Stone Juggernaut from the Tomb of Annihilation board game. 

• By Dan d'Lyon

New 'Expansion' for Too Many Bones.  The game is a lot of fun, but definitely has a pretty steep learning curve when trying to figure out all the dice and timing of things.
    • By ThirstyBob

Wow I feel really outclassed here but I've gotta start somewhere...
      Painted these for a friend's birthday, it was several months past his birthday when I finished, lol. Unfortunately before I could properly finish he had to move so I had to rush and couldn't do as much as I'd like. A lot of bases remained unpainted, and some touch ups on some of the skintones that I was planning on doing after had to be left as they were.
      Not sure how many I can fit before it starts flagging me as spam so I'm just gonna show a photo of all of them, and then some of the monsters. They're the ones I'm most satisfied with.

Blood Rage Base Game all painted minis

Fire Giant

Ice Giant
      Troll

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game is a co-operative survival horror game for 1-4 players set in the Resident Evil™ universe. Players choose from a number of familiar characters before venturing into the zombie-infested streets and buildings of Raccoon City in a desperate fight to escape the nightmare!  
      Designed specifically for the Resident Evil™ universe from the ground up, this game brings the thrills—and the dangers!—of the setting to the tabletop. World-class miniatures and innovative new mechanics help deliver an experience that captures the essence of the much-loved original video games while offering new twists and turns.
      The Survivor Pledge includes:
      Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game The B-Files Expansion Set  Kickstarter Exclusive Leon Alt. Model  All Unlocked Stretch Goals Choose your character and explore the rich narrative of Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game. With 20+ hours of gameplay, this pledge is packed with a horde of enemies and challenges to provide players with a terrifying and immersive survival horror experience.
      We don’t like complicated Kickstarters, so we’ve made this one as simple as possible. There is just one pledge level—which also gives you access to all of the fantastic stretch goals we’ll be unlocking as the campaign goes on!  
      The best bit is that your pledge will include every stretch goal that gets unlocked during the campaign! So the more people who support the project, the more goals get unlocked, the more value we can squeeze in for all you awesome backers, and the bigger the box we're going to need!  
      Optional purchases are also available to backers during the campaign. Simply increase your pledge amount by the amount stated. After the Kickstarter campaign ends, you will be able to select your options via our pledge management system.
      Malformation of G - Stage 5 is absolutely huge... The Malformations of G expansion contains four highly detailed models for the extra mutations of Dr William Birkin, along with rules and behaviour cards for each of these boss models. Also included are updated scenarios and tiles for the core game and The B-Files expansion, allowing players to encounter these deadly enemies as part of their games—plus a brand-new scenario for the final showdown with the massive Birkin Stage 5 mutation!
      The Retro Pack is for the old-school Resident Evil™ fans out there, recreating the artwork and style for each of the item, enemy, and character cards to appear as they did in the classic video game. It also includes a series of additional iconic tiles and scenarios to further expand your play experience. If you’re a series veteran who played the game the first time around and want to indulge your nostalgia for the good old days, then this expansion is definitely for you!

Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game combines intense resource management and an innovative Tension Deck mechanic to create an enthralling experience for veterans and new players alike. With world-class miniatures that are faithful to the original in every detail, this game will capture the essence of the classic genre-defining Resident Evil™ 2 video game.
      To survive the nightmare, players must explore dangerous and foreboding places for clues, equipment, and weapons that are critical to staying alive. Unusual sounds or barely glimpsed movement could hint at disaster. The Tension Deck forces players to carefully consider traveling through each area—and whether they can afford to avoid it altogether.
      The Player Characters: Ada Wong, Leon S Kennedy, Claire Redfield and Robert Kendo With precious few bullets and recovery items, every step into the unknown presents a difficult decision. Do you dare explore that darkened room? Can you afford to face your enemies head-on? Putting a bullet into an enemy isn't always the only way to survive!
      Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game is a fully cooperative experience. If even a single character dies, the scenario is lost, meaning players must work together in order to succeed. Each character has distinct special rules based on their personality and background which must be used to aid their allies over the course of the game.
      A swarm of zombies surrounding the 3rd Mutation of William Birkin Whilst players can see some enemies and know how to plan ahead, what lurks behind each door is completely unknown. Remember, if one character dies, then it's game over for everyone, so pay careful attention to each shadowy corner! What will you do if a player is ambushed by a horde of zombies?
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)