OneBoot

Ma'al Drakar 7 day Challenge Official Entries (no chatter)

After declaration of completion in your WIP thread, you have 2 hours to submit your official entry photos in this thread (this is to allow time for setting up of photo taking area). Up to 5 pictures per entry may be submitted.

This thread will be open for submission of completed entries until midnight CST on August 1st 2018.

Questions? Ask them here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75387-maal-drakar-7-day-goblin-contest-launch-date

For the index of WIP and Show-off threads, go here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75793-maal-drakar-7-day-challenge-index-of-threads/

Best of luck!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2

Reminder that this thread is for entries only.

Commentary may be offered on the participants' WIP and Show off threads, the list of which is found here: 

• Like 5

Sorre I'm a bit late getting to this, but here are the winners!

1st:  Guindyloo

2nd: OneBoot

3rd:  Fire_Eyes

Thanks to everyone who participated!  Well done!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

electronic gift certificates processed.

if you don't see it in your inbox, check your spam, then if not found, contact me

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

electronic gift certificates processed.

if you don't see it in your inbox, check your spam, then if not found, contact me

Got it! Thank you, ladystorm and Reaper!

The gift certificate is a really generous bonus to the usual prize for doing a 7 day challenge - continued insanity! ::P:

Congratulations to @OneBoot and @Fire_Eyes and also all of you other crazies that entered! I think everyone did a fantastic job and everyone who made the attempt did something that obviously not a lot of people were willing or able to put the time and effort into! And look at all of the awesome painted dragons as a result! ^_^

I suppose I should also thank @buglips*the*goblin for putting this together, but since he nearly killed me 4 times with these challenges... <_<::P:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneBoot
      We all knew this day would come eventually. The day where OneBoot tosses the very few marbles she has left into the ocean and throws herself in after them. The blank 4th spot in my lovely Goblin Challenge signature badge has been glaring at me for several months now, and my personal circumstances have now aligned to allow me to attempt this, my final Challenge.

For those of you unfamiliar with Goblin Painting Challenges, started by our very own @buglips*the*goblin, here is a link to his Kaladrax thread that started it all: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip/&

The short version of the rules is that I will be painting up Dragons Don't Share - 2014 edition in 7 days, using no brushes larger than a size 0.

Here's the long version of the rules:

You are all invited to join me in my descent into further madness! But only if you bring chocolate and gummy worms.  

On a personal note, out of all 4 Goblin Challenges, this is actually the one I've been the most nervous about all along (yes, even more so than Ma'al Drakar). Those adventurers are likely to prove to be 5 lovely little time sinks for me, and I'll have to concentrate very hard not to get caught up in all those beautiful details on them! But who knows, maybe it'll end up being the terrain that eats all my time and sanity; we get to find out together!

My general plan is as follows:
      The first couple of days will focus on brown linering and basecoating ALL THE THINGS, while also putting on faces and eyes while my hands are still fairly steady. I will work primarily on the adventurers the first few days, but will take 'breaks' to work on the terrain and the dragon in between to let my eyes and hands relax a bit from the tiny work. My aim is to finish the adventurers by the end of Day 4, or at least get them to "good enough" status; fun fiddly detail bits can be added after this point if I have time, but even without those the figures could be declared done. My final day will likely be focused on finishing up the terrain, and possibly the dragon's wings. Not sure about that yet, but that's what I anticipate.  
      Started: April 3rd 2018, 4:00pm PDT
      Finished: April 10th 2018, 8:17am PDT
      Show-off thread:

Huzzah!
    • By OneBoot
      For those of you unfamiliar with The Great Kaladrax Painting Challenge, initiated by buglips*the*goblin, here's a link to his thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip

Feel free to boggle at the insanity of it for a bit, I'll wait.
      All done? Okay, so, being not entirely sane myself, I've decided to give it a go. I will be following the same rules buglips followed in his challenge, namely:

1) No using a brush larger than a standard Size 0 (no getting around it by using, say, a size 0 brush meant for house painting, for example)
      2) I will work on Kaladrax for no more than 168 consecutive hours (7 full days)
      3) The only prep time allowed before the timer starts is boiling and cleaning to remove casting residue. Removing (or not) mold lines is part of the challenge!
      4) When I begin, I will post a picture of Kaladrax with my phone displaying the date and time (I don't get the newspaper)

...That's it, really. Pretty simple. I will endeavor to make semi-regular updates, but when I get deep into PaintingLand, I can lose track of time. I will, however, be very good about taking awful WIP pictures as I go, then at least doing a batch picture post each day. I've timed this so Mr. Boot is gone at a work conference about half of the 7 days, so I will have a little more free time than usual.

So! Feel free to come along for the ride. I can't promise to be on here super often (or maybe I will be, who knows), but I can promise that the trip will at least be entertaining.

If you'd rather just skip to the end, here's my official completion post with pictures: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68762-oneboot-is-crazy-too-kaladrax-in-7-days-wip/&do=findComment&comment=1371410
      Final show-off pictures: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69015-kaladrax-reborn-in-7-days-by-oneboot/

Note: Unless otherwise specified, all of the paints used are Reaper brand paints.

Huzzah!
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)