Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Palmer

Dagon Statue Terrain from Bones 3

11 posts in this topic

Nice stoneworks

2 people like this

Wow!  The gradual progression of dry-brushing is really effective at bringing out a natural-looking stone look.  (Thanks for the blog link with the further details!)

Has this ever come out in stores?  I can imagine that if I could get this in pairs, it would make for a really nice progression (curved creepy spike-like "statues" on each side) leading up to a temple, sacrificial altar, extra-dimensional gateway, big boss fight location, etc.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nice stoneworks

Thanks you, Glitterwolf!

1 hour ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Wow!  The gradual progression of dry-brushing is really effective at bringing out a natural-looking stone look.  (Thanks for the blog link with the further details!)

Has this ever come out in stores?  I can imagine that if I could get this in pairs, it would make for a really nice progression (curved creepy spike-like "statues" on each side) leading up to a temple, sacrificial altar, extra-dimensional gateway, big boss fight location, etc.

Thank you, Jordan! And I'm glad you found the blog link useful.

No, it is not released for retail yet, as it was part of the Bones 3 Kickstarter. Assuming it's what they are calling "Altar to Dagon" on the release schedule, then it looks like it will be early next year before it hits the online store.

I agree; your idea of this paired up in ranks would be very cool.

3 people like this

I also like the stonework, and the engraved lettering is really clean.  Great work.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Clearman said:

I also like the stonework, and the engraved lettering is really clean.  Great work.

Thank you, Clearman!   I have to give credit to the sculpt for the great lettering.  I was worried the dry brushing would obscure it, but it's nice and deep and really ended up standing out nicely.

Posted (edited)

This looks really good, but I'm going to try to go dark. Basalt, maybe? Lots of good statuary examples. And it's volcanic.

Edited by lexomatic
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

This looks really good, but I'm going to try to go dark. Basalt, maybe? Lots of good statuary examples. And it's volcanic.

Thank you, lexomatic!  A dark volcanic color would be great!  Makes me want to get another one and paint it that way as well. 

Very good work, Chris!

It looks just like the one down by the....er, nevermind.

3 people like this

Why am I always reading "Dragon Statue" and wondering because there was no dragon statue in Bones III ...?

Great stonework! Also very impressed how you brought out the writing / inscription.

3 people like this

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Very good work, Chris!

It looks just like the one down by the....er, nevermind.

Thank you, Chaoswolf!

8 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Why am I always reading "Dragon Statue" and wondering because there was no dragon statue in Bones III ...?

Great stonework! Also very impressed how you brought out the writing / inscription.

Thank you, Knight!   I have the same problem; trying to get my mind around the difference between Dragon and Dagon. ::):