30 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

Awesome work, @Glitterwolf

Well done!

Thank you, Glad you like it!

27 minutes ago, vulture said:

for a split second I thought "cool reference photo" !

Thank you! That's high praise!!!

Edited by Glitterwolf

OUTSTANDING! Your photo stage is a work of art in it's own right, BEAUTIFULLY  crafted  & painted. AND it shows of your smaller creations WONDERFULLYVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, malefactus said:

OUTSTANDING! Your photo stage is a work of art in it's own right, BEAUTIFULLY  crafted  & painted. AND it shows of your smaller creations WONDERFULLYVERY WELL DONE!

Thank you Al!

Since you inspired me to do this, it means a lot to me, that you like it,.!!

This looks awesome.  

I've being wanting to built an underground/dungeon themed backdrop, but it keeps getting pushed down on my to-do list. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

It looks pretty amazing!!!!

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Clearman said:

This looks awesome.  

I've being wanting to built an underground/dungeon themed backdrop, but it keeps getting pushed down on my to-do list. 

Thanks.

Just dooooo eeetttt!!!!!

• Like 2

That's so amazing! I want to make a jungle base for the savage avatar gorilla so this is great inspiration. May I ask...is this the rosemary deco plant from IKEA? I swear it looks very similar but at this scale extremely convincing for jungle flora!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glamberry said:

That's so amazing! I want to make a jungle base for the savage avatar gorilla so this is great inspiration. May I ask...is this the rosemary deco plant from IKEA? I swear it looks very similar but at this scale extremely convincing for jungle flora!

I got it from a store called Action, Dutch version of a dollar thrift store thingie..

I got other stuff too, looking at Ikea, Aquariium Plants etc are a great source for it.

Cut it down use it differently and you got trees and stuff.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

So. Frickin'. COOL!!

Thx Paul!

It was rather easy to do in the end.

Just took some time.

• Like 1

Some more explanation about the vegetation, so people can use it themselves.

The Long Plastic plants are from a thrift store. ( Action)

The smaller plastic bushes are from a pet store, Aquarium dpt.

The long dark green vines are called Tilandsia and I picked those up in the craft section of a Garden Centre. ( Intratuin)

The Ivy/climbing plants on the bottom of the door are from Mininatur, they come in different colours.

The moss/grass etc were from several mixes, Knarthex had sent me a bunch, and some of my own.

I also mixed herbal tea in there, hence the brown and flower colours.

You can pick up a lot in thrift stores for cheap.

I also bought a little plastic cactus, too big?

No, since the real thing in Arizona grows taller than a man, it will make a great addition to a base.

I also bought fake coral from a thrift store, for underwater purposes.

Look at Toy/Pet/ Garden and DIY stores for many useful and cheap things to use in the hobby.

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About
      The brunt of it:
      A trigger-happy rival watches over a narrow corridor, ready to turn the tight confines in to a bullet-filled death-trap. A large bulkhead provides the cover needed for your unit to hide from the scope of an enemy sniper. A set of scaffolding provides your team the perfect vantage point to spring an ambush.

Whether you're new to the world of tabletop wargaming or you're a seasoned veteran who’s prospered on countless battlefields, 'Sector 0141' terrain is perfect to contain the hostilities of any industrial conflict - whether it be gang warfare, a separatist insurgency or an alien invasion. 

We at Dark City Terrain couldn’t be happier to spearhead our first ever Kickstarter; 'Sector 0141'. Completely modular in its design, this highly detailed, laser-cut MDF terrain lets you connect towers with walkways, stairs and platforms to construct your own unique, multi-level arena suited for the factories and dense metropolis of the future.

Backer's Rewards:

Greenhorn's Gambit - "You done good, kid!" 

Even the smallest donation can carry production far and wide - and for this you receive two thumbs-up and a gracious thank you.
      Thumbs and Thanks :) Scatter Pack 1 - "Hey look, lootable crates!"
      What's a battlefield without some chest-high cover to hide behind?
      Scatter Pack 1 includes: 4x Small Crates 4x Large Crates

Scatter Pack 2 - "Hey look, lootable crates inside containers!"
      Because every wasteland warlord/judicial enforcer/alien hive-mind needs a place to stash their loot.
      Scatter Pack 2 includes: 4x Small Crates 4x Large Crates 2x Shipping Containers

Juve's Pledge - "When the shooting starts, don't forget to duck!"
      An appetiser to what we have to offer, a teaser for those who like to test the waters first.
      Juve's Pledge   includes: 5x Straight Platforms 2x Stairs 4x Bridges

Ganger's Pledge - "Get some explosives on that door!" 

When it's time to start playing games with your first team of blood-hungry gangers (or pious enforcers - we don't judge!).
      Ganger's Pledge includes: 5x Straight Platforms 3x Corners 2x T Junction 1x Four Way Junction 4x Stairs 8x Bridges

• By eldamir
      So one of my November goals was to work on (or even finish) the DDS 2014 tower ruins .. If you look at the WIP thread, you'll see that it took me a LOOONG time to get this done finally.. 

I'm not completely satisfied with the way the treasure came out, and learned a lot from applying the sand without painting the base Bonesium first, but over all, I'm fairly happy with it... 

