Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Another old mini that I painted at the same time as the Taer. Initially I just primed him white and called it good, but since I was painting the Taer, I figured he'd be a good one to paint along side them since he would have a similar color scheme. He was also equally a pain the %&^$#@ elf to photograph, didn't matter if I was using a neutral background or my dungeon tiles. he would inevitably be washed out and or blurry. while trying to experiment I got a decent picture of him on top of my trash can out side.
This guy is very much based on his art in the Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One. Drawn by one of my favorite D&D artists Tony Diterlizzi.
Hmm blown up it's still a little blurry now. I don't get it, the S8 is supposed to have an awesome camera, but it seemed like I was getting better pictures with my wife's old Ipad. I really thought I had finally gotten a picture of him that actually worked. Might try and fix this later as well.
At some point while I was painting him, the troll kind of shrunk. It was like he was exposed to sunlight and it caused him to shrivel up into a low crouch. One could imagine that he's ready to pounce upon a Halfling, or is raising his hands in surrender to a much smaller aggressor. Or some kind of bizarre bonesium catastrophe befell him.
I know I could have warped him back into place if this had happened BEFORE I started painting him, but I've never seen it happen AFTER the mini has cooled. Has anyone else seen that? If so, what causes it, so I can NOT do it again?
I'm otherwise pretty happy with how ugly he is. In particular, I tried a different basing technique that LittleBlueberry described for me awhile back, which is definitely fun to do.
For my birthday, I received a mini I'd had my eye on for a while, Slimux and Mulch!
He's a gardener, a demon gardener.
Is his loyal plough-snail.
Started on Mulch today:-
His shell was based with Hexed Lichen, then had drybrushes of 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Warlord Purple > Warlord Purple > 1:1 Warlord Purple/Squid Pink > Squid Pink, and then I painted Pure Black into the cracks and deep recesses.
Finally I glazed over the whole thing with some thinned Blue Ink.
As usual I used too much Glaze Medium, so I'm going to work on Slimux while it dries, if it dries.
Also for the 5E game, I've started working through my backlog of Bones monsters. While the DM is used to minis, the other players are new to the game and are not. Until we get them trained I'm mostly sticking to Bones and leaving my nicer metal minis at home. Anyway, first up is the Marsh Troll. It was painted using the glaze method that Antimatter promotes for quickly painting scaly beasts to tabletop. This wasn't quite up to his speed, but it was still pretty fast for me.
And for those that followed my WIP, here's a better shot of the the magenta base after water effects were added.
One more ready for the table.
It's been far, far too long since I sat down and painted a mini. Too many other life priorities. But anyways...
So, I painted a Sisters of Battle terminator, and I decided I wanted her as a mini. Games Workshop does not sell SoB terminators. And so began my long conversion process, spending far too much money on bits for a model that probably can't be ever fielded.
A ton of plasticard cementing, ProCreate sculpting, and general hackery later, I came out with this. Proportions are somewhat wonky, but I think they're beyond my capability to fix short of sculpting everything from scratch. Plus GW's proportions have always been wonky, especially for terminators.
A coat of primer and I'm feeling better about this whole project already.
Who's Online 24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)