Giant Foo Dog (Bones 3)

14 posts in this topic

Beautiful work!

If you don't need it anymore - I know where to put it in my room :-D

1 person likes this

Awesome!!!

Adorable!

2 people like this

This is great and wonderful job on the eyes! Really well done!

2 people like this

Shiny! 

that looks great. 

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Pochi said:

This is great and wonderful job on the eyes! Really well done!

Agreed.  The eyes really sell it.  Great work.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, vulture said:

It was nice to finish something from Bones 3; it helps me justify Bones 4. ^_^

Lol. "Yeah, one of 200 Bones 3 minis painted. Honey, I am making progress on that last Kickstarter, so I am going to pledge for the next one before I run out of minis to paint". LOL I use that logic and I am painting the minis from Bones 1 still. 

The Foo dog looks awesome by the way. 

3 people like this

It look awesome. I like the shiny gold effect and the green eyes.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Lol. "Yeah, one of 200 Bones 3 minis painted. Honey, I am making progress on that last Kickstarter, so I am going to pledge for the next one before I run out of minis to paint". LOL I use that logic and I am painting the minis from Bones 1 still. 

The Foo dog looks awesome by the way. 

Uncanny, it's almost like you were in the room when I had that conversation with the Mrs. :lol:

thanks for the feedback all. If I have the space I always try to put a little extra effort into the eyes. Many mistakes can be forgiven if the eyes make a good focal point. For the body, I was going for a style that could be interpreted as a statue or as being celestial, as needed. 

I used the bones 3 paints extensively for this mini. In particular, I really like the gold base and the green liner was everything i'd hoped it would be. It really works well for darklining yellows.

3 people like this

Excellent paint job!

1 person likes this

Amazing paint job! Somehow he reminds me a lot of studio ghibli!

2 people like this

17 hours ago, Glamberry said:

Somehow he reminds me a lot of studio ghibli!

Gnaaar - That is MY line!

... but yes, I admit: I forgot to say it ...

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

Gnaaar - That is MY line!

... but yes, I admit: I forgot to say it ...

But...Gnar is from league of legends :P

If studio Ghibli ever came out with a miniature line I'd be bankrupt immediately! That being said, hasslefree Miniatures have a mini that looks heavily based off of princess mononoke :D

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

But...Gnar is from league of legends :P

Are you really asking me to actually answer such commentary? I am an individual full of infinite wisdom, not a gaming guide! The usage of old, long forgotten language is part of my library behaviour.

12 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

If studio Ghibli ever came out with a miniature line I'd be bankrupt immediately! That being said, hasslefree Miniatures have a mini that looks heavily based off of princess mononoke :D

Well, I might assist in the purchase of suggested miniature line. But as Ghibli decided to completely restructure their company, it is unlikely we might see such miniature line come to life - though I have to admit: I once stumbled upon a Totoro-shaped clock when I was in Tokyo and also bought a clock that implemented Jiji the cat from Kikis Delivery Service. But that might be Off-topic and can be discussed another time.

Okay - I used some serious sounding language. I feel tired now.

Edited by Knochensack
2 people like this