Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EbonStorms

Adventures in Airbrushing part 2

7 posts in this topic

As I continue to learn airbrushing, I've been experimenting with some larger minis.

This Bones Griffin was one of the minis I sent in the Summer Mini Exchange.  Everything except for the eyes, beak, and claws used the airbrush.  Even the wash was sprayed on using the airbrush which took a couple of tries to get he mix right.

IMG_20170716_204959.thumb.jpg.889081587735985e0c120d613ddf1a26.jpg

I've had this metal Huge Spider sitting around for many years so I finally decided to give it a go.  In hindsight, I wish I would have painted the parts first then put it together.  I only used a traditional brush on the eyes.

js1.jpg.3e2e8ecb4dfa6b5f89a66cbb3d73d024.jpgjs2.thumb.jpg.153127bd752eae03ed00c4ecf455f95f.jpg

Lastly is Cadirith the Demonic Colossal Spider.  And this ting is truly Colossal.  It's base is about the same size as a CD (remember those).

Again, I really wish I would have painted it before I put it together.  Airbrishing around the legs all assembled was a nightmare and I think I would have done more striping if it was pre-assembled.  I used a traditional brush on the eyes, bones, and spikes.

cs1.thumb.jpg.922c74f6b7ac43275cd6f74f46a74f9f.jpgcs2.thumb.jpg.6818b56d27cc1ca6763edb2a8924b8d1.jpgbsp.thumb.jpg.295faf84b1d504b4d199f99d157b82fe.jpg

20 people like this

Great work.  One day I will use my airbrush for more that just priming.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Clearman said:

Great work.  One day I will use my airbrush for more that just priming.

SECOND THAT!

2 people like this

What is it with everyone painting creepy spiders recently? I creeped myself out looking at reference photos so the spider I need to paint is still benignly primed.

These look great and scary. I really like the griffon and I like how you reversed the colors on the wings making the longer feathers be the darkest bits. Judging by these examples, I'd say you've got the hang of your airbrush!

3 people like this

Pochi, I don't know about the rest of the spiders, but all these Cadiriths posted lately are clearly the universe's way of mocking me for failing to ever complete mine.  

Ebon, keep working that airbrush!  Whatever you're doing, it is really working.

Kang

1 person likes this

They look fantastic; great work with your airbrush!

Looking at your work, makes me want to buy an airbrush.

They look really great and the griffon is awsome! 

Is it possible to use an airbrush in a small indoor room, I guess you need some ventilation? And some space around, I imagine it easily beeing a bit of a mess with paint everywhere..??

I use a spraycan for priming, but I do that outside.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0