• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Hydra's Robot Legion is fantastic. These are considerably taller than 28mm scale, and are big even on a heroic-scale standard.

These 'bots are how we learned tinkering with the First Law is a bad idea. Older models popular for security applications came with rheostats that would adjust "how harmful does a thing have to be to be Harm" and "how human is Human, anyway?" This allowed them to rationalize the use of nonlethal force to protect Earth (and Company) interests.

Hoooo boy. THAT was a lesson Earth learned in short order. Half of the Kuiper Belt is under the Moravec sphere of influence now. 

Here is a Heavy Support Legionnaire on patrol with a Neural Inhibitor. Be prepared to prove you are, in fact, human. or it will shoot. Documents are not sufficient as proof.

And an Optio out with a Legionnaire on perimeter duty. 

Their commanding officer, the Centurion (memetic viruses have become widespread on the outer settlements, and some of the robots have developed...eccentricities.)

And the entire hegemony under the literal iron fist of their gracious hierarch, Queen Mechanika.

ALL THE BOTS! 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Gentlefolk Highwaywoman from the Servants of the Engine faction in the game Twisted.
      Originally a robotic housemaid, she gained self-awareness and now robs from the rich to keep herself fuelled.

A lot of fun to paint but I think I was a bit messy in places.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Got a new steampunk mini on the table:-

The Gentlefolk Highwaywoman (from the Twisted mini range), a robotic housemaid turned gun-wielding bandit.

So far I've painted up her face, hands and bit of thigh (Oily Steel > Black Wash > Oily Steel > Aluminium > Black Wash), the gun barrels were done at the same time but didn't get further than the 2nd layer of Oily Steel.
      Next, her torso was based in Brassy Brass, and her hair and gun were based in Bronze, it was all given a Brown Wash.

I think there's more of her mechanical parts on show then I originally thought, so I'll give her a good look over tomorrow. 
    • By Pingo
      This is Patrick Keith's 50246: Marie, She-Bot, famous from the old Fritz Lang movie "Metropolis," and two other robots Johnny Lauck sold adjacent to his sci fi Salvage Crew.

I painted them up in less than an hour. WIP thread here.

• By Chaoswolf
      Elpagg glanced over over the unconscious woman; she'd make an excellent prize to deliver to the cap'n. They would probably get a decent price for her at the slave markets of Nepo-7. Well, if  she lived that long...
      The raider shook his head to clear his thoughts. Best to concentrate on right now, he thought, as he continued to loot her cabin. She had jewelry and some tech equipment that would bring in a nice pile of credits; all of this was haphazardly piled on the table as he continued going through the storage compartments of her cabin.

Suddenly, he heard a slight noise come from the other room. Damn! He should have made certain she was alone before he started to ransack her quarters. He drew his pistol and began to approach the other room. As he did so, he saw a small female shape outlined in the light coming through the open doorway.

He grinned to himself, this was getting better and better. "Come on out here, girlie. I promise I ain't gonna hurt ya"

The figure remained motionless for what seemed like ever, but was probably only 30 seconds, then took an uncertain step forward, rising it's hands at the same time.

Something screamed a warning in the back of Elpagg's mind, but it was already too late. The brilliant flash of light and the searing pain from his chest both registered in his brain within milliseconds of each other.

The ELz-1 personal protection droid scanned the raider and confirmed that  he was dead. Performing the same scan on the body of her mistress confirmed that she was still alive, and only slightly injured. Ellie, as her mistress called her, set about securing the cabin against any further intrusion, before running it's first aid programs on the unconscious woman.

This is a  Bubblegum Crisis robot figure from Ground Zero Games that I snagged out of a BoGW a while back, and finally decide to paint.   I wanted 'her' to be a little old and dinged up looking, so I did a lot of weathering to the figure.

I hope you like her!

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)