• By SamuraiJack
      As seen at ReaperCon

About this project
      This is my first set of TerraScapes.  I present to you a natural Caves & Grottos core set. With the full range of double sided modular tiles, you can quickly create ultra-realistic cavern scenarios for any of your spelunking adventures! If you've ever found yourself in a cave, you know how under represented they are in the games that we love to play. There is nothing linear about spelunking and caverns aren't flat! Caves are twisted sections of open air encased by cool moist rocky walls.  That's why I've coined this terrain as a Nonlinear Modular Terrain System, and it's a new way of dressing your Tabletop with functional, dynamic terrain for all your Tabletop RPG's!
      TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos strives to simulate natural terrain for optimal immersion and strategic playability. To maximize the possibilities every tile is double sided! This means that with every tile you get twice the possible play space! Both tops and bottoms of each tile can be used in your layouts!  Each tile is designed to work like a table where instead of legs, you have stalactites and large rocks. It allows you to stack them up however you want! This gives your layout real depth and introduces a whole new dimension for increased strategical encounters. Whether it's for your big boss battle, wargame or random encounter, everything you'll need for an endless tactical cavern layout comes with our set of Caves & Grottos!
      This video shows how to build an endless array of immersive caverns for your tabletop!
      What's in the Full Set?  I have a ton of tiles prototyped and ready for this campaign.  If everything is unlocked we will have 9 Core double-sided tiles, 3 exclusive large  double-sided KS tiles, 2 Rock Packs which include a total of 8 double-sided rocks and rock/well combinations, 2 sets of Stalactite risers containing a total of 4 risers, 3 double-sided flowstone/pit centerpieces and 4 packs of double-sided wall sections containing 8 wall sections.  This is everything you'll need to bring to life any dynamic cavern scenario that you could possibly dream up!  You can purchase any of these Packs of tiles or accessories as Add-ons as they are unlocked during this campaign by managing your pledge amount and adding their cost(s).  If you are bad with arithmetic, just send me a message and I'll give you hand personally!
      I know, I know...  I'm getting ahead of myself here!  When the campaign launches we'll only have the three tiles from Core Pack:A, and the exclusive KS:1 tiles available.  Whenever we unlock another Core Pack, I will also unlock another exclusive KS tile for you to snatch up!  I am fairly confident that we are going to smash through almost every stretch goal I have planned.
      Core Pack:A Random Layout with KS Tile:1  With the exception of the Stalac-Packs, note that every terrain piece in TerraScapes is double-sided. The following graphics depict both the tops and bottoms of every piece and are not separate pieces offered with the packs.  The sizes listed are in terms of tile height.  So a Size 2 piece is two tiles high.  A Size 3 piece is 3 tiles high.  
      Please Manage your Pledge if you would like to add-on any pieces.  A survey will be sent after the Kickstarter has concluded for you to list which add-ons and options (like paint schemes) you would like.  All shipping charges will be handled by a Third Party Pledge Manager after the Kickstarter as well.  You will have until December 1st, 2017 to update your Pledge using this Pledge Manager
      3 Core Pack:A tiles and the first Exclusive KS Tile:1 As each set of new tiles and accessories are unlocked we will journey deeper into what TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos has to offer any story.  During this campaign, your very pledges will move a group of adventurers through the deep, exploring the sets that you unlock.  Our heroes fate will depend upon your support!  When the campaign ends, our adventurers will either perish or succeed in escaping these deep Caves & Grottos! 
      Core Pack:A, KS Tile:1 and Rocks & Wells Pack:A  
      Rock & Wells Pack:A contains four Size 1 Risers  
      Stalac-Pack:A contains two Size 2 Risers  

Core Pack:B Random Layout with KS Tile:2
    • By buglips*the*goblin
      Want more WIP threads like this one?  Check these out!
      01614 Con Crud 

Hello again, friends and neighbours! 

Several years ago, after the Bones I kickstarter, I made a thread to help people who had just signed up for a ridiculous amount of Bones minis get used to painting and encourage them to just jump right on in!  This thread was even more successful than I thought and, much to my astonishment, brings new people to our hobby even today.  I thought it was time for a fresh update that might be just as helpful, and maybe give us something to point new people to when they first decide to pick up a brush and become One of Us.

Often when new people come by and have no idea where to start, the first general question is: what are your aims and requirements?  This basically breaks down to: do you need pieces done for a game, or do you want to paint just to paint?  The idea behind this WIP is to give us something to show people the difference in practice.  So with the able assistance of Guindyloo, I will be painting Thanis in my usual fast-but-decent method and she will show us how nice things can be when you spend some time on them. 

There are, of course, many ways to paint a mini so this thread is just an example of our present working methods and by no means serve as the only way to do it, or the final word on the matter.  Those of you just joining our hobby may have your own ideas about how to do things, and by all means you should use your own best judgment!  All we do here is just give you some things to think about.

So on to the mini you came in here to see, and I hope this thread proves useful! 

Here's my Thanis, fresh from her blister pack:

• By Glitterwolf
      Hello victims fellow forumites!

I decided to do an AMA thread of my own.
      Go ahead ask me everything.

Serious questions get a serious answer or a silly one if I feel that it is more suitable and vice versa...
      I reserve the right to not answer certain questions..

Be aware of the different timezone...I might answer next day.

Ask the friendly wolf anything, I won't bite Pwomise!!!

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)