• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      Elpagg glanced over over the unconscious woman; she'd make an excellent prize to deliver to the cap'n. They would probably get a decent price for her at the slave markets of Nepo-7. Well, if  she lived that long...
      The raider shook his head to clear his thoughts. Best to concentrate on right now, he thought, as he continued to loot her cabin. She had jewelry and some tech equipment that would bring in a nice pile of credits; all of this was haphazardly piled on the table as he continued going through the storage compartments of her cabin.
      Suddenly, he heard a slight noise come from the other room. Damn! He should have made certain she was alone before he started to ransack her quarters. He drew his pistol and began to approach the other room. As he did so, he saw a small female shape outlined in the light coming through the open doorway.
      He grinned to himself, this was getting better and better. "Come on out here, girlie. I promise I ain't gonna hurt ya"
      The figure remained motionless for what seemed like ever, but was probably only 30 seconds, then took an uncertain step forward, rising it's hands at the same time.
      Something screamed a warning in the back of Elpagg's mind, but it was already too late. The brilliant flash of light and the searing pain from his chest both registered in his brain within milliseconds of each other.
      The ELz-1 personal protection droid scanned the raider and confirmed that  he was dead. Performing the same scan on the body of her mistress confirmed that she was still alive, and only slightly injured. Ellie, as her mistress called her, set about securing the cabin against any further intrusion, before running it's first aid programs on the unconscious woman.
      This is a  Bubblegum Crisis robot figure from Ground Zero Games that I snagged out of a BoGW a while back, and finally decide to paint.   I wanted 'her' to be a little old and dinged up looking, so I did a lot of weathering to the figure.
      I hope you like her!

• By aku-chan

Presenting the Gentlefolk Blacksmith, a heavy-hitting Servant of the Engine from the game Twisted. He's part of my Steampunk People WIP thread.
      Been looking forward to painting this one for ages (mainly because he resembles Tick-Tock from Return to Oz, that's also why he's mostly bronze).
      Unfortunately, I did attach his chimney a little skewed, but I think I'm liking how it looks.
      As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Jay
      I work for a large movie company and wanted to reproduce one of their animated characters. Here's the result.
      This little guy is printed in PLA:

The arms and legs are posable. I printed small links with a hole in the center and ran floral arrangement wire through them.
      I cut the wire from the legs inside the body and connected an LED for the eye. The wire is plastic coated so you have to sand paper off the plastic coating to make them conductive. You can see the wire connections inside the cup. At the local craft store they sold strings of miniature lights so I picked up several on sale. You get a battery holder with circuitry to regulate the current to the LED and as a bonus it has a timer to turn the LED on for six hours out of every twenty four. For convenience I drilled a hole for the wire and glued the battery holder to the bottom of the cup. The switch is accessible without taking the thing apart.
      It was a commissioned piece for our CTO. As he said "It's all about the toys!"
      Thanks for looking :)
    • By Darcstaar
      Here is another of my Imperial Assault figures.
      IG-88.  I followed the Sorastro guide, which involved drybrushing, washes, drybrushing, etc.  4 or 5 cycles.
      Then painting on some forced highlights, then a blue wash on one side and a red one on the other.
      This was fast, and a little sloppy.  But fast.
      C&C Welcome.

• By Pingo
      This is Patrick Keith's 50246: Marie, She-Bot, famous from the old Fritz Lang movie "Metropolis," and two other robots Johnny Lauck sold adjacent to his sci fi Salvage Crew.
      I painted them up in less than an hour. WIP thread here.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)