Chris Palmer

Shipwreck Revenant with Succubus Queen Figurehead Conversion (Photo Heavy)

16 posts in this topic

There is no Mecha that can compare to this epicness.

A great conversion and beautifully painted. I love it!

2 people like this

Good heavens!!  This is amazing!  The additions to the piece, the paintjob, the...everything!  Just wow!

2 people like this

You really took this model to the  next level with all those additions!

Love the broken glass in the lantern and the Succubus figurehead.

Painted driftwood is awesome!

2 people like this

I see what you mean about how difficult this is to photograph.  It's packed with fascinating details an warrants long, careful looking.

3 people like this

Don't forget to enter it in the large figure contest!

3 people like this

I do have a problem with heavily weathered pieces, but, even taking my prejudice into account, that is a FINE piece of brushwork on a BRILLIANTLY converted creation. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

3 people like this

Wowzers!  I love all the look of decay and verdigris and worn-off paint and so forth.  It does look like some strange amalgam of whatever was dredged up from a shipwreck, come to wreak havoc upon the living landlubbers.  That ought to make for one epic boss fight, for sure.  :D

3 people like this

Very cool! Love the weathering, paint chipping, verdigris. It's all awesome. My only gripe is the base seems too small for the mini. As you said, it is very top-heavy. I feel a slightly larger base would help balance it out (visually, if not physically).

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Knochensack said:

There is no Mecha that can compare to this epicness.

A great conversion and beautifully painted. I love it!

Thank you, Knochensack!   To compare it favorably to the greater world of all mecha is sure appreciated!

3 hours ago, Pippin said:

Good heavens!!  This is amazing!  The additions to the piece, the paintjob, the...everything!  Just wow!

Thank you, Pingo!  I'm glad you like what I did in its entirety!  

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You really took this model to the  next level with all those additions!

Love the broken glass in the lantern and the Succubus figurehead.

Painted driftwood is awesome!

Thank you, Glitterwolf!  The succubus was a gamble, so glad to hear you think it turned out well.

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

I see what you mean about how difficult this is to photograph.  It's packed with fascinating details an warrants long, careful looking.

Thank you, Pingo!  I hope it holds up to close inspection!

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Don't forget to enter it in the large figure contest!

Thank you for thinking it's contest worthy, Inarah!   Though I have to ask, what large figure contest?

2 hours ago, malefactus said:

I do have a problem with heavily weathered pieces, but, even taking my prejudice into account, that is a FINE piece of brushwork on a BRILLIANTLY converted creation. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

Thank you, malefactus!  The fact you have to overcome a prejudice makes your comments all the more appreciated!

1 hour ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Wowzers!  I love all the look of decay and verdigris and worn-off paint and so forth.  It does look like some strange amalgam of whatever was dredged up from a shipwreck, come to wreak havoc upon the living landlubbers.  That ought to make for one epic boss fight, for sure.  :D

Thank you, Jordan!   For me all the weathering was half the fun!

1 hour ago, seej said:

Very cool! Love the weathering, paint chipping, verdigris. It's all awesome. My only gripe is the base seems too small for the mini. As you said, it is very top-heavy. I feel a slightly larger base would help balance it out (visually, if not physically).

Thank you, seej!   As I think about it and look at the pictures, I think you are right; a larger base would improve the look of the figure a lot.  In my defense; I'm a gamer primarily, so when I base, I always think in terms of the ease with which a figure can be placed within tight terrain, and have multiple figures put up against it for close combat.  So smaller is usually better. ::):

Edited by Chris Palmer
3 people like this

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

Thank you very much for the link, Inarah!   I just might do that. ::):   Though looking at the current submission, I think I would need to take better photos against a better background...

Nicely done!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Pochi said:

Nicely done!

Thank you, Pochi!

1 person likes this

Excellent work!

2 people like this