Glitterwolf

Jungle Photo Backdrop Board Terrain by Glitterwolf

32 posts in this topic

for a split second I thought "cool reference photo" !

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

Awesome work, @Glitterwolf

Well done!

Thank you, Glad you like it!

27 minutes ago, vulture said:

for a split second I thought "cool reference photo" !

Thank you! That's high praise!!!

Edited by Glitterwolf

OUTSTANDING! Your photo stage is a work of art in it's own right, BEAUTIFULLY  crafted  & painted. AND it shows of your smaller creations WONDERFULLYVERY WELL DONE!

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, malefactus said:

OUTSTANDING! Your photo stage is a work of art in it's own right, BEAUTIFULLY  crafted  & painted. AND it shows of your smaller creations WONDERFULLYVERY WELL DONE!

Thank you Al!

Since you inspired me to do this, it means a lot to me, that you like it,.!!

It looks pretty amazing!!!!

1 person likes this

This looks awesome.  

I've being wanting to built an underground/dungeon themed backdrop, but it keeps getting pushed down on my to-do list. 

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

It looks pretty amazing!!!!

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Clearman said:

This looks awesome.  

I've being wanting to built an underground/dungeon themed backdrop, but it keeps getting pushed down on my to-do list. 

Thanks.

Just dooooo eeetttt!!!!!

2 people like this

That's so amazing! I want to make a jungle base for the savage avatar gorilla so this is great inspiration. May I ask...is this the rosemary deco plant from IKEA? I swear it looks very similar but at this scale extremely convincing for jungle flora!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Glamberry said:

That's so amazing! I want to make a jungle base for the savage avatar gorilla so this is great inspiration. May I ask...is this the rosemary deco plant from IKEA? I swear it looks very similar but at this scale extremely convincing for jungle flora!

I got it from a store called Action, Dutch version of a dollar thrift store thingie..

I got other stuff too, looking at Ikea, Aquariium Plants etc are a great source for it.

Cut it down use it differently and you got trees and stuff.

2 people like this

So. Frickin'. COOL!!

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

So. Frickin'. COOL!!

Thx Paul!

It was rather easy to do in the end.

Just took some time.

1 person likes this

Some more explanation about the vegetation, so people can use it themselves.

The Long Plastic plants are from a thrift store. ( Action)

The smaller plastic bushes are from a pet store, Aquarium dpt.

The long dark green vines are called Tilandsia and I picked those up in the craft section of a Garden Centre. ( Intratuin)

The Ivy/climbing plants on the bottom of the door are from Mininatur, they come in different colours.

The moss/grass etc were from several mixes, Knarthex had sent me a bunch, and some of my own.

I also mixed herbal tea in there, hence the brown and flower colours.

You can pick up a lot in thrift stores for cheap.

I also bought a little plastic cactus, too big?

No, since the real thing in Arizona grows taller than a man, it will make a great addition to a base.

I also bought fake coral from a thrift store, for underwater purposes.

Look at Toy/Pet/ Garden and DIY stores for many useful and cheap things to use in the hobby.

7 people like this

Very nice!

1 person likes this