knarthex

03116: Black Legionnaire w/ Crossbow For Frostgrave

6 posts in this topic

So having gotten in a few games of Frostgrave, I have decided that my warband was not optimal......

I decided to add the armored master crossbowman, (Can't remember his title...) and got a hold of  03116: Black Legionnaire w/ Crossbow, with one of my orders for the minis of the month...

As I have not had any motivation to paint, I have tried a couple times to get my mojo going, and did some base coating on this guy...

014.thumb.JPG.b24c993b5cb964c6fd6788a30ac48991.JPG015.thumb.JPG.11dcb5671f0f3bd9616459f5ceb4ef32.JPG016.thumb.JPG.e1456cd1033b9b0c3e63b2ae9b939611.JPG017.thumb.JPG.ad21b6d45a576bc381b1092662e406f6.JPG

Hoping he adds some ranged punch to my group....

Thanks for looking!

G

9 people like this

Good to see you painting again!

This guy will surely hit the spot!

Looking good so far!  the armored crossbow guy is a Marksman in Frostgrave.  I usually take one when I can afford one, so hopefully he'll help you out.  I usually give him some height and have him stay put so he can fire every round.

That's a very pretty looking mini! What's that gold colour you are using? It is beautiful! Shiny! Fabulous! I need it in my life .___.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Glamberry said:

That's a very pretty looking mini! What's that gold colour you are using? It is beautiful! Shiny! Fabulous! I need it in my life .___.

@Glamberry

SC 75 Necro Gold, Victorian Brass, and Dwarven Gold...

Get the Scale 75 Metallics, they are simply the best there is......

sorry it took so long to answer....

Edited by knarthex
1 person likes this

A little WC Blue Grey 3 on the tabard tonight...

No pics, to tired....

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      This is Reaper 3789 Fishwife and Crone.  These are the metal versions of the miniatures coming in Bones 4 as part of the Dreadmere set.
      Painted up for tabletop gaming use.  I painted the fish as a delicious deepwater fish from Norway called "Uer".  I have fond memories fishing for these at the shore of the Finnmark fjord, where the drop off was extremely deep.  I was sad to find these fish are now considered endangered.

• By Citrine
      These crocodiles have been on my "I want to paint" list for a long time, they finally made it to the front of the line.

First up some Ral Partha Crocodiles from the RIver Denizens set (31-033).   The set also includes a hippo and a submerged hippo, which is somewhere in the lead mountain.  I had picked up an extra crocodile at a convention long ago.

I also painted up the Reaper lead Dire Crocodile (65107).  I was happy to see his brother in the Bones 4 Kickstarter, it would be swell if this guy made it into bones as well.  I was about to start the lead version of the brother as well, when my husband piped up and said he wanted to paint it.

• By Jessie
      My next two sets of hobgoblins and hobgoblin veterans. I was not as pleased by how well my first set turned out (first set) as I still struggle to paint anything in white very well and felt like there wasn't enough contrast or detail on the armor. So instead this time I tried a sort of a paint, then dark wash, then highlight to get the detail out on their armor. I was hoping the green armor would look more jade (I have those foo dogs to paint up eventually) and it didn't quite turn out like I wanted to, but I am pleased that at least the detail in their armor wasn't as lost this time around. Anyways, thanks for reading!

• By Jessie
      Trying to paint up some of my Bones I stuff as well as get more heroes done and intersperse them through my bigger painting projects. I didn't have a lot of halflings painted so decided to paint this little bard fellow. I always try to mimic the official art on at least my first one if they are pathfinder iconics. His coat is burgundy wine/violet red and his hair is the blonde hair triad. I'm mostly happy with the way his pants turned out though someone better could have gotten more detail on the scarf around his waist. He's lazily pinned to a base from Dragon Forge Design. Anyways, thanks for reading!

• By Jessie
      Finished off my congress of bugbears (murder of bugbears?). Like the last set, had to cut them out of their broccoli then glue them to these wooden 1" squares I have diagonally so they'd sort of almost fit in 1". Skin/fur is a base of russet brown and highlighted with mixing that with blonde shadow. Hair/fur is russet brown mixed with auburn shadow. Anyways, they were all fun and expressive. Thanks for reading!

• Who's Online   40 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)